K-Drive vs Archwing for moving around Fortuna

Dlor

I'm sure many of us have used both K-drives and Archwings to move around Fortuna, and from all the public missions I have seen, everyone uses Archwing to get around the maps.  The reason for this is that

A) Archwings are faster (haven't played since the new update so this may have changed)

B) You can shoot and use abilities on Archwings, and 

C) more importantly Archwings can go over mountains easily. 

The ease of travel that Archwings have when doing bounty missions on Fortuna make it so that players are much more likely to use them over K-drives.  The reason for this is that many of the bounty objectives are separated from each other by mountains so that traveling to the next objective is either a very long K-drive ride or a quick Archwing flight.  This is unfortunate as K-drives are an interesting and fun new concept.  My suggestion for this is that on the roads around Fortuna you have a boost system for K-drives on the ground.  While riding, if you travel over a boost node (think Mario cart) you would get an increased burst of speed temporarily.  This would allow players that have a decent riding capability (as you would need to keep hitting boosts) to speed up around Fortuna's map and make it so that they would be a more viable alternative to Archwing.  

5 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Basically you hit it on the head why I'll pick archwing (itzal) over k-drive... even now they've had the boost nerfed and have the stupid control changes which many of us didn't ask for or like.

They reverted that in a recent hot fix

Edited by ShadowExodus

I honestly don't see why people are griping about this in any way. K-drive is meant to be a fun way of getting around, it obviously will never be able to compete with archwing and it was never intended to. When it comes to getting to bounty areas, no matter what improvements you try to make to K-drives, flying will always be a faster mode of transportation simply because it's faster and makes having to navigate through orb vallis unneeded.  K-drives is there for your enjoyment and I don't see why people don't understand that simply because a better alternative for pubs is available.

Road boosts would be a lot of fun (and open more doors for racing, which we should totally be able to lay out and share our own courses for), but many of the mountains actually seem surprisingly passable to the k-drives.  They go up some decent inclines (especially boosting) and there are a lot of little paths you can use, in addition to jumping jutting rocks.  Sure, not everywhere and not as free as archwing, but often better than expected.

Even though Archwing is and always will be the objectively fastest way to get around on the map (being able to directly fly from Point A to Point B with no obstacles or land to get in your way will always result in the fastest time, this is simple fact) I do still find K-Driving the more fun of the two, even with all its faults.