Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda, Close but lacking in some small but critical areas.

squirrel_killer-

So I really like Garuda. I really do. I do have issues however so let's nail them fast and hard, and every ability nearly has a minor issue that isn't world ending. Also I am only judging her design and not her technical standing currently. The bugs will be fixed given time I know, but her design feels... like somewhere about halfway through burnout kicked in for poor Pablo.

Dread Mirror: I like this ability more than most, however the shield is the wrong shape. Instead I feel it needs to be curved and modified to instead protect a 120 degrees or so in front of her. This leaves her open only to enemies directly beside or behind her. Sure you could go in too deep still when you use her 1 to get a new shield or her 2 to throw up a new blood altar to heal, but that at that point is an aspect of learning where and when to pick out an enemy for the approach. The curve would also help her in melee more as you push into a group of enemies.

Blood Altar: Too small a base radius. That is about it, maybe speed it up and give a initial burst of health to allies within radius as well, but honestly this ability acts as a nice piece of single threat CC (useful for getting obnoxious enemies like a nox out of the mess), and makes her a bit of a Support/DPS hybrid, a fun concept and something I enjoy the idea of.

Bloodletting: This ability has a different use currently than stated in the description. This isn't here to give energy, it is here to give a damage buff with the passive, the energy is a bonus. Instead modify this so that it gives energy to nearby allies as well. That would help amplify the support-y thing she has going on with her 2 already, making her an absolute monster in a party.

Seeking Talons: Charge speed. Buff it. Allow jumping. Absorb it's damage into her death ball from her 1. Seriously this needs so little to be good, and giving it a simple synergy to help build damage for her 1 would also be nice.

Death's Gate: I like her passive honestly, I don't mind it, just buff it a little, the damage gain feels a bit too small as is currently.

I want to stress something though: EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HER ABILITIES SEEMS GREAT ON PAPER AND I LIKE THEM IN CONCEPT. I HAVE NO ISSUE ANYWHERE WITH HER DESIGN, ONLY HER IMPLEMENTATION, THIS IS A CREDIT TO PABLO AS A FRAME DESIGNER EVEN IF THE FINAL IMPLEMENTATION WAS IMPERFECT.

Edited by squirrel_killer-
Small thing I wanted to stress