DE - Please Restore Sky Archwing Flight

Ascythian

12 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Still failed to understand why is there Archwing and Sky archwing

And what differences are between them ?

On Orb Vallis and POE, they changed the model whereas as before it was fun and easier to control, and you could do barrel rolls and loop the loops with a nice speed boost, now it feels like you are flying a bit of stiff cardboard aka the old archwing flight model.

Edited by Ascythian

8 minutes ago, Ascythian said:

On Orb Vallis and POE, they changed the model whereas as before it was fun and easier to control

I wasnt even aware there is Normal Archwing and Sky Archwing, so which one is normal ?? Underwater Sharkwing or ?? Quite a mess there

3 minutes ago, _DapperDanMan_ said:

Because you can't "loop ti loop" or half ass barrel-roll? 

I'm not defending it, just looking for some real substance in your complaint.

Its fun and felt more controllable. More suited to open world maps.

Might not be suited to space flight but then again archwing needs improvement in general. There is no reason why sky archwing couldn't have strafe controls too.

Archwing controls should be separated from Warframe controls, like frame fighter.

Edited by Ascythian

Do you have the Experimental Archwing Control turned on or off? If it's turned on, you should have full 360 movement, unless DE broke Archwing. I have it turned off and prefer the original Archwing control (since I use controller), so hearing that is how it works in PoE and Orb Vallus is good (for me).

Maybe I didn't notice it had changed, but that's a good thing because there was no reason i should be flying upside down, hovering, while on the PoE anyways. Try turning on the Experimental control, see if that fixes it for you.

Edited by Salenstormwing

2 minutes ago, Ascythian said:

Try it yourself and see. I know I have.

They removed the flight model intentionally.

I have the Experimental turned off. Ergo, if I try it, and it works how you're saying it does, that's the way I want it to be, so it'll be consistent on both the open-world areas and in Archwing space mode (for me).

So again, do you have Experimental turned on or off?

Edited by Salenstormwing

3 minutes ago, Ascythian said:

Its fun and felt more controllable. More suited to open world maps.

Might not be suited to space flight but then again archwing needs improvement in general. There is no reason why sky archwing couldn't have strafe controls too.

Archwing controls should be separated from Warframe controls, like frame fighter.

That's just the order of progression bud. If it's really detrimental to the game and/or playerbase  they'll revert it. Wouldn't be the first time. As of now, how it affects your particular playstyle is irrelevant. Warframe is all about adaptation. But like I said, unless it has a direct, negative impact on the game itself, it'll go unchanged for a while.

Gl out there.

1 minute ago, Salenstormwing said:

I have the Experimental turned off. Ergo, if I try it, and it works how you're saying it does, that's the way I want it to be, so it'll be consistent on both the open-world areas and in Archwing space mode (for me).

So again, do you have Experimental turned on or off?

True enough but yes I turned it on and off. It is no longer as it was.

Edited by Ascythian

13 minutes ago, _DapperDanMan_ said:

That's just the order of progression bud. If it's really detrimental to the game and/or playerbase  they'll revert it. Wouldn't be the first time. As of now, how it affects your particular playstyle is irrelevant. Warframe is all about adaptation. But like I said, unless it has a direct, negative impact on the game itself, it'll go unchanged for a while.

Gl out there.

I reckon it is quite negative. If DE want to rework Archwing properly this time so we can have strafing and barrel rolls then fine.

But since it will be some time until then and since not being able to have fun is quite negative then it should be reverted.

Edited by Ascythian

Just now, Ascythian said:

True enough but yes I turned it on and off. It is no longer as it was.

Okay, that's what I was curious about. That's a bug then. Experimental flight should allow for 360 control barrel rolls all that jazz. Non-Experimental should have the flight on PoE/OV/Space be all Star Fox-ie and I shouldn't have to worry about why I'm upside down. I'm surprised they finally fixed it so non-Experimental worked "right" on the PoE after so long but hey, they fixed a bug by making a bug. We're at Zero-Sum Bug levels now.