Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Ability Ideas

(XBOX)EchoPhilosophy

I've been thinking of ways to make Vauban's abilities more fun (as most of them are underwhelming) and came up with some cool changes.

Tesla: Starting off simple Tesla itself is fine functionally but it needs a buff.  First, increase its base damage to 750 at max rank and decrease the charge time to 0.5s with the goal being to make it more potent damage and efficiency wise. Just because he's a CC frame doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to do some form of damage with his abilities. (Tesla Link: Increase the slash damage from 250 to 1000 to compliment the Tesla damage increase.)

Minelayer: Next up, are Bounce, Shred, and Concuss. (Bounce - Remove its effect on players. As fun as it is it's not very efficient when you or someone else waste one of the charges. It's great for flinging enemies away from objectives though.) (Shred - Increase its base damage to 2000 at max rank and its base explosion radius to 10m with a 4m detection radius so enemies don't have to walk right on top of it to detonate it. I was also thinking to give it a chance to proc a puncture effect but that might be pushing it.) (Concuss - Change it from a radiation effect to a blind effect and increase the base explosion radius to 10m with a 4m detection radius. The goal being to make the mine actually do something because a radiation effect is useless against one enemy, especially deadly ones, a blind effect can save you in a pinch on the other hand.)

Bastille and Vortex are the ones I got a little more creative with. Most people say the two abilities are redundant (which they are) but I thought of a cool way to synergise them with each other and Tesla.

Bastille: If there is an active Tesla mine the radius of the ability the mines will link and all enemies in the Bastille (Whether or not they're in range of the Tesla) will be shocked for 100% of the mine's damage with a 50% chance to proc a shock effect. (Repelling Bastille: Enemies repelled while a Tesla is linked are also shocked.)

Vortex: If a Tesla or Bastille is thrown into the Vortex they will be consumed similar to the Perpetual Vortex augment. If a Tesla is consumed all enemies will be shocked for 100% of the mine's damage. If a Bastille is consumed the ability will acitvate as normal but all enemies trapped will be pulled towards the Vortex. If both mines are consumed the Bastille will shock enemies while they're being pulled in.

I know that all of this reaching real hard at the chance that DE will do this but it would make Vauban more interesting. Plus, there are other frames that CC just as well as him and can do plenty of damage Frost, Khora, and Nova to name a few. He doesn't need to do a TON of damage just enough, and a tactician could do damage with potent enough tools. So please DE at least test this whenever you have the time I don't want one of my favorite frames being something I only use once in a blue moon. As for anyone else that might read this tell me what you think.

Edited by (XB1)EchoPhilosophy