Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Theótis - Knight Warframe - Tank/Support

xXxTheSorrowxXx

Hi, this is my first post in this Forum and I hope I posted it in the right place, if not, please let me know where to post it. I posted my idea at reddit as well but I am not sure if I am allowed to link it.

So here it comes:

Theótis - Knight Warframe ("Theós" Greek for God + "Ippótis" Greek for Knight) Role: Tank / Support

Passive: +60% Faster Knockdown Recovery

Ability 1: Taunt

25 Energy or more Theótis raises his energetic shield and taunts the enemy.

Taunt surrounding enemies so they only target you for ? Seconds. Incoming damage is reduced by ?%. Hold down activation key to increase taunt radius and energy cost.

• Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
  • Radius is affected by holding down ability key, not Ability Range.
  • Damage reduction is affected by Ability Strength.

Ability 2: Shield Charge

50 Energy Theótis equips his phased shield and charges an enemy. He deals damage while stunning him - The longer the path, the bigger the damage/longer the stun. While charging, all other enemies are knocked to the side and stunned for a short duration as well.

Deals ? Damage to charged enemy and stuns him for ? seconds. Up to ? damage and ? seconds the longer the distance charged. Enemies knocked away to the side are stunned for ? seconds.

• Stun duration affected by Ability Duration
  • Range affected by Ability Range
  • Damage affected by Ability Strength

Ability 3: Hold Your Ground

75 Energy Theótis slams a phased flag pole into the ground, creating a circle, marking the surrounding area for defense for a limited time. Warframes inside the circle got a higher shield and health regeneration. All damage taken by all Warframes and Pets/Sentinels inside the circle is stored as "energy" inside the melee weapon of everyone and can be released separately to deal damage to surrounding enemies thru the next slam/leap attack. *

• Max +100% Shield Regeneration - Not affected by any mods
  • Max +?% Health Regeneration - Not affected by any mods
  • Circle range affected by Ability Range

Ability 4: War Horse

100 Energy + ? Energy for every continuous second

Theótis summons and mounts his phased War Horse, equipping his Divine Sword* to ride thru enemy lines and deal damage. While mounted, Theótis is immune to any crowd control effects, can ride thru enemies and gains special attacks (MB - 1 quick slash, MB2 - Heavy Slash), higher armor and movement speed. The sword is always channeled at no extra energy cost during that time. Every enemy killed with the divine sword explodes in a small radius. The explosion deals damage to enemies while healing Theótis and his allies in that radius.

• +?% movement speed
  • jumping possible on horse (no bullet jump obviously)
  • gained Armor affected by Ability Strength (unsure if fixed amount or not)
  • Divine Sword damage affected by equipped mods to the sword (look at ***)
  • Explosion Radius affected by Ability Range
  • Explosion Damage and Healing affected by Ability Strength

• I am unsure about the phrasing here and if the explanation is precise enough. What I mean is that all damage taken is collected and numbers are added together but the energy is stored into every Warframes melee weapon, so that everyone can release the energy slam attack without taking away the energy from an ally. The ally still has the full amount of collected energy for his attack ready to use without any decimation.

** The War Horse can be visually customized and should have this slight phased/see thru/ghostly appearance 😄

*** The Divine Sword counts as separate melee weapon and can be modded separately. For example just as Garuda's claws.

I am bad with numbers so I put the question mark (?) instead. It is not easy to balance numbers.

I am still not sure about the name of this Frame but overall I'd like to see a classic Tank like Rhino and Frost that not only tanks damage but literally supports his allies thru his attacks.

Any ideas or criticism or general feedback? Comment please : )

Part of me doubts they'll make entirely new animations for riding horse and or wound probably run into the same issues a growth frame wound have in that the majority of maps likely wouldn't have the space to accommodate it. A simple exalted sword and shield wound be much more likely than a mount. Having it also heal is a bit much. Everything else looks fine.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Bombarder0:

Idea looks solid and good,but DE wont bother to make new animations for sure,and more if the thread suggesting it has very few people.

Thanks for the feedback. Why do you think they wouldn't create new animations? I am curious because I do not know why they shouldn't do it. WF can be such a great game, it deserves a good treatment IMO : )

4 hours ago, xXxTheSorrowxXx said:

Thanks for the feedback. Why do you think they wouldn't create new animations? I am curious because I do not know why they shouldn't do it. WF can be such a great game, it deserves a good treatment IMO : )

Just the amount of work it would take. They'd  have to make two new character models to have something to rig all the new animations they would need to.

1 hour ago, xXxTheSorrowxXx said:

Hrm I think it could be worth it 😛

It really wouldn't considering that most of the starmap probably doesn't have side to accommodate any decent sized mount with a full size frame on top of it.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Atsia:

It really wouldn't considering that most of the starmap probably doesn't have side to accommodate any decent sized mount with a full size frame on top of it.

Okay. So same ability without mount it is then. Since he does not need to hold onto the horse, he could carry a Shield instead, just for the visual aspect.

Considering that the horse idea would require a lot more work, I think it would be better for him to get a change in appearance of armor, like the transformation of Chroma but making him beefier/ heavily armored. It would also fit better for the no crowd control and damage reduction.

Also, I think for a knight character to have an exalted polearm/hammer would be better, just my opinion though.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Jotuheimr:

Considering that the horse idea would require a lot more work, I think it would be better for him to get a change in appearance of armor, like the transformation of Chroma but making him beefier/ heavily armored. It would also fit better for the no crowd control and damage reduction.

Also, I think for a knight character to have an exalted polearm/hammer would be better, just my opinion though.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I actually thought of the visual armor change as well but how would that work with the already individual customizations of every player's Warframe?

A polearm was in my mind as well but I went with the sword, still I think that a polearm/hammer would fit as well, absolutely agree with you : )