a weapon for Bolarola capture?

mikakor

is there. a. bloody. gun... that only gives CC? that deals no damage at all? because i feel like the bolarola is just a huge piece of crap that makes me want to pull my hairs off my head -.-  he decide when he rolls or not RANDOMLY ( in my case at least ) and i'm starting to go mad ... ;-; so if you know any kind of gun, or melee, that gives a pure CC, without damage, i am ALL listening, because this is making me crazy.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Any status built weapon with a -100% damage Riven?

is this even possible? because i never seen this xD but, about what MR down there said...

10 minutes ago, kambinks said:

Excals blind stingy might work

you were right. Excalibur second ability works just fine. the window is short, but still better than what i actually have. thanks a lot!

Just now, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Farm for Loki, Ivara, or Octavia, and cloak after you've succeeded in calling the animal. It won't notice you, since you're invisible, and you can get a perfect capture from point-blank range.

nope, i assure oyu it is detecting me. i do have Loki, and i was doing perfectly fine, with off course Hushed invisibility, for the tranq rifle, then i bump on the bolarola. this thing is awful, it randomly decide whether or not he detects me. trust me, with me, it's totally random. one time he won't detect me just beside him, another time, he will detect me from AFAR, and get locked into his block animation. it's demonic. but excalibur Umbra with radial blind/howl allows me to stun lock it to get a better shot.

Hmmm Not Sure if the damage could kill the Animal, but an unmodded Exodia Epidemic Zaw might Work (will Test it later, its the only pure cc weapon that doesnt required a riven i can Think Off ) . But seeing that op is missing both Equi and ivara, id assume thats something he doesnt have Access too aswell

9 hours ago, Eisdschungel said:

Hmmm Not Sure if the damage could kill the Animal, but an unmodded Exodia Epidemic Zaw might Work (will Test it later, its the only pure cc weapon that doesnt required a riven i can Think Off ) . But seeing that op is missing both Equi and ivara, id assume thats something he doesnt have Access too aswell

Bah, it's more that I never took interest in them. I have Prime Loki , Rhino , Limbo , nova, banshee, mirage, etc... All good stuff xD i juste never used these two because I never dived into nuke frame before ( in 2 years and a half xD ). Or that I never seen the utility for Ivara. 

But I discovered that one radial blind/,howl is extremely useful. One will stun him first maybe 2.5 second, and if he roll in, you can stun back again and make him open his defense. 

( And if you ask why I don't used Loki, I already explained it )

Edited by mikakor

The issue seems to be that the upwind/sidewind/downwind is an actual game parameter, that makes bolarolas especially tedious. This meaning that if you use any other frame than one with a sleep ability, the creature will spot you through invisibility if it is moving against the wind direction since you have to be shooting it from upwind as well to hit the soft belly.

This wouldn't be an issue if the bolarola roll exposed the belly upwards instead of just frontal, but alas.

I've had no issues with Bolarola. There are big openings on them to get the shot in as they crawl. Even easier if it actually goes to the lure spot and sits still for a little while. Just like with every other target, be aware of where the sound is coming from so you can position yourself in the right angle/spot.

So I'm just using Banshee since there is no better frame for conservation targets because she renders pobbers trivial aswell due to her silenced passive that also covers the conservation rifle.

So, tested the exodia. It seemed to work, however not very practical (at Least my unupgraded one), due to travel time and Short Duration. However it seems like they like to roll in a Ball without reason. Give them a Sec, they unroll and dontt flee. I got a Perfect capture in One of these situations, so i dont Think the Animal noticed me