Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do I Upgrade My AMP (Can't do Eidolons)

Uber.Munchkin

2 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Under normal circumstances, VectisP is a great sniper rifle. What you're actually after, though, is the sweet, sweet crit chance bonus only Lanka provides, and the insanely long sniper combo timer.

Not that I would know, being a Rubico user and all...

Vectis P is more than serviceable against the Terry. I tend to prefer bringing it over my lanka. That might change if I got a riven for the lanka but otherwise its some pretty decent damage.

just run out the door after accepting the bounty. do not pick tridolon until you have another amp. also a good chance to fail if you do pick tridolon since the other two shields are a lot higher and a lot of the time you dont get people that can instantly one shot the thing. me and my friend duo'd terry we didnt bother with 4 people, all we were was saryn prime and rhino. he had a new amp i had the mote. we could get almost 5 of the things but most of the time had to settle with 4.

8 hours ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

You can either join public groups ( Cetus bounties, Teralyst hunt ), or just go to the plains at night and kill the small Vombalysts that drop cores.

I'd recommend joining public Teralyst groups. You can always help by killing the Vombs, charging lures, and use your sniper to contribute with damaging the Teralyst.

Oh yes please! ☝️

Even if you can't damage the shields, you can definitely contribute significantly. I mostly levelled up by doing public Terry hunts. It definitely helps you to learn the sequence of events and to recognise the cues for the attacks. 

Even your mote amp will deal with the vomvalysts in a few shots (especially if you just shoot them with your weapons to make them turn ghostly first). And the fewer of those there are, the better for the people doing the rest of the jobs.

Spoiler

They attack, and also sometimes heal the Terry by linking to him. The fewer there are once the first lure is charged, the better! I often wish that the newer hunters would focus on that at least at first. It would often make the hunts faster. 

If you are doing reasonably well with that, try to go straight up to the second rank. Build yourself a 2-1-2 amp or better, then try to level it up to level 30 ASAP, and get it gilded when you can. Don't forget to make others over time though. 

You'll also want a good sniper rifle modded for maximum radiation damage, which means a fair bit of forma. 

Good luck, Tenno! 

The Teralyst is the training wheels Eidolon.  Join pug bounties and you'll get caps 90% of the time, unless you have bad luck with a full group of hunt newbies.  One strategy I used was to go on the Teralyst bounty with maybe 15 min or less left on the timer.  This usually guarantees you a seasoned hunter who is finishing off the night with a few teralyst caps, or better players who have no issues capping within 5-10 min.  I've squeezed 2-3 sometimes in those last few minutes before sunrise  😎  That' will get you the cores you need very quickly to rank up and get a better amp.

8 hours ago, Uber.Munchkin said:

Thanks for the pointers folks.  I guess it's time to dig out the Trinity Prime (Or possibly Oberon, which I enjoy playing a lot more than Trinity), at least that way I can contribute something.  I don't want to be carried, I want to actually contribute something.

Those of you who have offered help, I'll keep an eye out for you online.

Thank you all.

Forget those frames. For the Terry hunt you don't need to be worried about the lures. Take your Rhino. When the shields drop, Iron Skin to keep you up while shooting the joints, and Roar with a bit of duration, so you and your teammates can do more damage.

Zenurik energising dash is everyone's best friend, for casual Terry hunts. Since you didn't go that way, try to run your frame through any operator bubbles you see. If you have to, drop a team energy restore after the energy spikes so that you can turn on that Iron Skin, as needed. Remember the only thing your team doesn't need is constant death. Don't worry about dying, nobody is likely to be upset at someone dropping, but as a player who has carried a bunch of Teralyst hunts, I'm not stopping what I'm doing to revive you. That goes double if I've just revived you less than a minute ago, if I have a chance between joints I'll usually try and help people up. 

If you do the capture, each brilliant shard is worth 25k Focus. So.. That'll be good for your Focus schools. 

Good luck, Tenno. If you're ever on a ps4 or if we get cross play, look me up, and if I'm on, and it's Cetus night, then I'll look forward to seeing how you do your hunting. 😁