Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IGN WARFRAME REVIEW 8.6

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

1 hour ago, SenariousNex said:

review grade: 4/10

IGN isn't even really a credible reviewer anymore. they dish out 9s and 10s to whoever pays the most or gets them copies to play soonest, regardless of the game's overall quality. AAA gaming media as a whole is one big farce. they might tell you stuff about games, but their scores are meaningless.

but at least they're willing to acknowledge that warframe exists, and is becoming more popular, I suppose.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

IGN isn't even really a credible reviewer anymore. they dish out 9s and 10s to whoever pays the most or gets them copies to play soonest, regardless of the game's overall quality. AAA gaming media as a whole is one big farce. they might tell you stuff about games, but their scores are meaningless.

but at least they're willing to acknowledge that warframe exists, and is becoming more popular, I suppose.

it's easy to test, if they give Fallout 76 anything even close to 8.6 which has maybe 3% of content compared to WF and is worse in literally every category, it will serve as nice confirmation. 

There aren't many games to compare WF to. Nioh is relatively close. They gave NIOH 9.6 and it currently has ~700 people logged in.

Edited by SenariousNex

Just now, SenariousNex said:

it's easy to test, if they give Fallout 76 anything even close to 8.6 which has maybe 3% of content compared to WF and is worse in literally every category, it will serve as nice confirmation. 

I mainly stated that based on all the CoD, Destiny and Battle Royale games that have received high praise while some genuinely good games get far more criticism and lower scores. just tooka look and one of their guys wasn't that impressed with what he played, saying it was really boring Solo and he wouldn't play it again without friends. giving it a high score would contradict this and confirm that their scores are indeed meaningless.

2 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

"...heat sword..."

0/10

But...  Condition overload makes Heat sword automatically 60% stronger, making it stronger than every other sword. With forced AOE fire procs and additional elements this literally gets overlooked heat sword jokes don't make sense. 

Well subtracting impact it has high odds of 180% bonus damage most of the time. With the right stance. 

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

48 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

I can't trust reviews.  No game is perfect but Warframe is an honest 10 to me.  I play it more than anything else and spend money without a second thought.  Games that reviewers give 10s I usually don't even finish because I get bored.

The key isn't so much the review score as it is finding a reviewer that shares similar tastes. 

A lot of people will stop at (X outlet) gave (Y game) a (Z Score) but won't consider which of (X outlets) reviewers actually wrote the review and scored the game. When the high score simply isn't relevant to them because the reviewer has such diametrically apposed tastes to theirs. 

Huh actually im impressed. First Time in a long Time i Read a review/guide to warframe (from a non primarily warframe playing source) that doesnt has outdated or plain wrong information. Props for that 

(and shotout to i Think it was PC Gamer, that said in a guide Equi Main bp drops from tyl regor and explained modding with probably the oldest screenshot they could find)

Edited by Eisdschungel