Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oxylus, oh dear.

JCBeastie

On 2018-11-16 at 4:57 PM, Peter said:

i bought it, is the most useless sentinel I've ever seen.

Yes, I bought it too & I'm upset that its precepts are extremely disappointing.

I'm glad that [DE]Taylor has replied & informed us that changes are coming for this sentinel's precepts.

I think making it the 'free roam sentinel' is a little limited given every other sentinel has uses in both free roam and normal gameplay. I doubt DE wants to be quite that restrictive.

1. Scan Matter - "Detects rare and useful resources within 50m, with details increasing as distance shortens." Within 50m, pings when it detects Caches or Rare Resources (Cell Array, Argon Pegmatite, Rare Resource Containers, Ayatan Sculptures), and waypoint-marks within 25m. Within 15m, marks mining nodes, should a mining laser be equipped, with a red or blue marker depending on the type of node.
  2. Scan Life Forms - "Aids in Synthesis, Conservation, and Fishing." If the Synthesis Scanner is in the Gear Spiral, will let the player see the trail without having to equip the scanner, and if siphon traps are on the Spiral, will automatically consume them to deploy a beam when the synthesis target is in range, marks conservation starting points within 30m without having to equip the tranq gun first, makes animal tracks pulse bright red on and off so they're more obvious, and causes fishing spots to be marked on the map within 50m, on top of occasionally spotting a rarer fish that was hiding somewhere obscured.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-11-29 at 1:24 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno, thanks for all your feedback! The team has been gathering community sentiments on the Oxylus and its precepts, and we agree that they aren't offering more support or utility as we'd like. We will be making some changes to the Precepts -- more details to come in the future!

Hey y'all! Updating you on the status of the Oxylus since Taylor's last post here 🙂

Expect changes in next week's Mainline Fortuna Part 2 update. Thank you for all your feedback. 

42 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey y'all! Updating you on the status of the Oxylus since Taylor's last post here 🙂

Expect changes in next week's Mainline Fortuna Part 2 update. Thank you for all your feedback. 

Mainline?, so we're not getting part 2 next week, cuz a mainline is just getting ready for it right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, cuz the following week is Xmas and the did say "Before Xmas/end of this year"

Edited by -Platinum-

When I first read about the Oxylus I initially thought it was a jack-of-all-trades sentinel capable of helping with basic resource collection in the Orb Vallis (and maybe in general): fishing, mining and conservation. Well I was sorta right.

It's a good idea for a sentinel. It's not overpowered and it can help out a lot in the Vallis for certain tasks. The unfortunate thing is you cannot craft it until you are at the highest tier with Solaris United - by that point you won't really need the little drone for what it's initially designed for. It's kinda sad because I like the way it looks and it's weapon isn't terrible (not the best either). If the Oxylus was a tier 1 or 2 reward instead then it would be more likely to give players incentive to use it. By putting it at the cap you've trivialized the sentinel.

I don't have any ideas for how to improve the Oxylus itself at the moment but I felt that that was the more important point to stress.

It would be great if it could simply mark all the fish in the water with their names, but more importantly their rank (basic, adorned or magnificent). It would help prioritise my throws and save my fingers some unnecessary stress.

I was really hoping that it would help me during conservation runs but so far really is nothing. Biggest help would be if it could either have a chance of doubling the tags/standing for each capture or at least let you lure multiple animals to the same call point.

i believe they are updating the oxylus. right now its fairly disappointing even for what it was made for. im okay with niche but if its niche is crap then fix it. and it seems they are doing just that. lets be patient. 

im also tempted to buy it cus i have an abundance of plat lol.

On 2018-11-29 at 5:07 PM, Ragingwasabi said:

scan life forms needs to change to something that highlights footprints super clearly so we can follow them faster and / or also highlighting outlines of both enemies and animals 

id almost rather have it reveal a path on the map within so many meters n mark the call point than try something more with the footprints themselves. no matter how bright they glow, it against an often white background with bloom, its all glowing to some extent.

On 2018-12-18 at 3:03 PM, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

id almost rather have it reveal a path on the map within so many meters n mark the call point than try something more with the footprints themselves. no matter how bright they glow, it against an often white background with bloom, its all glowing to some extent.

I like the idea of oxylus help with scanning for footprints, picking up the tracks across non white surfaces is a chore on the eyes.  Helping to spot fish or having it mine nodes might be useful too.