Add fish lure blueprints

Xardis

For 10k standing or so, x10 bait blueprint that is reusable, just like it Cetus, I know you do not want the same problem as was there - baits require other fish parts to craft. I have another suggestion bait bp would require mining materials to craft, most things that require fish parts also require mining materials so it wouldnt hurt.

I haven't done any baited fishing for this reason alone. If there was bait bps, I would buy them immediately and actually enjoy the fishing. Standing is such a limited resource that I don't want to put it into a consumable. I don't get why they would make baits a consumable with how popular fishing in the plains was.

Edited by Linisti

2 hours ago, Linisti said:

I don't get why they would make baits a consumable with how popular fishing in the plains was.

Coz baits in Plains were interdependant on each other - crafting one lure required to get another fish and so on. I would imagine some people didnt like that.

Edited by Xardis

3 hours ago, Xardis said:

Coz baits in Plains were interdependant on each other - crafting one lure required to get another fish and so on. I would imagine some people didnt like that.

There was some complaining about how annoying it was to need fish to make bait and whatnot.. But at least you could spend some time fishing for those fish specifically and then have enough bait to last hours, days, weeks or longer.

Both ways have their benefits... I do much prefer the crafting method to the standing method though, and I would argue it is the superior method in terms of player access and "friendliness."

Standing has the advantage of not requiring the mats and the time to craft, but the downside of using an hard-capped limited resource.

Crafting has the advantage of not requiring a hard-capped limited resource with the downside of requiring a bit more time being put in to gather the mats and craft but could effectively be "unlimited" depending on how much time was put into it.

7 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

In the long run the current system will be arguably better as you'll not need your standing to buy anything else once you own what you need to, that way all your standing can be used and stored in the form of baits etc without it just going to waste

The current system is a forced demand. We had the reusable baits we needed from cetus, therefore there was nothing to spend the standing on. The current system is just a standing sink forcing you to use your standing (which is limited daily). It's not putting the the standing to use instead of it being wasted daily, its wasting your standing on an item that should be reusable. It's annoying having to buy consumable gear when we should really just be able to craft as much as we need without having to deal with a daily limit.

The problem with the current system is that these lures cost standing, and only come in packs of 1.  So the cost of getting 20 of them, like you do with the Cetus Blueprints, is a minimum of 1000 rep for the lowest grade of bait.  Either make the come in packs of 5, 10, or 20, or make them reusable blueprints.  Else they're simply way too expensive for how quickly you go through them.

At this point I don't really even bother to use bait.

10 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

In the long run the current system will be arguably better as you'll not need your standing to buy anything else once you own what you need to, that way all your standing can be used and stored in the form of baits etc without it just going to waste

Tentatively I agree, the problem is that baits currently are way overpriced.  A single use of bait ranges from 50 to 400 standing, that's grossly disproportionate expenses.  If that was the cost to get a pack of like 5 or 10 that'd be more acceptable, but they're just way too overpriced for the system to work.

Edited by ReshyShira

19 hours ago, ReshyShira said:

Tentatively I agree, the problem is that baits currently are way overpriced.  A single use of bait ranges from 50 to 400 standing, that's grossly disproportionate expenses.  If that was the cost to get a pack of like 5 or 10 that'd be more acceptable, but they're just way too overpriced for the system to work.

Agreed, while i understand the need for a resource sink... this is not the way to do it. Especially since warm weather lasts just long enough for 1.33 baits and I'm not sure it's effectiveness as I've refused to buy it. Maybe at max rank when I'm near cap I'll spend on bait if I need the bits from the fish, but fish as a way to get standing is not worth it right now if you use bait.