Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna bait falling through water and spawining no fish.

Silver-Priest

This is a progress stopper since all cave fishing spots are currently buggy and catching the top tier fish without bait is quite problematic. Half of the caves eat luminous dye, and i tested the spot with dye before throwing the bait, so it is not even a reliable testing method to check before using it.

Single use bait for standing really should not be a thing. If it was a blueprint like on the plains i would just grind for more.

Edited by Silver-Priest

I get to fish Tromyzon without Tromyzon bait. They spawn when the weather just changed. I get 2 or 3. Same with Recaster fish, though the Recaster spawn about the same time with the Sapcaddy and the Tromyzons a bit later.

About the dye disappearing, it might be that you threw it on a shallow part, because i make the same error on PoE.

I have no complains that the baits cost standing, you get more than return of investment after fishing anyways.

The fish other than orokin drones like charamote and the tier 3 one, spawn without bait anyway, I think bait increases spawn rate of a specific one if you're farming it

The issue OP mentions is cave hotspots not spawning, fish get untargetable and baits and dye not working as intended. I never used bait other than charamote and got tons of other fish. Charamote bait doesn't work at hotspots, very rarely hotspots show the fish spawn but they are untargetable.

River and lake fishing doesn't have that problem, tromys are easy enough to get. You don't need bait nor dye just throw the spear and win. Maybe tromys aren't supposed to spawn without bait? Charamotes and the tier 3 orokin drones don't appear at all and places that spawn a cave hotspot can not be interacted with.

I've also had the issue where pharoma, bait, etc. falls through the ground when thrown. Happens only when thrown in too shallow of an area, so if I throw it further into deeper waters, it floats and works fine. It's most definitely a bug, though, so just be careful where you throw it for now until it's fixed.

if it's an issue of shallow water as in any place which can not spawn fish it doesn't fall through texture it acts the same way then vanishes when it's timer runs out

the problem is with hitboxes in caves as in you throw the bait and/or dye to the water and they fall through the texture, other issues related to this are fish spawn, you can see their model but you can't throw the spear at them (you can't see their blue bar and name on top) they are not interactable, along with cave hotspots being very rare and appearing in areas that can't spawn fish

Edited by Guest