Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda survivability (larger energy pool)

AntiMomentum

So with the armor Garuda has I think the only thing missing really is a larger energy pool.

With a mod like Quick thinking and/or Gladiator Finesse I think having a larger energy pool than she currently has can really up her survivability significantly. I'm talking like a 1200 energy pool? Why? Because if she's to survive more than 10 waves of defense arbitration (solo) or something she'll need it and that's assuming vitality and steel fiber are equipped. The issue is once enemy levels get high enough her armor doesn't stop her from being one-shotted. But here's the catch with the energy pool: To make her this tanky you're using Quick Thinking, Glad Fin, Vitality, Steel Fiber. That's half of your mod slots straight to health or surviving already. If you want 100% bleed proc on her 4th you're still looking at another 2 to 3 mod slots for power strength. Without an Umbral build, it's 3 (if I'm not mistaken). So that just leaves you something like natural talent or flow anyways. Maybe both with an Umbral build or just a bunch of forma

Basically, with the abilities Garuda already has simply increasing her max energy could make her not just better but way better, without making her super OP. 

Look at it this way in terms of practicality: Her 4th is basically a budget Saryn dps ability. The issue is once Garuda's other healing abilities can't stop her from being one-shotted then you might as well as just used Saryn. Move around enough with Saryn and you could just nuke your way through most of the enemies Garuda could survive without going down anyways with the right build. But if you give her a larger energy pool Garuda becomes decently tanky with just not quite the dps capabilities Saryn has, or quite the armor health Inaros has, and that's pretty solid compared to how powerful saryn is anyways. It's like a good balance right in the middle just by increasing her energy. In theory 

Edited by AntiMomentum

I am enclined to dissagree on that. 
Garuda has press 3 to recover energy, the more health you have, the more energy you get per 3 click. Not only that, you can recover health with her 2 at a crazy fast rate so you could in theory as long as you have 1 enemy alive, refill your energy bar to 100% within seconds. Garuda is the only frame that I have never run out of energy, and I don't even use any mods to increase it. 

35 minutes ago, SqualZell said:

I am enclined to dissagree on that. 
Garuda has press 3 to recover energy, the more health you have, the more energy you get per 3 click. Not only that, you can recover health with her 2 at a crazy fast rate so you could in theory as long as you have 1 enemy alive, refill your energy bar to 100% within seconds. Garuda is the only frame that I have never run out of energy, and I don't even use any mods to increase it. 

This doesn't scale well at higher levels where its just 1 shot to take you down, you simply can't risk bleeding yourself. The 2 doesn't heal you fast enough to keep you alive during that.

58 minutes ago, MrHanBrolo said:

This doesn't scale well at higher levels where its just 1 shot to take you down, you simply can't risk bleeding yourself. The 2 doesn't heal you fast enough to keep you alive during that.

Although I get your point I just tried out the build myself and could easily hold my own against 8x lvl 160 corrupted bombards with a lifesteal/healing return Venka installed (plenty of other melee's are viable for that, even her own claws). You jump between enemies with her 1 & 2, getting a ton of energy from the damage and healing it right back up with your melee. And I didn't even need to run Steel Fibre or use her self damage. 

Edited by Skadedyr

32 minutes ago, Skadedyr said:

Although I get your point I just tried out the build myself and could easily hold my own against 8x lvl 160 corrupted bombards with a lifesteal/healing return Venka installed (plenty of other melee's are viable for that, even her own claws). You jump between enemies with her 1 & 2, getting a ton of energy from the damage and healing it right back up with your melee. And I didn't even need to run Steel Fibre or use her self damage. 

I second that. she can hold her own in high level missions with some extra armor, adaptation, quick thinking, primed flow and rage or hunter adrenaline. a melee with healin return is good enough to keep her above 2HP - so she enjoys her passive (which I assume buffs status effects damage too) while making sure she have some HP left for hunter adrenaline / rage to keep her energy running.

I just find it weird that even though she got x2.5 as much bonus energy per rank than other frames, she still falls behind!
why give her x2.5 energy scalling per rank if she doesn't have MORE energy then any other frame at rank 30? they could as well give her the normal 50% energy bonus at rank 30 with just abit higher base and it will be exactly the same...