Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does the AkVasto Prime have recoil when fired, but Vasto Prime and the regular AkVasto don’t?

(PSN)Lei-Lei_23

So I just built the AkVasto Prime just now and figured I give it a test run on how it fires. The one thing I noticed was that it had a bit of kick when it fired. Normally for akimbo weapons you wouldn’t think otherwise since this is the setback for them to their single variants: higher mag, faster fire rate, slower reload, increased recoil. And I was comparing it to the Vasto Prime to witness the differences.

And then I tried out the regular AkVasto and noticed that with steady fire, there was no recoil at all. So, why does the AkVasto Prime have recoil, but the regular AkVasto doesn’t? This doesn’t make any sense.

I’ve tested all three weapons with an unmodded loadout. I would like others that have the appropriate weapons (including the regular Vasto if necessary) to share their thoughts about this. This is just weird if you ask me.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Try shooting a 38 Magnum holding it with just one hand then with two and tell me how it went?

The argument isn't that the kick should not be present, the argument is that the kick is inconsistent with the non prime variant of the weapon

• Like 8

this thing called balance.  As it stands, akvasto prime has:

• higher fire rate
  • double the magazine
  • same stats across the board

In exchange for:

• 40% longer reload

There needs to be some balancing factor, but I agree that the recoil could be a bit lower

22 minutes ago, Dabnician said:

The argument isn't that the kick should not be present, the argument is that the kick is inconsistent with the non prime variant of the weapon

Exactly.

@BiancaRoughfin, it’s fine that you would like to bring real-life physics to explain your argument, but space ninjas, space magic, and space athleticism.

edit: Thank you moderator, for the topic merge/relocation.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23
Removal for mod request in the post, further post edits.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Try shooting a 38 Magnum holding it with just one hand then with two and tell me how it went?

Looks like someone didn’t actually read the aurgument. 

I agree, if there is no noticeable recoil on akvasto, the. It would be weird for there to be recoil on its prime variant.

• Like 1

I'm surprised they gave it recoil since the Vastos are typically supposed to be fired in rapid succession.

I'm assuming by recoil we specifically mean muzzle climb.

If they meant to give the AKVasto recoil I hope they also added (or consider adding) an ancillary effect of some sort.

Would love to see something like Multiple crits/headshots in X/time puts you in Mesa's old #4 stance for firing and turning the weapon into something conditionally stance based....Then something sensible comes from the addition of the recoil headache. 

• Like 3

From my tests, I would list the vasto variant's recoils from worst to best being 

Vasto

Akvasto prime 

Vasto prime

Akvasto

I can't easily decide between the vasto and akvasto prime being the worst since the vasto has more recoil than the akvasto prime, but the akvasto prime takes a lot longer to re-center after firing.

On 2018-11-14 at 6:03 PM, Thural said:

this thing called balance.  As it stands, akvasto prime has:

• higher fire rate
  • double the magazine
  • same stats across the board

In exchange for:

• 40% longer reload

There needs to be some balancing factor, but I agree that the recoil could be a bit lower

This logic doesn´t add up.

"hey, people really like the akvasto, let´s make an upgraded version of it, but only we will make it worse to use. That will really make people excited about it"

Reasons we like the regular akvasto basically are:

1- Usability. The weapon is accurate and you can unload twin six-shooters in seconds, cowboy-style.

2- Graphics. The akvasto is SEXY. The gun model and animations (especially the reloading animation) are superb.

So, the Prime version was an easy one to do, just bump up the damage, so we could use it without feeling guilty.

But instead we ended up with a lower quality weapon graphic wise (subjective, I know, but my opinion anyway) and usability wise, because of the ridiculous recoil.

Yes, they bumped up the damage, but the weapon can´t be used in the same way you can use the regular Akvasto.

Sure, you can plug in Steady Hands, but then you lose damage and kinda negates the "upgrade".

I sure hope DE patch this. As it is, I´m gonna keep either using the regular Akvastos or spring for the Aklex Prime.

• Like 1

The Vasto Prime had very substantial recoil when introduced. It kept that heavy recoil up until the recent weapon rebalance. 

So we get the Akvasto Prime and (wonders!) it has the old-skool heavy recoil of the original VastoP. 

Yes, it's a problem. Yes, it's why the VastoP was always an also-ran (it's quite good now, but no one cares since it hit the vault years before the revamp). Heavy recoil on what is essentially a semi-automatic weapon makes that weapon less than desirable. It totally negates the advantage of the higher fire rate. It also flies in the face of the base weapons being very easy to use well. 

Hopefully it gets adjusted just like the VastoP. 

• Like 2

On 2018-11-14 at 1:59 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Don't forget the fact that we are controlling technocyte warmachines that are further enhanced by military-grade cybernetics. Yup. Totally comparable to a frail human with skinny-ass wrists.

I do'nt care much about recoil since Akvasto has way more important issues. It's basically a huge downgrade from its Vasto counterpart. Offensively Akvasto is worthless, no one needs that much fire rate speed on a semi auto weapon, more ammo isn't interesting when the weapon has already short reload speed anyway. Nothing makes this weapon worth being used at the moment, Vasto is better and the funniest part, it has better Riven disposition too.

If stats aren't improved then add a secondary fire such as a burst option to increase its dps cause fast semi auto weapons are a pain to use - my fingers are suffering too. ^ ^

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

it is, the Akvbasto Prime is an insult to the fans. 

An insult? You're being nice. They had ONE job, and they somehow managed to screw it up in a beautiful way. The only thing they had to do is adding a bit more firepower ( damage ) and THAT WAS IT. even with 10 point of additional damage compared to the regular akvasto would have made people happy ( because dual golden revolvers ) and I don't even know why they thought it was a good idea.

Everyone need to make sure to bump as many Akvasto Prime thread as possible. DE can't go away with it. Mesa Prime is coming soon. She's THE revolver frame. If they don't fix this with the release of Mesa, they won't ever do it.

• Like 1

I think it needs attention, and there should be a point where the weapon excels, there should be a point to using each one. 

There is no AkMagnus Prime yet, but I will be very interested in comparing AkLex, AkVasto, AkJagara and AkMagnus and see each one have a point and purpose carved out in their stats.