Phoenizmasterzhar

phoenizmasterzhar

18 minutes ago, phoenizmasterzhar said:

I  was wondering why does it take 3 days to build a warframe?

If you want a cynical (or realistic?) answer, it's so the "Rush With Platinum" option gets used 😛

Though personally, I find it also makes you appreciate that new Frame more when it's finally done cooking,
and it's always nice to find something new ready to use in your Foundry upon starting a new session.

21 minutes ago, phoenizmasterzhar said:

because not everyone always has time to spare to play the game

Hm, that argument doesn't quite compute.

If you don't play a lot, then you're not rapidly burning through Frames / gear in general (for Mastery),
each one (that you want to actually use) should keep you busy a good while in regards to maxing it out,
and when you're done, you might very well have another one waiting for you already.

10 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

If you want a cynical (or realistic?) answer, it's so the "Rush With Platinum" option gets used 😛

Though personally, I find it also makes you appreciate that new Frame more when it's finally done cooking,
and it's always nice to find something new ready to use in your Foundry upon starting a new session.

Hm, that argument doesn't quite compute.

If you don't play a lot, then you're not rapidly burning through Frames / gear in general (for Mastery),
each one (that you want to actually use) should keep you busy a good while in regards to maxing it out,
and when you're done, you might very well have another one waiting for you already.

Thanks for your reply it actually my first time using community chat and  I thought it would have been a good topic to  bring up

In this game there are, surprisingly, only four ways that the makers seem to actively push the idea of buying Platinum.

The first is the Weapon and Warframe Slots in your arsenal. Although those are fairly low-cost and can, by the time you actually need them, be bought with chump-change trades of random Prime parts for little amounts of Plat.

The second is that their Market highlights the Plat cost as the primary method of getting the frames while the Blueprints for most can be purchased and then built with farmed resources. Although since everything is usually priced outside of your free-starter-plat range this is usually something you get to later, and by that time you know that you can farm everything functional anyway.

The third is the most obvious with the Cosmetics costing either Plat or, for Tennogen on PC, straight up money. That you can't get around until you're really, really well-farmed and trading for regular amounts of Plat to keep going.

The build times are the fourth, and most sneaky, method. By basically asking you if you want to skip that for the low, low cost of 25 for this, or 50 for that, they are literally baiting without throwing it in your face.

But honestly, if you're only playing for an hour or so per day, like a lot of us, then what is really wrong with three days for a build? It's really only a problem for people trying to binge it quick, that's where it pulls you up short.