Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do I Upgrade My AMP (Can't do Eidolons)

Uber.Munchkin

Hi Folks, I'm trying to find a way that I can get an upgraded AMP without being able to do the Eidolons.

My problem is this:

I am a UK Player in a small clan of people who are not in the UK.  Normally this is not a problem as we can all contribute to Clan research and access the blueprints etc, but for end game it is proving to be a problem.  Given that my Clan are asleep when I'm online and I'm asleep when they are online we can't often play together.

So I'm trying to get into some groups to try out Eidolon hunting.  I've farmed Chroma Prime and put as many upgrades as I can on it (I'm still missing a lot of key mods but it's not a bad build), I've got a Vectis Prime levelled up and ready to go (again not amazing but solid).  But I can't get a spot in any group because I'm stuck with the basic AMP, every single time I've responded to a 'LF Eidolon Hunters' message I've been asked what Amp I'm using and when I say 'The basic one' that's it, I get told there isn't a spot for me and to come back when I have a better Amp.

So, how do I improve my Amp without being able to hunt Eidolons?  It seems like a vicious circle to me, can't get into a hunting group because my Amp is crap, the only way I can see to improve it is to hunt Eidolons, which requires a group, which I can't get in to.

Any one have any suggestions?

Sounds like you've hit the wrong ads in recruiting chat. Try hosting it yourself, and let people know you're hosting a casual Eidolon/Tridolon hunt (this distinguishes you from those advertising 3x3 to 5x3). If all else fails, you can try to PUG it with the night bounty from Konzu (but that might hit you with the RNG slapstick of public matchmaking, so I don't recommend that particularly).

You can either join public groups ( Cetus bounties, Teralyst hunt ), or just go to the plains at night and kill the small Vombalysts that drop cores.

I'd recommend joining public Teralyst groups. You can always help by killing the Vombs, charging lures, and use your sniper to contribute with damaging the Teralyst.

Initially it wil require patience. Sometimes you will get a good group, other times you will join a bunch of clueless beginners.
Regardless of group composition, here are a few hints:

1- acquire a gun with critical and radiation damage build. Status is not that important there. It's the good setup to hit sinovias, aka weak spots.

2-don't waste shots with guns at the eidolon's shields.

3- learn to use void mode and void dash. In void mode, the magnetic burst deals 0 damage to you.

4- get a few energy consumables or use zenurik school with energizing dash. Initially at least. Guides will tell you to use madurai or unairu. But you are in a pug and advanced tactics only work with a real team. use whatever you want to stay alive and help the hunt to be as smooth as possible.

5- Don't get greedy in your first hunts. capture the teralyst, return to cetus and restart as much as you can. you need reputation with quills to buy amp parts.

Edited by renleech

you could be trinity and join a public squad at cetus from konzu.
and help support your team for now.
the first eidolon isn't that hard if you have at least a 5 forma Lanka you can take it down within 8 min ( or 3-4 min if there is a Void Strike Volt in your team.)

Just now, renleech said:

Initially it wil require patience. Sometimes you will get a good group, other times you will join a bunch of clueless beginners.
Regardless of group composition, here are a few hints:

1- acquire a gun with critial and radiation damage build. status is not that important here. It's the goos setup to hit sinovias, aka weak spots

2-don't waste shots with guns at the eidolon's shields.

3- learn to use void mode and void dash.

4- get a few energy consumables or use zenurik school with energizing dash. initially at least. Guides will tell you to use madurai or unairu. But you are in a pug and advanced tactics only work with a real team. use whatever you want to stay alive.

Thank you.

I've watched a bunch of videos on how the fight actually goes, what the phases are and when you need to go void mode to avoid damage, the fact that the shields can't be hurt by regular weapons (only the Amp).  I'm already in Madurai as that is the one I got in the War Within plot, but I've only got like one thing unlocked in it as it's proving very difficult to get anything, an average mission awards about 1k (or less if it's not a multi-round mission) in focus for my lens mounted on my primary, but I need hundreds of thousands to actually do anything.  So that will all have to wait.

I'm good with Void Dash and Void Mode, I think I can handle that part.

Our clan doesn't have the large Energy Restore blueprint yet but I've got the best one I can get so far.  

I can rebuild the Vectis Prime for Radiation, it's currently Crit/Corrosive as I was fighting Grineer, but I can shift that to Crit/Radiation in loadout B.  

Thanks for the tips.

2 minutes ago, HEA-Devazone said:

you could be trinity and join a public squad at cetus from konzu.
and help support your team for now.
the first eidolon isn't that hard if you have at least a 5 forma Lanka you can take it down within 8 min ( or 3-4 min if there is a Void Strike Volt in your team.)

Thanks.  But I suck at playing Trinity and I don't have a Lanka.  I think the Vectis Prime does a pretty good job as a sniper rifle though.  I've only got a couple of forma on the Vectis but then I don't have much in the way of amazing mods for it.

33 minutes ago, Uber.Munchkin said:

Hi Folks, I'm trying to find a way that I can get an upgraded AMP without being able to do the Eidolons.

My problem is this:

I am a UK Player in a small clan of people who are not in the UK.  Normally this is not a problem as we can all contribute to Clan research and access the blueprints etc, but for end game it is proving to be a problem.  Given that my Clan are asleep when I'm online and I'm asleep when they are online we can't often play together.

So I'm trying to get into some groups to try out Eidolon hunting.  I've farmed Chroma Prime and put as many upgrades as I can on it (I'm still missing a lot of key mods but it's not a bad build), I've got a Vectis Prime levelled up and ready to go (again not amazing but solid).  But I can't get a spot in any group because I'm stuck with the basic AMP, every single time I've responded to a 'LF Eidolon Hunters' message I've been asked what Amp I'm using and when I say 'The basic one' that's it, I get told there isn't a spot for me and to come back when I have a better Amp.

So, how do I improve my Amp without being able to hunt Eidolons?  It seems like a vicious circle to me, can't get into a hunting group because my Amp is crap, the only way I can see to improve it is to hunt Eidolons, which requires a group, which I can't get in to.

Join public bounty Terralyst. You'll get carried ez. Usually even bad pubs can get 3-4 Terry's a night which is plenty to cap rep for a couple days.

Edited by Erytroxylin

1 minute ago, Iamabearlulz said:

I thought Energy Restore BP was a syndicate thing, same as all the other restores.

Then I don't have that either.  I'm rank 2 or 3 with Cephalon Suda but I don't think I have enough 'points' to get the blueprint, if it's there.

I will check when I get home, thanks for the pointer.

Just now, Uber.Munchkin said:

I think the Vectis Prime does a pretty good job as a sniper rifle though

Under normal circumstances, VectisP is a great sniper rifle. What you're actually after, though, is the sweet, sweet crit chance bonus only Lanka provides, and the insanely long sniper combo timer.

Not that I would know, being a Rubico user and all...

You've made one simple mistake - Tried to form a group in chat.

You don't need that, you're not doing 4x3 anyway, go with randoms, just make sure to follow these rules so as to not waste your time on failed attempts:

TEAM COMPOSITION

1. Make sure you have a healer - Healers aren't always mandatory, but if you want to kill all 3 with randoms, then they pretty much are. If you are doing only Terry, then having a healer is entirely optional.

2. Team frames - There is no real meta, but learn to tell when your team mates don't know anything, an Inaros with melee only or an Ash with Ignis (real examples) are a sure sign that that player doesn't know what to do in or out of operator mode.

3. Team MR - If below 5 they will be useless, if below 8-9 take with a grain of salt.

Conclusion - I'm not saying that if any of those conditions aren't met you have to bail, but often times it may be better to do so.

YOUR LOADOUT

1. Frame - Despite popular belief Having a high damage frame with a sniper is in fact the least important job in a hunt. Only one person is required for it, if you don't have that setup to a very good almost excellent level, there's no need to focus on that. There are plenty of min-maxed players joining pugs, damage dealers most of them. That is why it's best to go Trinity or Oberon for a start, learn how to handle lures and nothing else will be required of you.

2. Operator - 223 is the amp you should be going for. Before you get it its best you do mostly Teralyst hunts.

3. Weapon - If it doesn't shoot down a limb in 2 sec max you may as well not equip one.

Conclusion - If you're not doing the limb damage and you don't have a solid operator for shield damage, your only option to not only "tag along" is to heal. If you don't want that, then start off with Teralyst only, until you get 223 and some focus. Also Chroma is horrible for pugs, go Volt, Rhino or Harrow if you don't want to be a healer that mutch.

Edited by Ver1dian

Well, I'd suggest finding a new clan if you cant play with these guys. Preferably a moon clan. Every Moon clan I've been in has a least one dedicated eidelon hunter. The one in mine is very good at hunting, and brings along unskilled players and such to help. Id also say to invest in maybe Volt or Oberon, since they can improve the damage of others, too, which could make you more approachable.

If you want I can bring you to eidolon hunt, if you struggle with pugs. I do them solo or with one of my clanmate. We usually just kill Teralyst multiple times (we kill 4-6/night), but for AMP farming I guess it's enough.
We are form europe (hungary to be precise), so we are more or less in the same time zone.

If I remember correctly the requirement to build the first amp are not too bad. I went to the plains at night, and killed some Vomvalysts and farmed some Cetus wisps.

You need 30 Cetus wisps and some mining/fishing material to craft the 111 amp.

Vomvalysts will yield intact sentient core, giving 100 standing each. You need 5000 standing to reach mote with the Quills, and pick one of the amp component as reward. You then need 4000 additional standing to buy the remaining amp parts. That's 9000 standing, so 90 Vomvalysts. If you have a lot of mining gems, you can also use the Exceptional sentient core conversion blueprint from the Quills. It will convert intact sentient core (100 standing) into exceptional sentient core (500 standing), but require sentirum et nyth. Strictly speaking it's not worth using, but if you enjoy mining but hate farming Vomvalyst that's an option.

Once you have a 111 you can be useful in the Eidolon fights. It's not the meta amp, but it's definitely good enough to get started. I would not start with Chroma though. He requires a lot of energy to maintain Vex armor and uses a lot of energy restore. Trinity would be easier to get started with. Your job is to press 4 when lures might be in danger. It's straight forward, and if you take care of the lures no one will complain about your lack of damage. Trinity prime is also free with Twitch prime, and you won't need primed mods for her to do her job in Eidolon fights.

I'm in the UK too, it depends on the time you're playing but I can try to fit a session in to get a few runs in outside of Fortuna time.

But usually a public Terralyst hunt is very doable as there will often be at least one with the required gear to get it done.  Sometime no-one has and then it would suck but sometime you'll join a group with three experienced Tenno loaded for Terry Bear and it'll be over before you know it.

Last year none of us had good gear or knew how to do it but we muddled through taking all night to get one and here we are doing it in just a few minutes even without a Meta focused team.

Edited by Sabreracer

I started put with Pubs (hindsight cringe at my Performance back them) and they rarely failed a tridolon.  Just hop in and try your best. People in recruiting are mainly looking for very experienced Players for high efficiency runs.  5x3 runs rarely require less than 150 Hydro caps. And just a couple of Pubs can give you the Standing for your x23 amp

Edited by Eisdschungel

Thanks for the pointers folks.  I guess it's time to dig out the Trinity Prime (Or possibly Oberon, which I enjoy playing a lot more than Trinity), at least that way I can contribute something.  I don't want to be carried, I want to actually contribute something.

Those of you who have offered help, I'll keep an eye out for you online.

Thank you all.

I was in a similar situation as you and I did the following: went out at night solo and farmed vombalysts until I got the first rank with the quills. Then I built the tier 1 amp and leveled it. The T1 amp is orders of magnitude better than the mote amp and already good enough for the Teralyst. Then I just went to farm Teralysts in public groups and built the T2 amp which is pretty good. From then on you can just farm tridolons normally. Now I'm using a 223. Good luck! 

1 hour ago, Uber.Munchkin said:

My problem is this:

Hi OP,

I understand it can feel awkward having the mote but here are some things to bear in mind.

Try the Bounties instead of the LFG, pick these up from Konzu at night - usually people are more relaxed here and (speaking personally) won't mind carrying you from an amp perspective.

Even if you can't damage the Eidilon you can still be useful; consider running trinity prime and healing the damage dealers. That is as useful as being a eidilon killer. Also clear the trash Sentients so they don't annoy or damage the Eidolon killers.

You don't need to be a damage dealer to be useful :)

So to round up:

1. grab a more chilled group through the bounty.

2. do what you can with your amp, clear ads and hit the shield when you can

3. run support - we all currently have access to Trinity Prime.

Good luck tenno, you'll easily find some groups to run with who won't mind through bounties instead of LFG.

I have done only bounty Teralysts, first as Oberon (+Lanka) and lately Volt (+ Lanka).

Initially, because I did not want to mess up the group being complete dolt, I practiced solo with Teralyst. In the end, I killed few teralysts solo with mote amp and got enough baubles to make 111. Yeah, taking a teralyst down solo with mote, as Oberon, took the whole night, but at least I was learning :). 

I suggest you make 111 right away, unless you have access to 223 already from Quills. 111 is still good enough, and really, it is 10 times better than Mote. 

The bounty groups can be anything. Sometimes I had to pretty much solo (as oberon) the eidolon, with over 90% of group damage done, while other times I was at 3% damage done when there were some real damage dealers in group. If you have OK damage, you do not need to heal the lures. Many times there are some joint destroyers in the bounty group, and things are fast then. When there are people who have not even mote amp yet (someone was using the basic transference-ability you get after second dream) or try to shoot joints with stuff like Supra, then things take long time unless you are the damage dealer.

Anyways:

1) Try Teralyst few times solo. If you do not have good enough gear to kill it within the night, then just learn to stay alive. When to jump, when to use void mode to prevent damage etc. Learn how to get lures, where to get lures, and how to charge them. When you know how to dodge the Eidolon stuff, and you know what he will do whenever he starts to do something, you can stay alive WAY better and be of better use to your group.

2) If you have good volt or harrow, try to build yourself as damage dealer. Instructions found in hundreds of youtube videos. If you do not have good damage frame, then use oberon (parts available everywhere) and keep yourself, lures and party alive.

3) After few Teralyst kills, you should have enough baubles to make 111 amp. Get it asap, unless you somehow simultaneously (or very fast in near future) would have access to 223.

With good luck, you get into a group that will carry you through your first teralysts in few minutes. With not so good luck, you might be in a group that struggles to kill the Teralyst within the 40 min timer. All groups are not hopeless though, so you will get some Teralysts down eventually.

The main reason why they are recruiting is to avoid pugging the hunt bounty and having to carry players with next to no eidolon captures doing little in comparison with a ungilded mote amp.

Which is where you should start yourself> joining the public terry hunt bounty.

You'll 99% certainly get some caps, and soon (a couple terry captures shold get you well above 5000 rep, get to the 2nd level of quills, get a free amp part, then a couple more caps and you can access 222 parts and get a free amp part again. Which isn't a bad amp to invest in at all,  something like 221, 121, 122 or so and then gild it.

the crit from the xx3 is just more advanced set up and really only going to make it so you can get efficient enough to do 4+x3 without out sweating or getting carried, but you'll be able to do decent work with a gilded 222 221 to not be getting carried too often in tridolons. At which point you'll have tons of cores stacked and always be at rep cap.

2 hours ago, Uber.Munchkin said:

My problem is this:

What I did was spend several nights hunting Vomvalysts with my Mote Amp, until I had enough standing with the Quills to obtain built amp parts.

I would suggest thats the way to go, if you aren't having any luck finding groups to play with and decide to go solo. You only need to get to Observer rank with the Quills to access amp components and while that still requires a lot of farming, it is doable this way (just takes longer as you only get regular intact cores from Vomvalysts).

The Mote Amp has negligible effect on Teralysts, so I can sort of understand the reactions you've been getting. Keep trying though - you may still get lucky. Eidolon hunts will boost your standing faster, as you can get Flawless & Radiant cores, which are more valuable.

But if you have no luck with that, try it the grindy way.