Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for 2 new Corpus bows

Hmm...interesting.

If somebody from DE sees this and wants me to make a model for it, send me a message. (Please keep in mind that I'm relatively new at 3D modeling, but I have sketches if they would rather have those)

I have ideas for a couple of new Corpus bows. One will be a laser bow, and the other is a lightning bow. I have great ideas for how they should look, but I would need to get approval from DE to model them.  Feel free to come up with names for each of these bows. I think these could bring some new life to bows the way the Lenz has in the past.

Unictu (Laser Bow)

Description: During charge up, you have an option to let it charge past the initial charge up, so holding the trigger for a long time would first do the initial charge, then it would have 3 ticks (3/4 of a second between each tick regardless of charge speed). With the first tick, a 1.5x damage multiplier is applied. With the second tick, a 

Travel Time: Hit scan (or real frickin fast)

Damage: 200 (35 Puncture, 165 Radiation)

Crit Chance: 32%

Crit Multiplier: 2.0x

Status Chance: 30%

Punch Through: 2 meters

Charge time: .5 Seconds

Reload Speed: .5 sec

Magazine: 1

Accuracy: 100

Possible Augment: Lasers bounce up to 5 times

Notes:

• The shot doesn't look like an Opticor beam, it's more like a stormtrooper rifle laser.
  • During charge up, you have an option to let it charge past the initial charge up, so holding the trigger for a long time would first do the initial charge, then it would have 3 ticks (3/4 of a second between each tick regardless of charge speed). With the first tick, a 1.5x damage multiplier is applied. With the second tick, you get a 2x damage multiplier, and forced radiation proc. With the third tick, you get the 2x multiplier, a forced radiation proc, infinite enemy punch through, and enemies hit are primed (like Nova's Molecular Prime).

Hessa Kara (Lightning Bow)

Description: Shoots a lightning bolt out of the bow that hits one enemy, but spreads to enemies within 5 meters. Enemies hit by the "linked" damage (when the bolt spreads) suffer only 75% of the initial hit, but are affected by everything else the same way (crit, status, etc.). The bow can be charged the standard .5 seconds, but it can also be charged further. If you charge it for 1.65 seconds, it will do 1.5x damage and force proc electricity. If you hold it for 2.65 seconds, it will do 2x damage and force proc both electricity and heat. Each "power threshold" has its own charge circle around the reticle (I imagine that the charge circles build up around each other, getting more transparent with each circle added for maintained visibility).

Travel Time: Hit scan

Damage:  200 (200 Electricity)

Crit Chance: 15%

Crit Multiplier: 2.0x

Status Chance: 30%

Punch Through: 0 meters

Charge time: .5 Seconds

Reload Speed: .5 sec

Magazine: 1

Accuracy: 100

Notes: I've calculated the charge times so that with a fully ranked Speed Trigger, the 3 charge times will be 0.23 seconds, 0.75 seconds, and 1.20 seconds. I've tested these draw times and they feel tuned well toward the type of gameplay you might see with a weapon like this. 

Edited by Hmm...interesting.

2 hours ago, INight00 said:

The first bow has some absurdly high stats, consider balancing it.

It seems like the first bow has really high stats, but I think it could be quite balanced since it wouldn't scale as well with armor. The thing that would make this bow much stronger is Hunter Munitions.

Edited by Hmm...interesting.

16 hours ago, Hmm...interesting. said:

It seems like the first bow has really high stats, but I think it could be quite balanced since it wouldn't scale as well with armor. The thing that would make this bow much stronger is Hunter Munitions.

Slap corrosive on it and the 3 ticks of dmg along with the high crit and status chance, it is pretty powerful.

16 hours ago, Hmm...interesting. said:

I'm debating whether or not I should scrap the extra charge things, since I first intended for it to be a fast paced weapon, but I kind of like that you could use it for both fast and slow paced gameplay.

Maybe a bow with an alternate fire as opposed to level of charge.

11 hours ago, INight00 said:

Slap corrosive on it and the 3 ticks of dmg along with the high crit and status chance, it is pretty powerful.

Well, if you think about it, the Vectis Prime does 150 more damage, similar crit and status stats, has a faster fire rate, and has a scope. With that in mind, this bow isn't that overpowered.