This game needs a vote kick function

ItsAThing

If you want to fish, its more time-efficient to do so in a bounty mission as you get the rewards from the bounty AND you get fish

If you want to get a specific prime part, but you dont actually have the relic for that prime part, its much more efficient to just hop fissures runs until you get someone running the relic of the part you want. Essentially transmuting the relic you don't want, to a relic that you actually want.

If you want to level up your weapons and farm MR, it is much more efficient to go afk and let other people kill all the mobs, because of the way affinity works.
(25% exp to warframe and 75% to weapons if allies kill enemies, vs 50% exp to warframe and 50% to weapons if you kill enemies yourself.)

Also, DE really needs to add a vote kick function in this game.

Edit: The title of this thread was actually "This game rewards players who are jerks" and above were the reasons i stated which supports that claim. However, a mod renamed the title to be "This game needs a vote kick function", which only a part of my argument.

Edited by ItsAThing

There's an AFK timer that will prevent you from obtaining ANYTHING after a few mins of AFK.

Vote kick will be abused, go play warface for a bit to see.. err.. experience how..

That relic example really is a bit stretching it IMHO. Going in with Randoms to maybe get an item you want is about as silly as it gets. There's no gain here.

Find someone wasting time fishing on a bounty? Start the missions and when there's one with a timer, go and stand next to them and shoot the water. Fail the mission and fail his fishing.. Or start the mission and abort. Or get the threat level to 4 in his fishing area. 

Someone once told me that when you go do a mission with randos, go in there with the notion that you have to do it yourself. Then every silly thing a random does is more a SMH moment then an OMGWTF moment. It really helps in dealing with this stuff.

Humans are humans, no matter where you put them, and a part of humanity is opportunistic as hell. Can't be helped..

1. should have an afk timer or stop the use of mining tools or fishing tools during bountys.
2. leaver punishments system. say if you leave 5 missions you get a sit down timer for 10 minutes
3. tbh... this one a lot of people don't care about cause the leveling system in general is stupid. also stops people from getting mad when someone else plays saryn and kills everything as they spawn

14 minutes ago, ComCray said:

There's an AFK timer that will prevent you from obtaining ANYTHING after a few mins of AFK.

Really? pretty sure u still get EXP, even though u dont get anything else, which is pretty much the primary goal of ppl going afk anyways.

Edited by ItsAThing

9 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

3. tbh... this one a lot of people don't care about cause the leveling system in general is stupid. also stops people from getting mad when someone else plays saryn and kills everything as they spawn

it really should be other way around, where its 50/50 if other players kill an enemy and 25/75 if you kill enemy yourself. People spend more time leveling up weapons for MR than warframe.

Encourages players to actually run around killing Stuff

Edited by ItsAThing

1 minute ago, stormy505 said:

2. leaver punishments system. say if you leave 5 missions you get a sit down timer for 10 minutes

Please no.. there's a S#&$ton of missions I leave when a certain frame or frame/weapon shows up. I more often leave out of desperation then malice. 

Like, say, a saryn prime in low level defense missions. I prefer to kill my own enemies.. Or Exalted Blade jockeys, they hurt my sensibilities (big Excalibur fan, hate exalted). But I don't begrudge anyone who wants to play as either saryn or exalted-jockey, so *I'M* the one choosing not to play with them. 

I shouldn't be punished for that...

Oh, but, Sorry to anyone I send into "host migration" limbo with that. OTOH, if you ARE that Saryn.. that is pretty much how playing with you feels...

1- you might get reported 

2- it's not efficient, it's bad RNG. good RNG would be to actually farm the relic, join a dedicated squad for that relic and get x4 chances at the part you want

3- you will get reported 

you can be an A****** all you want, but it won't get you far in this game 

6 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

2- it's not efficient, it's bad RNG. good RNG would be to actually farm the relic, join a dedicated squad for that relic and get x4 chances at the part you want

I mean, you can do the fissure hopping until a relic drops that has the part you want so that u can do dedicated squad. Its far more efficient. Also, theres no guarentee that you can find a dedicated squad in the first place

Edited by ItsAThing

My current favorite activity is to join a Fortuna 4 man bounty that has excavators stage then announce i'm going fishing, oh god the tears and insults just kept coming.

Just kidding, stop glaring at me like that Senpai.

In all seriousness, DE needs to fix that particular bounty as most others can be easily solo'ed (capturing crates in a cave is also fked up imo)

Just now, SaltyKelong said:

My current favorite activity is to join a Fortuna 4 man bounty that has excavators stage then announce i'm going fishing, oh god the tears and insults just kept coming.

Just kidding, stop glaring at me like that Senpai.

In all seriousness, DE needs to fix that particular bounty as most others can be easily solo'ed (capturing crates in a cave is also fked up imo)

Yeah how are those crates dropping there?

1) Get simulacrum key

2) Gear up and mod warframes & weapons to trivialize level 100 enemies

3) Solo any mission you want.

And no, the most efficient way to level a weapon is not to afk in missions
and leeching on the 75%, it takes longer than going into exterminate mission with Ivara and stealth kill
which you can level 0 - 24 with one run without a booster.

so as already said by many, a vote kick system will be abused if implemented.

i do, however, believe the players not participating in bounties is a problem that needs a solution other than the current AFK kick system. here are a few:

1. for kdrives, disable Vent Kids affinity while a bounty is active.

2. disable drills, tranquilizers, and fishing spears while a bounty is active. or, remove ore veins and fish while a bounty is active.

3. consistently spawn enemies near players who are not within bounty's area while a bounty is active.

4. limit the number of resources dropped and the number containers spawned outside of bounty areas.

59 minutes ago, MysticDragonMage said:

so as already said by many, a vote kick system will be abused if implemented.

i do, however, believe the players not participating in bounties is a problem that needs a solution other than the current AFK kick system. here are a few:

1. for kdrives, disable Vent Kids affinity while a bounty is active.

2. disable drills, tranquilizers, and fishing spears while a bounty is active. or, remove ore veins and fish while a bounty is active.

3. consistently spawn enemies near players who are not within bounty's area while a bounty is active.

4. limit the number of resources dropped and the number containers spawned outside of bounty areas.

This sounds good

erasing the presence of fishes and resources during active bounty until 
the mission is over.

5 hours ago, ItsAThing said:

DE really needs to add a vote kick function in this game.

no, people just need to stop expecting public games to be 100% reliable. ANY vote Kick system can be abused and that's why DE have never and will never implement one. yes, it sucks when people leech, but there are ways to put them off. solo mode and recruit chat are your friends, and if you insist on Public, hope for the best while preparing for the worst.

4 hours ago, ComCray said:

go play warface for a bit to see.. err.. experience how..

heh, not just me that plays both then. I'd be playing that solo as well if it were an option (fingers crossed)

After years of Left 4 Dead all I can see is it will be abused, misused, and made a tool for elitist players who don't like squad compositions and the such...If anything De should create a shared resource pool for the team as a whole when those guys who run off because they saw a blue crystal or want to fish do so...nobody would complain if they are netting you rare gems and fish...now for the guys just standing there doing nothing...you can leave squad and rematch....I just wish De would place a bounty agent on the plains so rematching was easier than having to go through the twilight zone tunnel...