Beta "drop monsters" ideas Prime time #225

killerKronos23

disclaimer: these are just ideas i have if DE is to add this feature, everyone is welcome to respond with their own ideas.

So after tonight's Prime time testing the "drop monsters" a few ideas popped up.

the mob show cased moa spawned rather too quickly and was really easy to kill as someone's sentinel killed the first one.

my ideas incorporate spawn mechanics of certain mobs, difficulty, and drop quality.

As for spawn mechanics i assume most players are familiar on how bursas, manics, and juggernauts spawn. as you need to lure the particular mob out. in the case for these "Drop mobs" they will only spawn once or twice when the player has killed a certain amount of mobs.

For difficulty give the "drop mob" a buff like eximus units but also de-buff the players frame like dragon keys but in a less degree maybe -15% speed, damage, shields, and health. this will also change depending on the type of "drop mob" it is.

Finally as for drop quality. 

• Common "drop mobs" may give (credits, common resources, ect)
  • Uncommon "drop mobs" may give (higher amount of credits, uncommon resources, rare chance of weapon blueprints and cosmetic items)
  • Rare "drop mobs" may give (rare resources, weapon blueprints, rare mods, cosmetic items, rare chance of weapons, very rare chance of certain warframes)
  • Legendary "drop mobs" may give (certain warframes, rivens, and rare chance prime parts)

To identify the mob type they will have an aura around them.

• Common "drop mobs" yellow aura
  • Uncommon "drop mobs" orange aura
  • Rare "drop mobs" purple aura
  • Legendary "drop mobs" gold aura

these are just the ideas i have and will greatly appreciate your ideas and feed back. 👍    

Edited by killerKronos23

9 minutes ago, killerKronos23 said:

the mob show cased moa spawned rather too quickly and was really easy to kill as someone's sentinel killed the first one.👍

They know, Reb said it was just a place holder to see if the code worked (which did).

The Moa was a placeholder and weighted to be near instant so as to be something they could test without waiting for hours or days worth of RNG. 

Undoubtedly the actual drop monster will be something more significant and significantly more rare. 

My major concern about the announcement is that the drops where going to be time limited in some way. In that even if you where watching the stream during the drop period, if you didn't log into Warframe to claim it in some way before that time expired then you got no drop. Something that everyone watching the cursory overview seem to have completely missed. 

I understand to a point why they would want to do that because they don't want people to just load up a stream and leave it running while they aren't there. However that doesn't really take into accounting the people who are watching actively but aren't in a place where they can get to their computer and load into Warframe in a reasonable time. People watch Casters on breaks at school or work, on their phones when they aren't home and having a system where the drops expire before they can claim it even tho they where actually there is kinda butts. 

That and I'm kinda concerned about it creating some belligerence towards/abuse of the casters if they fail or for whatever reasons refuse to detour to get the dropmonster. It's great on paper but I'm worried it'll bring out the weirdies. Kinda like all the people who complained (needlessly IMHO) about the last round of Twitch drops but instead of being directed in general at the drops being focused on the actual caster. That said I wouldn't expect most people to be a problem but there will probably be apples. 

Edited by Oreades

55 minutes ago, wtflag said:

Didnt see the show.

Based on the post, are we getting treasure goblins?

Watching partner streams for twitch drops won't be "afk" hours long anymore. It kinda will work the same as you have to do nothing but watch, but the streamer will have to engage on it to make viewers earn the rewards by killing a special enemy unit that will appear once per Orb Vallis load in a bounty. Viewers will have to be somewhat active on what stream to watch to earn the drops relying on the streamer to be actively doing bounties loading back and forth from Vallis to Fortuna and killing these enemies, so no more hours long afk on a random Warframe stream while you sleep/work and stuff, while you can still do it at your own "risk" of not getting drops. On the other hand, it's not tied to an hour mark of watching so the drop count is as fast as the streamers set it to be by going back to Fortuna after a bounty instead of wandering around Vallis and pick new bounties from Eudico, unless they deem this abusive and give it some cooldown.

Edited by Vanille

3 minutes ago, Vanille said:

but the streamer will have to engage on it to make viewers earn the rewards by killing a special enemy unit that will appear once per Orb Vallis load in a bounty. 

In the other hand, it's not tied to an hour mark of watching so the drop count is as fast as the streamers set it to be by going back to Fortuna after a bounty instead of wandering around Vallis and pick new bounties from Eudico, unless they deem this abusive and give it some cooldown.

The once per load into Orb Vallis was likely simply for demonstration so they had a guarantee that it should happen within the Primetime time frame. 

In practice it's probably something that's going to be running for a week or more at a time, possibly tied indirectly to other in game events and more RNG with regards to spawning. It doesn't make a lot of sense for them to make it a hard trigger going back and forth to Fortuna when one of their big advancements with Fortuna was not having to go back to Fortuna constantly. 

:thonk:

Me wonder how this is interactive for viewers.

Yet again A+ for effort, D- For execution. Glad the system works in general, but as designed I wonder why they didn't just chose to stick to the alert system giving people that watch a limited alert to run.

Or just have partnered dark sectors that require keys (gotten from twitch drops while viewing) that people could use at their availability (possible to put a 24 h period on it, but not necessary) like....either one of these is miles more interactive (and forgiving) than "Let's see if the partner in the room kills the thing and MLG my password to log in and claim".