Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building a Gaze Kitgun?

CriticalFumble

Question

I got a Riven for it and that made me decide I should go ahead and start building one.  

My primary concern is which grip to use on it.  They have different damage values and reach for the Gaze, so I'm not sure which ones are good ideas.  The Haymaker deals 20 base damage, and the Gibber does 16, with the other two in the middle.  Obviously the higher damage one will be notiably quicker at killing things, but the range on these things is unlisted, so I have no idea if they'll be cripplingly short ranged.  

I could slap Ruinous Extension on it, but again I'm not sure of the trade-off there (and some dude on the wiki said that he couldn't put it on a Gaze Kitgun).  

5 answers to this question

Wiki says

• When paired with the Haymaker grip, the range of the beam is 22 m.
  • When paired with the Lovetap grip, the range of the beam is 25 m.
  • When paired with the Ramble grip, the range of the beam is 38 m.
  • When paired with the Gibber grip, the range of the beam is 41 m.
  • Like 3

remember, amprex has 18m range which is horrendously bad. you have to up in their faces to even reach.

ignis wraith and synapse both have 29m and its perfect range. it can usually hit and kill anything as soon as you see them before they can react and shoot back thanks to the range advantage.

quanta vandal has 50m range,i think, and its completely overkill, dont need that much range on beam since ur not really gonna see that far when aiming down the sights and that thin beam anyway.

for gaze, i would go with lovetap, its 24m range according to wiki so its 6m more than amprex and 5m less than ignis wraith. would really like it if there was a grip that had 30m but theres not and 37m from ramble just seems overkill and you drop even more dmg of the already low base dmg

even with haymaker, its just 20 base dmg, so low, considering ignis wraith, amprex, quanta vandal and all of those all have like 35 base dmg

• Like 3