Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best places to farm the unvaulted relics?

(PSN)CaelThunderwing

Question

14 answers to this question

/u/xPrinny put a useful guide on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/9wzdi1/nova_mag_prime_unvault_relics_and_farming/

At a glance, I'd say you want to run Orb Vallis bounties when it arrives on console, and Cetus bounties until then.  Hepit (Void) might be better than Cetus if you're specifically targeting Lith M2s, since captures are faster than bounty stages, and in this specific case Hepit has better drop rates than all but the last bounty stage.  I would say in all other cases, open world bounties are the way to go.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CaelThunderwing said:

from what i understand on Console the drop tables are slightly Different than they are on PC

This is the first I've ever heard of that, except for obvious edge cases like console not having Fortuna yet. 

I was able to pick up all of the unvaulted relics except Lith (despite multiple runs) running Cetus last night. I then tried void survival (T3 void fissures) and didn't get any good drops, but one of my squadmates unlocked the last piece of Hydroid Prime, so that worked out.

2 hours ago, Invictus13307 said:

At a glance, I'd say you want to run Orb Vallis bounties when it arrives on console, and Cetus bounties until then.  Hepit (Void) might be better than Cetus if you're specifically targeting Lith M2s, since captures are faster than bounty stages, and in this specific case Hepit has better drop rates than all but the last bounty stage.  I would say in all other cases, open world bounties are the way to go.

This from invictus.  For anything other than Lith M2, Cetus is the way to go.  Hepit for M2.  

They can drop from Syndicate Relic Packs

which is my method, i just buy the packs. Less hassle than farming Void or Cetus

In preparation for each Unvaulting, I'll have my 3 Syndicates a Max Rank, Max Standing; typically I've had a month or two to do this at my leisure.

Once I spend all the Syndicate Standing available for my current Rank, I turn in a few medallions for the Enemy Syndicate, this drops me down to the next lower Rank, freeing up even more Syndicate Standing to be converted into Relic Packs.

Since the packs are at Rank 2, that's quite a lot of Standing you can spend on packs as you drop Ranks.

132,000 + 99,000 + 70,000 + 44,000

by the time all that is spent, I'll be dropped down to Rank 1 with my Syndicates, and I'll have a good selection of Relics

This is now a good time to Switch Sides and join the 3 Enemy Syndicates, get access to all those Syndicate Augs, Weapons, etc from the other side.

Then start working on building back up to max Rank in preparation for the next unvaulting (its a month or 2 out, so plenty of time to do this).

Summary:

I don't farm Relics, I just buy them from Syndicates

Syndicate Standing accumulates naturally over time, so you should have plenty of it to spend

You have more Standing than you know; de-ranking unlocks the previous Rank's Standing to be spent.

each Unvaulting I liquidate my Standing and switch Syndicates

The Cetus Bounties since you have a 1/3 to 1/5 chance to get a specific relic. vs the terrible rng in void missions.

when orb vallis is available to you. you can switch to that because sometimes you get a bonus for doing the bonus objective and sometimes even x2 of the relic aswell. 

at the moment i am switcing between vallis and cetus. BUT whenever there is a void fissure i will hop in there otherwise i avoid the void. cus that was a time consuming af grind.

also it lets u cap standing without thinking about needing to cap it (which i honestly sometimes forget about cetus alot haha )

More so when it comes to getting the axi relics (since there is mostly only a chance in rot C)

Edited by Makunogo

10 hours ago, (PS4)CaelThunderwing said:

grind for Not buy >_> (what an obvious sales pitch) given im doing the regind on a second platform the temptation comming from PC to blow so much on plat is overwhelming, No thanks Pal. but anyone with serious suggestions?

Implying that you asked a serious question in the first place 🤣