Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE Cave Access

xethier

So I somewhat understand why access to the caves in PoE were limited to plaguestar only... I disagree, but I can understand the thinking.

Recently, the cave to the west of the entrance to cetus has been locked off. (sometime in the last 3 hot-fixes, i cannot enter it, it was the only accessible cave without plaguestar, but that seems to be gone now) 

Since the release of OV though, and the number of players on PoE is going down, isn't it time to allow players into these caves without needing to have plaguestar active?

Besides, some of these caves are hands-down (in my opinion) the best looking and most interesting places in PoE.

Please DE, please let us go spelunking in PoE!

47 minutes ago, xethier said:

access to the caves in PoE were limited to plaguestar only

47 minutes ago, xethier said:

Recently, the cave to the west of the entrance to cetus has been locked off. (sometime in the last 3 hot-fixes, i cannot enter it, it was the only accessible cave without plaguestar, but that seems to be gone now) 

They are open for about 4 or 5 months now. Even Bounties take place there.

13 minutes ago, xethier said:

This posting is more for the other half-dozen or so caves that are closed all the time unless plaguestar is open.

I can only repeat myself. They are all open. My Clan and me use to mine there.

13 minutes ago, xethier said:

Especially the one in the southeast that has the open area and the long diagonal elevator shaft. I'd like to be able to explore these without plaguestar being active. 

The last 5 Bounties had 4 missions inside this very cave (2 times caches, 1 time Assassination  and 1 time Liberation)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

The cave to the west of cetus was closed to me yesterday, on multiple attempts to enter. (separate launches of PoE) It's open and working today though, not sure what that was.

This posting is more for the other half-dozen or so caves that are closed all the time unless plaguestar is open. Especially the one in the southeast that has the open area and the long diagonal elevator shaft. I'd like to be able to explore these without plaguestar being active. 

they. are. not. open. for. me.

so, what's the secret then? only open when bounties are active?

if that's the case, let's stop that practice. try to curtail your 'i told you so' instinct for 3 seconds and help a tenno out, how about it?

Edited by xethier

I always thought them being open without a bounty / plague star being active was a random low-chance thing. I can't think of a reason why this was intent to be like this but .... so it has been since ever.  Just like OP, they are always closed for me as well 90% of the time when free-roaming.  I only ever get to go in them when a bounty or sortie tells me to.