Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Balrolas are so slow it kinda hurts

Oreades

It feels like it takes them almost a minute if not more to walk from spawn to the bait and after that you have to sit patiently waiting to hit their weak point for massive damage a good tranque 

Maybe have them travel to the bait in ball form which should be a bit faster and also help to indicate to new hunters conservators what will happen if they startle them. 

I agree that it takes way too long for them to naturally walk towards the call point, especially since that's the only point that you can, reliably, get a decent shot at their bellies. If one spawns behind a hill or the mushroom-tree things it can end up taking well over a few minutes. Especially since they pause to roll up sometimes, I understand that's supposed to be another easy point for you to tranq it, but it's belly is oftentimes covered by it's tailplate.

I had one bolarola actually walk in the opposite direction of the lure.

I've had numerous stop where they are and just roll-up and unroll over and over.  I don't mind this a great deal as it does provide an opportunity or two for a quick capture.

All of this said:  if they're approaching the lure, they really should be moving more quickly.

I think the biggest problem is that the pathing breaks and makes them take way too long to reach the point sometimes, but as for their slow walking I believe it's fine. That's only because it is still possible to hit them in the neck or belly while they're walking (I do it all the time without abilities, but with stealth you can practically walk straight up to the thing as long as you technically aren't upwind). This makes honing your skill to do so a very rewarding experience, while still providing an easy way for people not interested in such training to complete their objectives.

Edited by Disruptis