Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lag prevents mission rewards from being given to you?

Porozil

So I just did a 20min Derelict Survival with a random group of people,trying to get Octavia Neuroptics bp. From the moment it started, I noticed I was lagging, for example the clock does not change, it just stayed at 0:00 after the alarm is triggered, and the life support also didn't change. Through out the mission, the timer and life support changes every few minutes and then it freezes again. When I picked up loot, it would not show that I collected it until a minute or so later. I also couldn't activate the life support capsules, I spammed "X" but it didn't appear to be activating it, it didn't help that I literally couldn't tell how much life support we had left since it was frozen. My group said that they are not experiencing these problems, so I assumed I just had bad ping. But I noticed my ping was a steady 120.

Despite not showing any sign of high ping, these issues wouldn't go away. After hitting the Rotations times, it would take a few minutes later for the reward to be shown on my screen. I still played on, because my team said they would carry me to 20min, and as long as I got the rotation rewards, I saw no point in leaving. But as the mission reached the 20 minute mark, where the Octavia neuroptics drops, my team typed that they got it and are heading towards extraction. But on my screen it didn't show any popup or indication that I received it. So I headed towards extraction but failed to do so because the doors wouldn't open, (this has happened multiple times for me in other missions.) So I waited for the extraction countdown to hit zero, but a second before I extracted, the popup saying I got the Octavia Neuroptics appeared, but it does not show that I got it as a mission reward. When i got back to my orbiter, I checked to see if I had in my inventory, but it was no where to be found. I even searched for it in my foundry, but had no luck. I tried re logging and it still didn't show. Afterwards, i was super pissed that this happened, and so that's how I ended up writing this.

So, has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Is this an actual bug? And should I have left before earlier?

I don't know for sure, but it seems like the displayed ping is only related to your connection with WF server, not with the host, i.e. even if you're sitting right next to said server but the host of the game lives on the Moon and/or has a connection speed of mailman on a bicycle then you'll have close to 0 ping but still tons of lag. The best solution for this is to quit and join another game.