General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Fishing in fortuna, fish stuck.

Troy-Abed

Right outside when you exit into fortuna there is a river bank. At the end of the river before the lake the fish get caught. You can catch about 60ish fish or more without bait in about 5 minutes. If you stand at the end where the river cuts off the fish will constantly spawn there and will continue to be shocked every time you catch one. Not sure if it's bug or where this belongs but I thought I'd bring it up! not sure how to link a picture in the forums. https://imgur.com/a/f0zLBHf not sure if that will work but that is the location.

I discovered the same location today. The fish spawn right in front of a chunk of ice separating the pond and the river. If you use a Dye, the fish are effectively trapped by the current and can easily be farmed. If you mange to scare them, they swim into the air or alternative swim vertically up the rocks across the stream. You get numerous species of fish spawning in this location, and they spawn immediately.

In a test, I discovered on average I was catching 3 fish every 16 seconds. 

Found this bug on my own earlier, but the issue I had was I could hit one and get the target bar, but even if I landed that correctly, I didn't get a "technofish catch" screen. Attempts to throw the spear again just resulted in myself getting knocked back once it impacted. Also sometimes the target area on the bar was wider than usual, but that might be part of some other mechanic.