[Question] Why don't enemies use grenades?

Souchira

Grenades are some of the simplest explosives and we have grenade launchers in the game so why is it that we don't see them on the enemy side?

I think grenades could add some much needed difficulty to the game without just scaling enemies to do more damage.
From my simple understanding the enemy side could share a small grenade pool, this would avoid dozens of enemies all throwing grenades. In turn they need to be a real threat to the Tenno so people need to move out of their little dead end hallway.

You could even go as far as to change the type of grenades based on how the player is killing the enemy. Are they using mostly abilities to kill enemies let them throw grenades that disable them are they mostly using melee weapons have a grenade with a blast proc to know them down if they use ranged weapons maybe smoke grenades could work.

I think adding grenades would really spice up gameplay making for a more challenging experience without scaling enemy damage.

i think the enemies need more HP in the form of armor, and maybe if they can get up instead of being killed, also the enemies spawn from predictable locations that players camp, they should drop from ships/containers, and also use other means and parachutes where deemed safe, i see it happening in the capture the flag and decode missions, the enemies just appear in linear patterns, and the players just have to shoot in a direct line, other missions that can have a clear enhancement are the survival missions, they just run in through the hallways in unison, a simple granade can kill them all, especially the unshieled enemies, the dogs dont run fasts or get a chance to knock down or hit players firsts, so you only end up being hit by smart greneer agents, and some AOE in some missions, were as the combat and respawn seem fake, because the player doesnt have to struggle and can spam abilities more than the enemies can, so PVE is unbalanced.

Yesterday for the first time I can remember I wash flushed out a room by a grenade in Valis.

But still, having 700+ hours in the game and never having noticed grenades being used by enemies up to now does show that they are not used very often. Meanwhile I spend many hours standing in a dead end hallway farming stuff outside it without a single grenade.

That said, I've been enjoying the new difficulty on Vallis. 

i seem to see grenades quite often when doing sortie defense missions where the tenno operative is just standing around. they used to be quite common in void defense though that may not be the case anymore.

Basically if you let the enemy stick around long enough while you hide in the same area they are more likely to nade. but in the currant life of the game everyone is constantly zipping about or killing everything so fast the enemy doesn't have time to bunker down and prepare for nade tosses.

On 2018-11-15 at 3:12 PM, Souchie said:

Grenades are some of the simplest explosives and we have grenade launchers in the game so why is it that we don't see them on the enemy side?

I think grenades could add some much needed difficulty to the game without just scaling enemies to do more damage.
From my simple understanding the enemy side could share a small grenade pool, this would avoid dozens of enemies all throwing grenades. In turn they need to be a real threat to the Tenno so people need to move out of their little dead end hallway.

You could even go as far as to change the type of grenades based on how the player is killing the enemy. Are they using mostly abilities to kill enemies let them throw grenades that disable them are they mostly using melee weapons have a grenade with a blast proc to know them down if they use ranged weapons maybe smoke grenades could work.

I think adding grenades would really spice up gameplay making for a more challenging experience without scaling enemy damage.

are you sure your playin warframe lol.. bc esp the corpus will steadily chuck them & they do scale with enemy lvl. ive been 1 shot by them on a few occasions on over lvl 200+ survivals

On 2018-11-25 at 2:04 PM, (XB1)Deliriums Realm said:

are you sure your playin warframe lol.. bc esp the corpus will steadily chuck them & they do scale with enemy lvl. ive been 1 shot by them on a few occasions on over lvl 200+ survivals

At what point do they start using them? I notice Valli's Corpus will use them at alert lvl 3 or 4.

I never seen them use them anywhere else tho. I've been playing for a good while (700hrs) and the fact that until Fortuna I never noticed them then it shows how ineffective they are.

1 hour ago, Souchie said:

At what point do they start using them? I notice Valli's Corpus will use them at alert lvl 3 or 4.

I never seen them use them anywhere else tho. I've been playing for a good while (700hrs) and the fact that until Fortuna I never noticed them then it shows how ineffective they are.

You can see them used even on Earth first node, the trigger is seems to be standing still behind an object based cover.

On 2018-11-30 at 9:53 AM, Fallen_Echo said:

You can see them used even on Earth first node, the trigger is seems to be standing still behind an object based cover.

I have seriously never noticed this in the 750+ hours I've been playing this game and I've been standing in dead end hallways in cover so that enemies run at me instead of firing their weapon. I can not remember a single time i've been flushed out by a grenade. Some of the drones drop mines, but that is not what I mean.

44 minutes ago, Souchie said:

I have seriously never noticed this in the 750+ hours I've been playing this game and I've been standing in dead end hallways in cover so that enemies run at me instead of firing their weapon. I can not remember a single time i've been flushed out by a grenade. Some of the drones drop mines, but that is not what I mean.

I dont know whats the exact trigger but i see them using those frequenty and they deal some nice punch too.

5 hours ago, Souchie said:

The most noticeable place to me (if not the only one) is Earth - Lith. You hear it like a countdown and (not with all frames, but you can) get knocked down.