Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akvasto prime has really aggressive recoil.

(PSN)sumfish63

I don't know why because the regular akvasto is pretty much a laser. I even ran a test between the vasto and the vasto prime and the vasto prime has like a third of the recoil that the regular vasto has. It seems to be the complete opposite for the akvasto and the akvasto prime. I think the worst thing about it's recoil though is how slow it takes to re-center. It takes like a solid half a second to re-center after firing one bullet. It's even worse when you fire it multiple times. Whenever I fire it like it's a pair of dual revolvers, I hover over the enemy's head and when I let the recoil settle, I do hardly any damage because I have pretty much no fire rate which the damage just doesn't back up. The akvasto prime reminds me of the Aklex prime in the fact that it has a lot of floaty recoil, but it seems like it was just toned down in it's damage and recoil and turn up in it fire rate. If any of you have ever tried to use the Aklex in that way, you know how bad it performs compared to any other secondary. If they really do want the akvasto prime to have really bad recoil, I'd at least want them to speed up it's re-centering speed so I can't just hover over the enemy's head while I'm trying to shoot it.

I am copying this post from one I did 2 days ago, but I'm doing cause I posted this in general discussions and I think it fits better here.

• Like 9

I made a topic with regards to the AkVasto Prime’s muzzle climb as well:

It’s quite honestly very weird that the AkVasto Prime has this feature and yet the regular AkVastos don’t. There’s barely any muzzle climb with the Vasto Prime as well. One can say that both the AkVastos and Vasto Prime are fairly accurate.

So DE, why do the AkVasto Prime have this weird climb when performing steady fire? This has to be an unintended oversight. This is the AkVasto Prime, not the AkLex Prime, let’s not make the former behave like the latter when the unprimed variant never had this issue to begin with.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, (PS4)sumfish63 said:

I don't know why because the regular akvasto is pretty much a laser. I even ran a test between the vasto and the vasto prime and the vasto prime has like a third of the recoil that the regular vasto has. It seems to be the complete opposite for the akvasto and the akvasto prime. I think the worst thing about it's recoil though is how slow it takes to re-center. It takes like a solid half a second to re-center after firing one bullet. It's even worse when you fire it multiple times. Whenever I fire it like it's a pair of dual revolvers, I hover over the enemy's head and when I let the recoil settle, I do hardly any damage because I have pretty much no fire rate which the damage just doesn't back up. The akvasto prime reminds me of the Aklex prime in the fact that it has a lot of floaty recoil, but it seems like it was just toned down in it's damage and recoil and turn up in it fire rate. If any of you have ever tried to use the Aklex in that way, you know how bad it performs compared to any other secondary. If they really do want the akvasto prime to have really bad recoil, I'd at least want them to speed up it's re-centering speed so I can't just hover over the enemy's head while I'm trying to shoot it.

I am copying this post from one I did 2 days ago, but I'm doing cause I posted this in general discussions and I think it fits better here.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I made a topic with regards to the AkVasto Prime’s muzzle climb as well:

It’s quite honestly very weird that the AkVasto Prime has this feature and yet the regular AkVastos don’t. There’s barely any muzzle climb with the Vasto Prime as well. One can say that both the AkVastos and Vasto Prime are fairly accurate.

So DE, why do the AkVasto Prime have this weird climb when performing steady fire? This has to be an unintended oversight. This is the AkVasto Prime, not the AkLex Prime, let’s not make the former behave like the latter when the unprimed variant never had this issue to begin with.

giphy.gif

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that out of all the Vasto pistols, AkVasto P is the only one with recoil like that.. I would like the recoil to be matched with the other Vasto pistols. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Achromatic. said:

Akvastos kick like the Aklex but without the damage to back it up. Very disappointing.

Yup, very disappointing indeed.

The Aklex Prime with Steady Hands have the same recoil and way more damage than the Akvasto Prime.

And a slightly bigger magazine size.

The Akvasto Prime should have the same recoil as the regular version, imo.

• Like 1

The regular Akvastos has some horizontal muzzle sway, but no climb whatsoever. In a sense, we should be expecting this behavior with the Prime variant but with maybe a slight bit more accuracy. However, the muzzle climb is very unorthodox for the Akvastos and even the Vastos family of firearms. 

DE, this needs to be patched asap. It’s just plain weird.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

The regular Akvastos has some horizontal muzzle sway, but no climb whatsoever. In a sense, we should be expecting this behavior with the Prime variant but with maybe a slight bit more accuracy. However, the muzzle climb is very unorthodox for the Akvastos and even the Vastos family of firearms. 

DE, this needs to be patched asap. It’s just plain weird.

I waited for so long for the Akvasto Prime, but this recoil makes the weapon a bit... meh.

Also the graphic model of the regular Akvasto is way better, IMO. So is the reload animation. But that´s just me.

and i bump again! ^^ i want to make it clear to DE. the community waited this weapon for so long, only to be killed by... this recoil. ho, and the answers... "you don't like the recoil ?? use steady hand" yeah, right... because people will certainly sacrifice damage for this... it is weaker than it's regular akvasto version, which isn't what Prime are supposed to be. that's such a buzkill from this weapon that was wanted so much, i really hope DE understand this and changes it, because it kinda ruins it.

I´ve always felt guilty for using the akvasto, since there are better weapons. But I just liked the "look and feel" of the gun.

DE had an easy job with this prime: just bump the stats, give it more dps so we could use it without feeling guilty and there you go, an awesome weapon.

Instead, they changed the look of the weapon, we don´t have that awesome reload animation anymore, AND they added that god awful recoil.

Bummer.

I had a nice riven for it, but it is unusable with the current recoil. +80% recoil. I'd be aiming at the ceiling with each shot.

I barely consider the guns usable without it just from how much of a hit their DPS takes from the base recoil.

Edited by (PS4)Cynicaid

2 hours ago, Batwing said:

Really demotivated from even farming for it after hearing this rather just use single vasto since I had a good riven for it.

I´d advise you to farm it. DE might fix the recoil.

At least that´s what I did. My Akvasto Prime is fully formaed, but I´m not using it at all.

I´m still using the regular Akvasto.

3 minutes ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

well, you´d better off with the Aklex Prime, then. 😃

And that's the point, the community wanted the akvasto Prime for so long, and they find a way to make people prefer the normal version. This just screams "issue" . An issue that needs to be corrected, and so we'll keep this thread bumped until DE notice us! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mikakor said:

And that's the point, the community wanted the akvasto Prime for so long, and they find a way to make people prefer the normal version. This just screams "issue" . An issue that needs to be corrected, and so we'll keep this thread bumped until DE notice us! 

This. After crafting it I can't even be bothered leveling it as I know how bad the recoil is compared to the vasto prime/akvasto. They really need to adjust it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lolmetimbers said:

This. After crafting it I can't even be bothered leveling it as I know how bad the recoil is compared to the vasto prime/akvasto. They really need to adjust it.

Exactly. The Akvasto Prime is basically the Vasto Prime... With more disadvantages. So it's not worth getting or using. This needs to be changed. The AKvasto Prime have a pretty good fore rate and pin point accuracy... But what's even the point of this with a recoil that high... You put this one a weapon that have a Slow rare of fire and that have a big punch. There is several guns that are even better than that, without recoil. Just look at the damn akstiletto.