Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx's Mind Control (with Exalted weapon slot)

XenMaster

So DE might give us Nyx rework, before that comes in,

1. Mind Control should gain Exalted weapon mod. (Allow to improve Crowd Control and DPS, although irregular)

2. Mind Control AI should change to Specter AI.

3.  Multiple Mind Control targets.

4. Mind Control allow defense mission to advance next wave instead to disable MC target and kill it.

They've already been working on her rework for a while. 

1. They've said they're adding a damage bonus mechanic to her mind control. Considering some enemies use ranged and some melee, how would you mod it if exalted? 

2. I agree the AI needs improvement. 

3. 1 good one is enough considering it's invulnerable. 

4. That could be nice. It works with Revenant so i don't see why not. 

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

Nyx rework, more of this... they're actually suggesting far more on the DevStreams than you are, and there is absolutely no reason to give mind-control targets some kind of generic weapon to use... I mean, how would that even work? Give a Butcher an exalted Machete, a Lancer an Exalted Rifle and a Bombard an Exalted Launcher?

That would just be needlessly complicated when they can do what they've already suggested: Put the same 3 second charging state on the enemy after cast, allowing you and enemies to pump damage into it to 'charge' up the resulting damage it causes.

There's also the suggestion of changing her passive to something that provides more survivability than 'enemies have a chance to drop their weapons after being affected by her abilities', in the form of an aura of flat accuracy debuff, meaning that you're simply not getting shot as often.

Beyond that there was the buff idea for Psychic Bolts, which simply adds on a debuff mechanic on top of the current Confusion proc and mild damage (both of which Oberon does better with his 1 cast) so that enemies lose shields or armour or suffer some other debuff based on their type.

And finally there's the calculation factor on Absorb, so it will stay doing what it does, you'll just get more damage for the same energy investment.

Personally I'd want them to do a few more things, but at the moment a bunch of straight-up buffs to her existing kit are quite welcome.