Archwing in Orb Vallis

Hellnar_Doombringer

Removing archwing from POE and OV would heavily remove efficient ways of transport and farming. The KDrive is there for the "cool" factor and when you're going around for fun. The archwing is for when you just want to hit that standing cap and get off. Some people hate the K Drive, and archwing might be the "cool" thing they want as well. If even after we have all of the top tier KDrive mods for speed on KDrives are signifigantly slower than archwing, then it's not archwings that need to be removed or nerfed, but KDrives that need to be buffed, but personally I would wait until we have access to the movement speed based KDrive mods to make judgement as to whether KDrives are too slow yet.

Hmmm no. Archwings most popular instance atm is skywing in the big maps.  Removing it would change nothing instead of making bounties take more time. The same goes for free roam.  If for some reason i need to check out the corner the further Away from me, Ill Jump into the wings.  

Kdrives are cool for short Distance, but for stuff over 1 km i want my Blink itzal. In bounties, i want to Play bounties not Drive from a to b Simulator and in free roam it should be my Choice anyway how fast i want to go. 

44 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Tbh I never understood the point in boards. They are in any way possible worse version of archwing, and I gues should be used just to look cool.

Why remove more efficient fast traverse method in favor of less efficient one though?

I think that is what we are all trying to figure out. Why not make the K-drive better instead of making the archwing worse? Please revert the changes DE

that is the most horrible suggestion i've ever seen.

"please kill archwing so i can avoid feeling guilty when slowing down my entire team because i want to have fun on an objectively worst and slower way of transport" . get an archwing, and do bounty efficiently. or talk with your team to agree on K drive only.

Lets turn that the other way around... shall we?

Can we just use the Archwing only in the OV ? They are cool and all but it feels a bit sad when your teammates are slowing you and still have to go +600 meter before arriving to the objective.

I think removing K-Drive from the POE and OV would be cool.

that is your reasoning, OP. the difference here is that Archwing is more efficient than K drive, so you just want to make all bounties less quick and easy to travel between each stage. gg.

do you also want to forbid the use of the Operator in bounties on PoE and Orb Vallis ? you probably don't know, but once you get your focus three in the good nodes, your operator void dash is even faster than an archwing. you want that to be restricted, too, so you can have fun with your K-drive?

( If this was a bait, then i've totally swallowed it, and the whole rode with it. )

Edited by mikakor

27 minutes ago, mikakor said:

that is the most horrible suggestion i've ever seen.

"please kill archwing so i can avoid feeling guilty when slowing down my entire team because i want to have fun on an objectively worst and slower way of transport" . get an archwing, and do bounty efficiently. or talk with your team to agree on K drive only."

Lets turn that the other way around... shall we?

Can we just use the Archwing only in the OV ? They are cool and all but it feels a bit sad when your teammates are slowing you and still have to go +600 meter before arriving to the objective.

I think removing K-Drive from the POE and OV would be cool.

that is your reasoning, OP. the difference here is that Archwing is more efficient than K drive, so you just want to make all bounties less quick and easy to travel between each stage. gg.

do you also want to forbid the use of the Operator in bounties on PoE and Orb Vallis ? you probably don't know, but once you get your focus three in the good nodes, your operator void dash is even faster than an archwing. you want that to be restricted, too, so you can have fun with your K-drive?

( If this was a bait, then i've totally swallowed it, and the whole rode with it. )

This.

Please stop asking DE to ruin things we already enjoy for the sake of something that: 

1- not everyone likes and / or uses.

2- is a new feature and will probably be improved as the game progresses

3- is less efficient than the archwing

If you ask for a k-drive buff, I´m with you.

But to ask for a nerf on the archwing is just plain dumb.

DE already ruined the archwing experience when they nerfed boost by a whopping 80% AND removed one of the most fun things to do on your arching: roll.

We´re still pleading, BEGGING for DE to revert these changes. Archwing was fun before. Now, it´s just... meh.

Unfortunately Archwing was supposed to be massively nerfed or entirely removed from Vallis on release, seems DE changed their mind or forgot to do so. And because they didn't go in this direction they'll now never be able to fix this properly without some over-inflated backlash.

But yeah as it stands there is no reason to ever use Drives in pubs if even one person is using an Archwing.

3 hours ago, trst said:

Unfortunately Archwing was supposed to be massively nerfed or entirely removed from Vallis on release, seems DE changed their mind or forgot to do so

Source? Because I've never heard about that. Someone else did? 

As much as I love the K-Drive, it is no where near as fast as the archwing and getting rid of the archwing, as opposed to buffing the K-Drive, is absolutely idiotic. Archwing is fast, let's you not have to "navigate", whereas with the K-Drive I have to reroute myself occasionally to make sure I don't crash into the side of a mountain. It's great when I have to go short distances, such as to a conservation point nearby, but going from the Temple of Grofit to Fortuna? Archwing. All the way.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb mikakor:

Source? Because I've never heard about that. Someone else did? 

Oof. Not a Perfect Source, But i remember them saying something about Storms / Blizzard in the Vallid that made Wings hard or not to use at all (i suppose like the borders, but everywhere). However it could pretty much be every Devstream or Prime Time since tennocon, so i guess thats not a useful bit of info to you

Uhhh no. I use K-Drive in OV. It's not cool to take away things from other though. If they want to use Archwing, let them. 

If they start the mission without me, so be it. That's not my concern. I'll get there eventually. Play how you want and let others play how they want. Don't be a control freak.

Edited by Erytroxylin