Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested-themed modular weapons

Orangicus

Was just chatting with friends about Cetus and Fortuna and their mechanics when something came up.

Infested weapons. Not in the same sense of the clan-weapons you can download. More along the lines of kitguns and zaws. Pick one of three base types. You rank the super weak initial version to rank 30. At that point, you can pump it full of resources and give it to Helminth to grow. It starts at rank zero again, but with improved stats and capabilities. You do this three times (to emulate the three pieces of the other sets) until it's fully grown. You would be able to choose a kind of growth path for each stage from a number of options until it fully matures, at which point it is not able to be altered further. Because you already rank it three times, it is the equivalent of being gilded at the end of the third growth stage.

Infested weopons using the Helminth would be cool especially if a alchemy system was added in which you could infect weopons to improve there stats. A better less random or chance bases system than the current riven system. Actually grinding for resources to increase the power of weak weopons by infection in a alchemy system.

19 hours ago, xZeromusx said:

Don't the current Zaws, Kit guns, and Moas only have to rank to level 30 once before they're gilded, then rank to 30 again to max? Why three stages?

I'm thinking of it being an alternative system to the riven system. One less based on chance. Not as another modular weopon creation system.

Il y a 3 heures, (PS4)G-Dubsupreme a dit :

I'm thinking of it being an alternative system to the riven system. One less based on chance. Not as another modular weopon creation system.

Ahh, okay. Then I'm on board. Kind of put off of the heavy reliance on RNG in any game I play. When are game developers going to learn that players would much rather have content that rewards hard work rather than computer generated luck?

Nah. This is not a riven alternative that I'm suggesting. It's an infested modular weapon alternative. You rank it to "mature" it through each stage, but something else could be done. It's a concept. I like the idea of a growing, living infested weapon that is modular to compliment the current array of modular weapons - corpus and then grineer themes. 

What do you propose as an alternative to affinity/ranking for maturing the concept?

On 2018-11-18 at 10:05 PM, xZeromusx said:

Ahh, okay. Then I'm on board. Kind of put off of the heavy reliance on RNG in any game I play. When are game developers going to learn that players would much rather have content that rewards hard work rather than computer generated luck?

Ja. The Riven system sucks. Three layers of RNG. Any alternative to it would be better

I’m liking where this is going (as I am a bit of a Helminth Enthusiast.) with the moa pets thing though, as soon as I saw them, a thought instantly crossed my mind, use a mature cyst during moa construction to create a type of Infested Moa that I shall dub: the “Hel Minthalist Moa” which could have unique weaponry that slightly differ from the Tar mutalist moas that we see when fighting infested.

long story short: Helminth based weaponry sounds grand, I’d even support a decision to have a “Helminth Syndicate.”