Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lore Behind Thunderbolt.

Rettycombine

Thunderbolt causes your arrows to explode, but it does not say how, so i came up with this snippet.

"Arrows are filled with small amounts of detonite, making for a effective explosive weapon, but arrows often wont have enough impact energy to explode the detonite, and if more detonite was added, it could be dangerous for the user"

Thunderbolt causes your arrows to explode, but it does not say how, so i came up with this snippet.

"Arrows are filled with small amounts of detonite, making for a effective explosive weapon, but arrows often wont have enough impact energy to explode the detonite, and if more detonite was added, it could be dangerous for the user"

Care to explain the chance at the explosion then?

Real Lore
"The company known as Digital Extreme decided to have some sort of explosive on a silent weapon. It was too fun and useful and got nerfed, and when an actual silent rocket launcher later came out, Thunderbolt was never brought up.

Some say it's random fire shots are just to piss off the user. The one arrow you shoot up close will explode, in a way it's the spirit of the older version of Thunderbolt telling you to go to the forums and whine constantly, so one day, it too may be the enjoyable mod it once was.

So, tell me, has Thunderbolt killed you lately?"

Real Lore

"The company known as Digital Extreme decided to have some sort of explosive on a silent weapon. It was too fun and useful and got nerfed, and when an actual silent rocket launcher later came out, Thunderbolt was never brought up.

Some say it's random fire shots are just to &!$$ off the user. The one arrow you shoot up close will explode, in a way it's the spirit of the older version of Thunderbolt telling you to go to the forums and whine constantly, so one day, it too may be the enjoyable mod it once was.

Thundebolt was "re-buffed" after the last update...

One does not simply attempt to apply logic to a game where humanoid beings in super suits run around killing deformed human descendants and mass infected aliens in outer space with guns and swords while being unaffected by some of the basic physics that govern our world.

Edited by Anatolius

Real Lore

Some say it's random fire shots are just to &!$$ off the user. The one arrow you shoot up close will explode, in a way it's the spirit of the older version of Thunderbolt telling you to go to the forums and whine constantly, so one day, it too may be the enjoyable mod it once was.

The only solution is to remove the Ogris silent effect and then double its damage.

Care to explain the chance at the explosion then?

Detonite explosion set off by the impact - however often enough the impact wont set off the charge. 

He actually said that pretty directly. He even justifies why they don't just use larger charges 'Would be too risky for the wielder'

Detonite explosion set off by the impact - however often enough the impact wont set off the charge. 

He actually said that pretty directly. He even justifies why they don't just use larger charges 'Would be too risky for the wielder'

Okay, okay, got off on the wrong foot. I need more clarification:

1) Filling the arrows with detonite - Fine, but where? The arrow heads? The shaft?

2) Impact energy - I find this hard to suspend my disbelief, given how bows can easily go make enemies fly off into the distance and/or pin them to walls. However, I guess it could be possible with low explosives. Even then, all of these explosives have an "energy activation barrier", which means you'd have to talk about how strong the Tenno are and their consistency of shot strength. Any way to connect this all together?

EDIT: Do not say anything about non-critical vs. critical shots. Thunderbolt explosions can still occur with or without such variables.

Edited by ChaoticVice777