Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus' Larva bugging out [Fixed]

Pullow

Noticed today when doing Fortuna bounties that when I was not the host and playing Nidus, my Larva (2, big swirly boi) would either latch on to enemies and them make them invisible while all bunched up in the larva, still able to take damage and gain stacks from, or it would temporarily remove them entirely, not being able to damage or gain stacks from them, but at the conclusion of larva, they would reappear at the larva location, bundled up. Essentially casting larva while not host either makes attached enemies disappear until larva duration is over, or turns them invisible until larva duration is over. Not sure if this bug only occurs in the Orb Vallis, but that's all I've been playing so I wouldn't know if it happens elsewhere :p 

When using Nidus's second ability it causes all enemies grabbed to disappear and seem to fly off the map. Once the ability ends all the enemies that were grabbed appear where they should have been pulled to. It doesn't seem possible to damage these enemies while they are glitching. This just started happening on 11/15/18.

My friend and I have the same glitch but the enemies are sticked to the walls, we can damage them but they all seem to "fly" through the walls when there's not a lot of them (we tested this in different missions and it's always doing the same thing.

We tried in the simulacrum being host or not and the results are:

When my friend is host I have the glitch but not her, if I'm the host she have the glitch but not me, here are the screenshots we took: 

https://imgur.com/a/OC2TGuN

Edited by Anolera
screens added

I have had similar issues with nidus immediately following the update today as nidus when casting larva it still grabs all mobs in range but expels them all beyond possible range into a corner until the full duration at which point they all magicly teleport in a pile on the floor following it ending the duration it lasts

Same issue here, I noticed that other players can still see the enemies and damage them (as they keep hitting them). However I am unable to see them and hence cannot damage them with my weapons or 1 skill.

Odd note. If you cast 4 and your maggots latch to the enemies that you cast with your 2 skill, using 1 skill can detonate them to kill the enemies through in-direct damage (However, you do not get your double virus stack but only get the 1 from the maggot explosions)

Edit: This bug is not present in solo missions

Edited by rickysway

First time making a bug report, but its been annoying me so much that I just got to.

Been playing Nidus recently, really enjoy playing him, but I came across a bug. It isn't game breaking, just pretty annoying.

---

The bug goes like this:

Play Nidus, go into matchmaking (defense is where I first found out), press 2, larva spawns, enemies are pushed away rather than pulled in.

Sometimes they go in all different directions, sometimes they go in one direction where my 1 can still be viable, but the go anywhere EXCEPT where the larva is spawned.

---

I tried to do some troubleshooting, and here is what I found out:

Only happens when I am in a game with others (solo missions and simulacrum is where the 2 work fine), happened right I crafted a zaw (Ruhang II, Ooltha, Plague Akwin).

Some more information that people may find useful: Ping limit 300, my ping is 100 - 150, and I have larva burst augment equipped.

EDIT: Did more troubleshooting, seems that the defense gamemode is where it occurs. At first I thought it was the tileset, but I tested both Helene, Hydron, and Io, and concluded it was the gamemode. I also restarted my game, but the bug persists.

EDIT2: More info - gamemode doesn't matter. Tested on Hellas, Mars (exterm) both solo and public, public reproduced the bug

I think it may be a matchmaking bug, seeing as going solo/simulacrum doesn't trigger the bug.

EDIT3: After taking a break from Warframe and coming back after 20 or so minutes, the bug stopped. Can't say for sure what is causing it, but I think it would be matchmaking itself.

Edited by OtekersUnite
found more info on the bug

Just got back and tested this again because I didn't have time before. Everything said here seems to be true except when the enemies are pinned against the walls I'm able to shoot them before they appear back at the center point of the cast. I tried using both positive and negative range to see if that changed anything but it still bugged out. Sorry to all the people who's games I popped in and out of.

When I tried to use Nidus today, I tried to use Nidus' 2nd ability, Larva, to try to pull enemies in so that I can get stacks with him. However, instead of getting pulled in, they get stuck on the floor while attached to the larva. This makes it significantly harder to get stacks with Nidus. So, I really hope it gets fixed.

Same, but not all the time. Pretty sure this only happens to clients.

What happens to me is if I cast my 2 the enemies disappear as soon as the tendrils hit them. They then stay gone until the duration runs out (in which case they pop out of the floor where my 2 was placed) or they just never come back if my team shoots them. I'm not sure if the other clients can shoot them or if only the host can.

Hello! I am also seeing this, and it appeared to have started today (Was not happening yesterday). His larva appears to push enemies away from the center to max range, and pin them rag-dolled to ground or walls, then bring them to center as the ability ended. It did not occur while I was playing solo, but was happening during multiple missions, and has continued past the most recent hotfix. Hope this helps, and will check back here as I keep playing with it!

Same. Seems to be a physics bug, enemies are tendrilled OFF the map, then just teleport back mid ability when the duration ends. It means end game missions you can't crowd control and use it to get stacks, thus making nidus no where near as useful / no regen or damage boost from stacks. Breaks him.

Same. Seems to be a physics bug, enemies are tendrilled OFF the map, then just teleport back mid ability when the duration ends. It means end game missions you can't crowd control and use it to get stacks, thus making nidus no where near as useful / no regen or damage boost from stacks. Breaks him.

1 hour ago, MiloLC said:

Same, but not all the time. Pretty sure this only happens to clients.

What happens to me is if I cast my 2 the enemies disappear as soon as the tendrils hit them. They then stay gone until the duration runs out (in which case they pop out of the floor where my 2 was placed) or they just never come back if my team shoots them. I'm not sure if the other clients can shoot them or if only the host can.

I think Milo is on to something here. In all the times I've been bugged, it's been when I wasn't host.

I went into a game solo - Larva seemed to work just fine.Go into a game where I'm not host, and Larva sends enemies off the map, fails to pick them up, is just generally broken.