Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This game needs a vote kick function

ItsAThing

13 hours ago, ItsAThing said:

If you want to fish, its more time-efficient to do so in a bounty mission as you get the rewards from the bounty AND you get fish

If you want to get a specific prime part, but you dont actually have the relic for that prime part, its much more efficient to just hop fissures runs until you get someone running the relic of the part you want. Essentially transmuting the relic you don't want, to a relic that you actually want.

If you want to level up your weapons and farm MR, it is much more efficient to go afk and let other people kill all the mobs, because of the way affinity works.
(25% exp to warframe and 75% to weapons if allies kill enemies, vs 50% exp to warframe and 50% to weapons if you kill enemies yourself.)

Also, DE really needs to add a vote kick function in this game.

NO!! Your pathetic.....go back to destiny.....you're the type of player that is ruining warframe.....we defintely don't need ur type here!!!!!!

2 hours ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

NO!! Your pathetic.....go back to destiny.....you're the type of player that is ruining warframe.....we defintely don't need ur type here!!!!!!

I think they were showing off what players do with how their title is stated as the reason they want a "votekick" in-game

They themselves don't do it (i hope) and they were just trying to prove along what they were expressing.

I'm sorry I did not realize people don't want me joining fissures with any old relic. Since this is a problem per the OP what is the "approved" relics I'm supposed to use in fissures. Could you elaborate? How do I know there isn't something in my relic other people might want? Look I feel bad joining pub missions as it is as I'm always worried I may not be playing way others want me but now I have to worry about which relics I bring too now? Why is it every game i play its frowned upon in general to join random parties. I get the impression by people that if I don't have friends to play with I shouldn't play the game period. Please elaborate.

16 hours ago, MysticDragonMage said:

so as already said by many, a vote kick system will be abused if implemented.

i do, however, believe the players not participating in bounties is a problem that needs a solution other than the current AFK kick system. here are a few:

1. for kdrives, disable Vent Kids affinity while a bounty is active.

2. disable drills, tranquilizers, and fishing spears while a bounty is active. or, remove ore veins and fish while a bounty is active.

3. consistently spawn enemies near players who are not within bounty's area while a bounty is active.

4. limit the number of resources dropped and the number containers spawned outside of bounty areas.

+1 for these suggestions. I'm not a programmer or anything like that, but I think they would be easy to implement and would not have a negative affect on the mission/bounty. 

If Bounty Active = Y, Fishing, Mining, Hunting, K-Drive = 0.

They could also add some kind of penalty if someone repeatedly fails to be in the area around each bounty stage.

Miss one stage, no penalty. Any subsequent stages missed results in no reward for that stage.

Maybe set the radius for each bounty area to 300m. Something easy enough for slower players to get in to, but not so big that someone can just stand in the middle of the map and be close enough to all of the bounty stages. 

This would solve both Fortuna and POE leaching issues. 

16 hours ago, MysticDragonMage said:

so as already said by many, a vote kick system will be abused if implemented.

i do, however, believe the players not participating in bounties is a problem that needs a solution other than the current AFK kick system. here are a few:

1. for kdrives, disable Vent Kids affinity while a bounty is active.

2. disable drills, tranquilizers, and fishing spears while a bounty is active. or, remove ore veins and fish while a bounty is active.

3. consistently spawn enemies near players who are not within bounty's area while a bounty is active.

4. limit the number of resources dropped and the number containers spawned outside of bounty areas.

double post

Edited by trevormax

3 hours ago, trevormax said:

+1 for these suggestions. I'm not a programmer or anything like that, but I think they would be easy to implement and would not have a negative affect on the mission/bounty. 

If Bounty Active = Y, Fishing, Mining, Hunting, K-Drive = 0.

They could also add some kind of penalty if someone repeatedly fails to be in the area around each bounty stage.

Miss one stage, no penalty. Any subsequent stages missed results in no reward for that stage.

Maybe set the radius for each bounty area to 300m. Something easy enough for slower players to get in to, but not so big that someone can just stand in the middle of the map and be close enough to all of the bounty stages. 

This would solve both Fortuna and POE leaching issues. 

at first i thought of these suggestions you've brought up and consider adding them to the list, but here's the problem.

even if the game were to punish players for not being within the bounty area, resulting in no reward, that does not stop players from passing by the area and thus giveng them the reward anyway even when they leave. or, say that they would not get the reward if they are not within the area once the bounty is complete, but that does not stop player from entering the bounty area just before it is finished to get the reward. along with this, you would also get the average player complaining that they had accidentally drifted outside of the bounty area just before it finished, thus giving them no reward.

my four suggestions gives them the bounty reward anyway, but not the optimum reward for participating in the bounty and basically forcing them to participate by spawning enemies near their area while giving them no opportunity to multitask by removing ore and fish.

Edited by MysticDragonMage

a kick button would be great, i can't count on how many time a mr 5 or 6 came into a gold index and just do nothing. You ask nicely for him to leave, because you want to play with usefull player or your friends but he dosn't want to.

Like why do we have to all leave a squad to create another one, when you could kick someone with a vote system.

No need to have a kick system in a mission, but when you are in your spaceship, you should be able to kick someone.

Sorry for the broken english

Edited by gabriouchka

On 2018-11-15 at 5:15 AM, ItsAThing said:

If you want to fish, its more time-efficient to do so in a bounty mission as you get the rewards from the bounty AND you get fish

If you want to get a specific prime part, but you dont actually have the relic for that prime part, its much more efficient to just hop fissures runs until you get someone running the relic of the part you want. Essentially transmuting the relic you don't want, to a relic that you actually want.

If you want to level up your weapons and farm MR, it is much more efficient to go afk and let other people kill all the mobs, because of the way affinity works.
(25% exp to warframe and 75% to weapons if allies kill enemies, vs 50% exp to warframe and 50% to weapons if you kill enemies yourself.)

This will never happen have a nice ragequit 🤣

Nah too many people abuse it and alot of times for no good reason.  Kicking people on any game after everything is done and not letting them get their loot should be a permaban.  That's just one example.  This game has too many frame and weapon options to leave those decisions in a players hand.  

On 2018-11-15 at 6:15 AM, ItsAThing said:

AND you get reported for it and sit a week in ban

On 2018-11-15 at 6:15 AM, ItsAThing said:

If you want to get a specific prime part, but you dont actually have the relic for that prime part, its much more efficient to just hop fissures runs until you get someone running the relic of the part you want.

Explain me, what's wrong with it?

Op is raising two important issues I think:

- The game lacks way to prevent leechers. Affinity distribution encourage leechers in the ESO to level up stuff, bounties are filled with people who leech. I don't really agree with the bounty one, or at least it's not nearly as bad as bounties and ESO.

- We need a way to get rid of afk/leechers in our games.

I always see people coming up with "vote kick can be abused" everytime the topic shows up, and I don't agree with that. I have been playing multiplayer games for 15 years, FPS, ARPG, MMO, MOBA, either Co-op or PvP, you name it. I'm playing a lot in general, I could name dozens of game where I had multiple hundred of hours of play time. I think I've been kicked once by trolls during that time. Vote kick is not abused nearly as much as some people make it out to be on forums.

First of all, if you need all players except the one being kicked from voting yes, it already seriously limit what you can do with it. You're basically thinking about 3 players playing together and kicking some poor dude because they can. Can it happen in theory ? Yes absolutely, does it happen on a regular basis in practice ? No, not even close.

You can also add other simple safeguard to prevent abuses. Like prevent kicks when the objective is complete, and have the kick simply put the guy in a solo session. You would be kicked from the group but sent to a solo session where you keep progress. The whole "trolls kicking you just before mission end so you lose rewards" is gone.

A few limitation on the vote kick make it a safe option, and a lot of you severely overestimate how many groups of trolls are out there. You're basically refusing to do something about the leechers we see every single day in bounties and ESO, to prevent some hypothetical troll that you could maybe encounter once in 1000h of game play.

I'll also add, Warframe community is much better than many other games, and the game is Co-op. Will people kick the Excalibur Umbra with his Braton showing up in Tridolon bounties ? Most likely, but that's pretty much the only scenario, and I'd say it's a good think.

What the game should do in open areas is to make it so that you have to be in approximity of the objectives X amount of time for the objective to count. So lets say that you have to spend 15-20% of the objective time at the objective itself for it to count. Of course this is nowhere near perfect hypothetical solution because it can be deceptive (should be a visible indicator or audio que clear enough to indicate reward timer) and it could still allow abuse of the system if there are nodes nearby albeit far less safely and effectively.

I do think DE needs to figure out how this abuse could be avoided, however as others have noted the vote-kick system has plenty of holes in it as well and is therefore not as reliable as one might hope it to be. But the problem is ever present, today my squad got a MR 24 leecher in our Fortuna bountry who selfishly mined while we played the objectives properly. Had there be some kind of proximity or timer requirement, it would reduce such instances significantly and transfer miners etc. to situation of free-roaming at nobodies expense. It would reduce, although not entirely solve, the instance of player-to-player abuse as well.

No I agree there should be some sort of kick function so that others who are leeching by letting you do all the work and they just collect the bounties rewards as well as fishing or mining which is why there is a free roam, so yeah some sort of way to prevent others from wasting the rest of the squad's time would be nice

I said this in the thread about leechers. And I agree we need this.
Tired of players who ruin rescues by nit going UNDER the platform and thru the tunnel to bypas getting seen. I do like getting bonuses
Tired of people who cant do spy missions without setting off alarms. I do like getting bonuses.
Like specters.
Hate it when Im at the end and some one hasnt even started moving or thinks that alerts and invasions are for opening every container when they are supposed to be done quickly so you can move on to the next thing. Dont get me wrong... when I select a mission outside of alerts and invasions, Im going to open everything. Especially in survival as the containers sometimes have the personal life  support modules. And Im not talking about newbies who get lost. I remember being new and getting frustrated that I couldnt keep up, make the long jump or even keep close enough to get any kills. Im talking about the AFKers and the treasure hunters who really dont seem to care about the objective.

I've considered failing missions so that they have to repeat it.

On 2018-11-15 at 8:45 AM, ItsAThing said:

Oh, I love mining and fishing during a Level 5 Bounty.

You know why? Because there are people who run around with max range Saryns and Mesas that kill everything in sight and I keep standing there like an useless guy trying to level up his Garuda and Akvasto Prime.

Open world in Warframe is the perfect answer to all those "Press 4 to clear the map while others just see numbers pop up on their screens" type of players.

Oh, you wanna kill everything? Very well, I am just gonna mine the minerals I need to build my stuff.

It isn't. No one in their sane mind does that to get a specific prime part. Also, if you have a problem with randoms running random relics, make a squad running the relic you want. Randoms running random relics is not the problem here, you being entitled enough to think it is not okay is the problem.

Again, no. More efficient way to level up is to run xp farm or stealth spy or stealth kill.

Also, DE really needs to add a vote kick function in this game

No, we don't need this. There are reasons why Warframe community is considered one of the friendliest. Not having a vote-kick option is one of those reasons.

On 2018-11-14 at 9:15 PM, ItsAThing said:

Edit: The title of this thread was actually "This game rewards players who are jerks" and above were the reasons i stated which supports that claim. However, a mod renamed the title to be "This game needs a vote kick function", which only a part of my argument.

More efficient for you. When you fish during the bounty, you are slacking on your end of the teamwork and wasting 3 other people's time. You want to fish, mine, gather stuff, then set your group mode to friends only or invite only and solo it. Or find other people who are into the farming as well. Dont waste everyone else's time.

See... you are only looking at YOUR time. Find people who are like minded and group with them. a Clan would be a good start. And if you are in a clan and cant find those people, then you're in the wrong clan.

On 2018-11-14 at 9:33 PM, ComCray said:

There's an AFK timer that will prevent you from obtaining ANYTHING after a few mins of AFK.

Vote kick will be abused, go play warface for a bit to see.. err.. experience how..

That relic example really is a bit stretching it IMHO. Going in with Randoms to maybe get an item you want is about as silly as it gets. There's no gain here.

Find someone wasting time fishing on a bounty? Start the missions and when there's one with a timer, go and stand next to them and shoot the water. Fail the mission and fail his fishing.. Or start the mission and abort. Or get the threat level to 4 in his fishing area. 

Someone once told me that when you go do a mission with randos, go in there with the notion that you have to do it yourself. Then every silly thing a random does is more a SMH moment then an OMGWTF moment. It really helps in dealing with this stuff.

Humans are humans, no matter where you put them, and a part of humanity is opportunistic as hell. Can't be helped..

If you can leave party without losing anything, then a vote to kick should do the same. timer the thing. If you make it thru 1 or 2 missions, vote to kick cant be implemented. That way, you arent wasting some one's time by getting to the last of 5 parts and voting to kick em. There's always a way. Dont down an idea because you think it could be abused. Figure a way it CAN work. Parroting failure means you'll fail. That's not how you get things done.

Edited by ThumpumGood
typo