Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Stop Catering to New Players?

Boondokz

17 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

20 pages of arguing, misinformation, and thinly veiled insults.  There are definitely future politicians in this forum.

Ah the common passerby who always thinks he knows better than the ones arguing , as he leaves without offering any way constructive criticism.

what warframe needs is something worth an endgame grind. currently the only thing close to this is Eidolons - you can argue that as much as you want but they even said it themselves its basically our endgame content right now - (as u cant grind that in a day or a week, it takes some actual effort)

it gives out arcanes and its the only source for arcanes.

this is a step in the right direction. 

what we Need is something like this. but also new players not being able to access it 2 days into the game (cough Fortuna) 

if we take a look at most other games. generally higher end content is locked behind either level. or a gear progression (either through farming bosses for a while or grinding something rare)

Something that cant be obtained quickly. and is more or less locked behind a grind wall with prerequisites. or dare i say it even MR.

yes DE needs to not make the game so new player friendly but i think in effect they can also do that by putting in some restrictions on current content that we have. 

Mr is the easiest way to more or less lock progression. 

increasing the base level of the star chart. Honestly when i started playing i was surprised that each planet wasn't jumping by like 5-10 levels.

i don't think the issue is really making it new player friendly entirely but more of its not being late game friendly. new players can access pretty much everything a Mr26 can in about a week. (to an extent, that doesnt mean they will be good at it its just the point im making )

Alert level in fortuna was a step in the right direction. the option to have hoards of enemies on your tail is nice. however for bounties its probably not the most feasible.

an other suggestion is the base amount of enemies appearing in all maps should double. hoarde shooter with only 110-200 mobs? (looking at you exterminate)

unfortunately DE didnt listen much as they had said with the Orb heists it won't be comparable to eidolons which implies(in my opinion) its not going to be grind heavy (or difficult) so one can assume that the rewards will not vastly amazing either.

i look forward to the complaint threads when that drops.. (not really)

I'm honestly hoping that railjack has some intense requirements..while that may seem unfair. i think DE should not be handing out all its content so quickly.. (as in readily accessible fairly early into the game)

if you want an example of a game where content is more or less locked behind a grind wall. check out maplestory. which was arguably one of the biggest MMO's (for quite a while) and still has a vast amount of players(yes it hasn't died tho with all the competition out there now its not so populated). ironically i have never seen anyone complain about not being able to do some of its content. (as currently some content is locked behind near max level and its an extremely long grind)

EDIT: ive noticed that a lot of people have instead of contributing to the threads just end up arguing with each other (mostly over argument types... really? got nothing better to do?) and it's not helping much. try to stay on/near topic im constantly told to not post on forums and im starting to understand why. 😛

Edited by Makunogo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You make it sound like this was considered endgame content.... I mean....it was never intended for that.....wasn't there a Devstream at some point where the idea for open world on the first two planets was to entice new players to play?  And you do realize this game isn't even finished, right?  We're not playing a full game.  It has metaphorically been in Early Access since release.  Many open worlds are to come.  Many are scheduled to be harder.  You're problem seems to be that you want it now, not later.  But life doesn't really work that way.  Just sit back, relax, and learn to play a video game as a way to have fun.....not as a job or something.

I also guarantee if the bounties were way harder, you would still be here complaining that you can't have a casual solo grind for all of that standing.  Or you would gave complained the standing is so little for the amount of work you need to do.

If you're really so hard up for a challenge, delete that Arca Plasmor you take everywhere, remove every build you had to copy from iFlynn or someone because you couldn't make 2+2=4 and head back in.  Make the game a challenge....not whine that it isn't a challenge because you want to be a spoiled brat and have everything now.

Or go back to playing Fortnite; your choice.