How to help players

HeroicDrop33807

Question

Warframe has always been known for its community and service to the newer and less experienced players.

As part of the community,  I want to present a guide that will help out all players to help new players in the game. The first guide installed here is only focusing on a selection of topics, mainly two. The rest of the guides will be posted over a period of time

(Please forgive me for turning this post into a guide. I know I'm supposed to post a question but I think this guide might serve well for any players interested in helping newer players, apart from becoming a Guide of the Lotus)

Mind you that this guide is under constant correction due to the nature of a free-to-play game. If you have anything you wish to add in the sense of a comment, feel free to do so. 

Guide 1:

First impression is everything when it comes to meeting new players. It's your choice on your method of meeting newer players.

Typically people wear their best outfit and shiniest weapons with their golden dog jutting with spikes. Although it's a somewhat effective manner of presenting yourself as a veteran, it's very creepy for new players and it throws them off from developing a more interpersonal relationship.

A good method is to have a outfit that suits your personality.  A good idea is to wear something that also fairly rare such as a rift regalia or a rare syandanna. Even a rare armor set is good option. The reason for this is to make sure other new players can recognise you as a veteran.

My personal idea regarding recognisable rare items is to use orokin colours, specifically cyan/blue, white, gold, black(to hide any unwanted parts of a warframe or if you wish to change white with black) and sometimes a white with a hint of beige. This shows that you have learned a bit of the warframe lore, have played enough to earn/buy colour palettes and are resourceful enough to concoct your own orokin colour scheme. I understand that this will be a bit weird for those who have a very different colour scheme but by using this colour scheme,  you are presenting yourself with soft colours and are thus safe to be considered a helper. Additionally if all helpers are using this colour scheme when helping new players, it will become a norm for those to look for those colours when seeking assistance.

Of course, this will also come with many problems which I will try my best to resolve.

Firstly,  we already have the Guides of the Lotus, so why do we want another group of people using a different color scheme?

The guides are a great group of people but I heavily doubt that many new players will come to them when it's something stupid such as "where can I find gallium?". This is where I think the community can step in. There is region chat, yes, but sometimes these new players aren't just asking for silly thibgs like that. Sometimes they just want a friend that will explain things to them when they need it. They will need someone that will show them what to do and where to go. This is where I think these helpers can, well, help.

I may be stepping off a bit from the topic so let me just summarise a tactic we as the community can do if we want to help out new players:

1: wear signature outfits that suit your personality.

2:each outfit must contain the orokin colour scheme described earlier.

3: do what you normally do until you consider the new player is reafy for independence.

4: once the new player is happy, you may wear your normal outfit again.

Reason for the orokin-theme:

Consider it a community badge. You aren't a Guide, yes, but it serves the new players a favour if they can identify you easily.

Considering that you won't be a Guide, you won't be given a rank nor a name. Instead people will title you as a Helper.

If you guys enjoy the idea of this, feel free to try it out. I myself already do this whenever a new player asks for my assistance.

For me, it has proven to be a very effective method and I have managed to help many players reach independence. I'm not saying that you HAVE to use this method, I'm instead suggesting a more useful route of getting new player attention. Anyway thank you for reading my post and I wish you all an amazing day ^^

5 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, HeroicDrop33807 said:

Firstly,  we already have the Guides of the Lotus, so why do we want another group of people using a different color scheme?

We do? I've bee playing for ~250 days and never seen one, nor have I ever got answered questions 'any guides of Lotus around?'. So either they are rare or I'm unlucky. 

There should be voting system: Thumbs up for good answer and you get regial/fashion stuff and you lose it after a while unless thumbs keep on flowing. 

Fun fact: back when I was a noob, I never really selected the people who helped me to have an Orokin colour scheme.

Fun fact: for years I regularly helped fellow new players, be it in chat or in a mission, and no one has requested that I wear an Orokin colour scheme, nor been confused that I didn't.

I don't think helping new players has anything to do with how you look. I think it's more just about courtesy. Sometimes, when I'm paired up with a guy who I know is a vet, I know that I won't be getting many kills just because they will do everything for me. Kind of a kill joy, but hey, they're better than I am. 

That might be my only thing to complain about, let the new guy fight his battle and jump in when he needs help. If you have the patience for it anyways. 🤨

After reading this post, I smiled a little bit because I felt this is like, a guide (or tip) for preparation for a job interview : outfit, manner, behavior and skills to prove that you're worthy to get hired xD

Doesn't mean anything else though.

Edited by Diangelius
just fixed some words