Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.0.7

[DE]Megan

Archwing is still slower than what is what at before you guys even broke the archwing controls. Odonata Prime moved at 53 meters per second at full boost speed, then the archwing controls were broken and the speeds were nerfed, resulting in 30m/s and now the Odonata Prime has been brought up to 44m/s. This does not a buff make.

1 hour ago, Hunter_Mearo said:

I get that people wanted archwing controls reverted but the changes genuinely helped with mine and a few friends motion sickness when using the archwing in plains etc. can it just be a checkbox in the game's settings please. Sure we have k-drives now but they just aren't as fast as an Itzal when out in the open world and I can't use a k-drive to farm Cetus Wisps as fast.

I'm glad they reverted the changes, but as I said before, I get that it may have had to do with motion sickness. A toggle is definitely needed here.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Reverted the Sky Archwing sprint changes from Hotfix 24.0.4 to return it back to the way it was.

I have a question about this: why not just make the Experimental Flight option toggle apply to openworld archwing too?

I belong to the camp that liked the change, as I didn't have to keep nursing my camera alignment, and it seemed like a practical change made in anticipation of fighting certain upcoming large flying enemies where having your camera alignment be automatic so you can focus on fighting would be a great boon.

Personally speaking, I don't like the reverted flight style, but, we've already got an existing solution to keep both camps happy, and it's just a matter of hooking in the existing toggle option to the openworld content. Why shouldn't the Experimental Flight toggle apply to openworld? It's not like openworld content is going to go away, it should really be properly integrated to the existing control options at this point.

14 minutes ago, .Genix. said:

Archwing is still slower than what is what at before you guys even broke the archwing controls. Odonata Prime moved at 53 meters per second at full boost speed, then the archwing controls were broken and the speeds were nerfed, resulting in 30m/s and now the Odonata Prime has been brought up to 44m/s. This does not a buff make. 

Oh so a 'change and reset' to hide a stealth nerf.... still not going to make me use k-drives over an archwing.

Just now, LSG501 said:

Oh so a 'change and reset' to hide a stealth nerf.... still not going to make me use k-drives over an archwing.

If that's actually true, it's totally ridiculous.

I really hope we get some proof one way or the other because I struggle to believe that DE would intentionally do something so wrongheaded and egregious.

1 hour ago, PrawiSucia said:

What about can't switch to emotes when using controller and Lotus noggle missing the head in some angle?

2lk87j5.jpg

It says right click, but it's still right bumper (or r1 depending on the controller) to pull out the emote wheel. I am just a controller user and use emotes all the time, including today after the fix. If it is not working for you, I would go into your controls and see if its marked differently in your personal settings. :D

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Keep your pets warm, Tenno. They may react differently now to the cold snow of the Orb Vallis...

Can anyone clarify what this vague thing means?

Is it just an aesthetic change, or did they just did something dumb like draining pets shields during freezing weather?

Archived