Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for reusing parts

JorgeJoestar

Currently, both kitguns and zaws are locked in before gilding, which makes it less efficient to experiment with different configs. With the original system of being able to swap out parts on a built zaw/kitgun long scrapped, I have an idea that would give ungilded weapons a purpose while still keeping the grind at a similar level and still encourage trying different setups out. Add a new option to modular vendors to "sell" ungilded weapons/moas for a small-to-moderate standing fee in exchange for the parts used. This would still keep progression at a similar rate, and allow ungilded items to be used as a proper "test phase" before locking it in by gilding.

1 hour ago, JorgeJoestar said:

Add a new option to modular vendors to "sell" ungilded weapons/moas for a small-to-moderate standing fee in exchange for the parts used. This would still keep progression at a similar rate, and allow ungilded items to be used as a proper "test phase" before locking it in by gilding.

I believe this was suggested a while back for POE as well. I personally would love to have a truly modular weapon system where the vendors have a 'breakdown' fee. Only ungilded items would be able to be broken down, and only gilded items can be sold for standing is how I would do it.

I think that if you could actually play with the items like this, myself and many others would invest more into kitguns and zaws and moas. I can only speak for myself, but I preview them before figuring out which parts I want, build those parts and never touch them again after that because of the effort required. If I don't like it, Ill level it passively and never touch it again.

As it is right now, if we build something and dont like it, too bad so sad go farm for 3 more parts. Advertising a modular system should provide a modular system, the current setup is just a one and done grind.