Feedback on Eidolon hunt

Parcival1107

Please warframe. i advise that whoever will carry out eidolon teralyst, gantulyst and hydrolyst hunt,, there should be a requirement. Because newbies joining eidolon hunt just end up dying., having useless no damage weapon, useless skills.  A burden to the team and a waste of time (left the squad, host migration etc.)

1. mastery 12 above.

2. Limit the amount of Warframe. for example(Trinity, Oberon, Harrow, Rhino, Chroma)

3. Should have operator mode and upgraded amps with 9000 void damage

4.Limit weapons. (rubico , lanka, vectis,  opticor, battacor, should only be used)example

5. matchmaking a team that should have appropriate damage to defeat 3 eidolons in 1 mission.

TY

Edited by Parcival1107

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Parcival1107:

Please warframe. i advise that whoever will carry out eidolon teralyst, gantulyst and hydrolyst hunt,, there should be a requirement. Because newbies joining eidolon hunt just end up dying., having useless no damage weapon, useless skills.  A burden to the team and a waste of time (left the squad, host migration etc.)

1. LVL 12 above.

2. Limit the amount of Warframe. for example(Trinity, Oberon, Harrow, Rhino, Chroma)

4.Limit weapons. (rubico , lanka, vectis,  opticor, battacor, should only be used)

5. matchmaking a team that should have appropriate damage to defeat 3 eidolons in 1 mission.

TY

1. you mean master rank or rank of the equipment? Doesnt make sense to me personally since there is technically already a requirement for being able to do them. Brute forcing it into queue would be possible i guess, but what are you gonna do about free roam where they could engage the eidolons anyways?
2. No. Freedom of Choice. Your suggestion is "either meta or nothing". It IS possible to do tridolon without the most meta parties, although some frames might be more mandatory than others (oberon or trinity for example)
3. half of this is at point 1. technically there is already this requirement. And not all amps have 9000 void damage iirc, so you'd limit the options more, just like in point 2
4. look at 2
5. I dont know how you could create such algorythm to work properly.

Edited by Airikr

hace 1 minuto, Parcival1107 dijo:

1. LVL 12 above.

4.Limit weapons. (rubico , lanka, vectis,  opticor, battacor, should only be used)

TY

1_ Lvl ? .... if you dont even know how things are call ingame you are way worst than the "noobs"

2_ ha , so we dont use volt now for  Eidolon O.o ? Again , seems you are the noob .

3_....ha .

4_ There is A LOT of weapon that can do it fine ... if you want "meta" weapons , go to recruitment .

5_And how do you expect the game calculate that ... some sort of magic ? .

you know i have experienced 3 eidolon hunt with a newbie team. 1 carrying limbo with ignis wraith, 1 player level 5 with amprex. 1 player with no basic amp equip. so with all this in your team can it defeat the 3 eidolons? no. it is a total waste of time attacking the eidolon. and what's worst? no reward given/

5 minutes ago, Airikr said:

1. you mean master rank or rank of the equipment? Doesnt make sense to me personally since there is technically already a requirement for being able to do them. Brute forcing it into queue would be possible i guess, but what are you gonna do about free roam where they could engage the eidolons anyways?
2. No. Freedom of Choice. Your suggestion is "either meta or nothing". It IS possible to do tridolon without the most meta parties, although some frames might be more mandatory than others (oberon or trinity for example)
3. half of this is at point 1. technically there is already this requirement. And not all amps have 9000 void damage iirc, so you'd limit the options more, just like in point 2
4. look at 2
5. I dont know how you could create such algorythm to work properly.

mastery rank i mean.  should start on konzu bounties to start mission. those on free roam. should be separated

Edited by Parcival1107

I agree we need some form of restriction for public matchmaking, I don't agree with frames/weapons locks. It's not practical in any way. Non-public should not have any restriction at all. Let people do whatever they want in premade groups.

Since Fortuna release public Eidolon hunts are a nightmare. It's filled with MR 10-15, most likely returning to the game, who have no idea what they're doing and simply shows up and are completely useless.

I would lock Tridolon public bounties behind a few solo Terralyst captures. Solo because it prevent people from being carried there, and the Terralyst is weak enough that it can be soloed fairly easily with anything but the mote amp (and even with the mote, I'm sure it's fairly easy). It forces people to understand the fight to some extent, so they're not completely lost when joining publics.

1 minute ago, Parcival1107 said:

you know i have experienced 3 eidolon hunt with a newbie team. 1 carrying limbo with ignis wraith, 1 player level 5 with amprex. 1 player with no basic amp equip. so with all this in your team can it defeat the 3 eidolons? no. it is a total waste of time attacking the eidolon. and what's worst? no reward given/

Pubs are pubs, that's just how it works. You can go to recruiting chat to get a specific loadout, or you can go pub and unexpect the expected.

7 minutes ago, Parcival1107 said:

Yep. My team, consisting of me and those 3, would take down Tridolon. Give them pointers on how the hunts work and tell them what they're doing wrong.

Granted, I'm not going to take them past Terry, but you get the idea.

1) You don't go pub if you want efficiency in Eidolon hunts.

2) You do not dictate how people play, especially in pubs

3) New players need to learn, if you are that experienced, teach them then...

4) If you want discussion you go GD if you are leaving feedback - you go to feedback section where your ideas are heard

5) What stoping you for recruiting a team, wait I'l take a silent guess...

6) I'm getting a "I want to leach and and not waste time on not experienced players" vibe from Mr. Elite here.

YW

Just now, Iamabearlulz said:

Yep. My team, consisting of me and those 3, would take down Tridolon. Give them pointers on how the hunts work and tell them what they're doing wrong.

Granted, I'm not going to take them past Terry, but you get the idea. 

The troubles start only on the thrid Eidolon with a bad group. You'll have a harder time getting through the shields while killing the numerous blooms and Vomvalysts showing up all the time. Especially since you're taking a lot of damage if this fight drags out for too long.

I'm used to people who deal 2% damage in public games, I have a ton of damage, and 1 other guy with a somewhat decent setup is more than enough to get all 3 Eidolon in 15 minutes. The problem is when those people don't even kill Vomvalysts/blooms, don't revive and don't take care of lures.

1 minute ago, PurrrningBoop said:

3) New players need to learn, if you are that experienced, teach them then... 

I have to disagree with that one.

When I started Eidolons, I watched a few Youtube video (and didn't understand anything that was going on), so instead I went solo Teralyst hunting. I most likely failed in the beginning, but I learned about the fight. I did at least a dozen of solo Teralyst, and even Gantulyst before joining public bounties.

You should at least know the fight and know how things work before joining public bounties. It's not a place to leech, people who never even captured solos Teralyst don't belong in there. Sure in the beginning you're not efficient and you don't know the tricks of Tridolon capture, but the majority of dead weights joining Tridolon bounties obviously didn't even bother look up what the fight is about.

7 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

5) What stoping you for recruiting a team, wait I'l take a silent guess... 

It's quite convenient to be able to simply jump a public bounty without any preparation. I'm not a huge fan of getting through recruiting chat and making groups that way personally.

9 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

6) I'm getting a "I want to leach and and not waste time on not experienced players" vibe from Mr. Elite here.

His post comes off as elitist for sure, but he's still right about the underlying problem. The game is too lenient with leechers. When someone who've never seen an Eidolon join a Tridolon capture with a random setup, it's not learning, it's leeching. It's disrespectful to people who are actually trying to learn properly. I was no pro when I did my first public bounties, and I was definitely lacking experience to join pre-made groups. The only place to learn is public bounties, but leechs will get in your way. When you learn you're not good enough to carry dead weights.

41 minutes ago, Parcival1107 said:

1. mastery 12 above.

4.Limit weapons. (rubico , lanka, vectis,  opticor, battacor, should only be used)example

TY

Hoping this is a joke.

Really glad DE doesn't cater to these Elitist Meta players.

Make a group if you get so salty about things like this. But do not restrict people pre MR12 from being able to build better amps. 

Void damage restriction on the activity which will give you standing to increase said damage. Are you for real OP?

it's kinda scary in a way: when you meet so many people that  are genuinely like this, you can no longer tell them apart from skilled trolls, so you have to take everything at face value.. there was a time threads like this were genuine trolls and we could all see it.. but now.. now I don't know what to think anymore.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it's kinda scary in a way: when you meet so many people that  are genuinely like this, you can no longer tell them apart from skilled trolls, so you have to take everything at face value.. there was a time threads like this were genuine trolls and we could all see it.. but now.. now I don't know what to think anymore.

In this post the guy is most likely pissed of his recent experience in game and wrote his post before cooling down. It's not well thought, and will get him a lot of bad comments, but it's still an opportunity for us to discuss the underlying issues.

First, I'd like to thank you for staying calm and bringing the temperature down, I, most definitely, jumped into a rage mode for some reason.

15 минут назад, O2D3nTe сказал:

When I started Eidolons, I watched a few Youtube video (and didn't understand anything that was going on), so instead I went solo Teralyst hunting, etc.

Same here, failed several times, but learned a lot. Unfortunately, this strategy is just one way of figuring the game out, some watch a guide and jump right in or simply join a pub to see what happens. I know several players who did not want to waste time watching a vid at the end of their day and wanted to understand the mechanics by practising live. The amount of fun we had with all the screams/banter/jokes and failures was high, enjoyable non the less.

21 минуту назад, O2D3nTe сказал:

It's quite convenient to be able to simply jump a public bounty without any preparation.

Agreed, but you take risks of getting into a squad that has little experience or carry non conventional frames or weapons due to a plethora of reasons. I think it's  fine, mostly. Public matchmaking was never a serious face type of thing, atleast I never expected it to be.

33 минуты назад, O2D3nTe сказал:

When someone who've never seen an Eidolon join a Tridolon capture with a random setup, it's not learning, it's leeching. It's disrespectful to people who are actually trying to learn properly.

True, leeching is disrespectful, but I think that there is a difference between a player who is trying to do his job, but doesn't fully understand the mechanics (most of the time it is possible to coordinate with them to do better) and that dude fishing/mining by lake. Imo, the latter has to go while the first one can stay and learn. The question is how to make them 100% automatically distinguishable.

Older/seasoned players have the necessary resources to do it, if they want of cource, there is chat and voice chat and if a player doesn't react or being toxic, there are ways to report them.

vor einer Stunde schrieb O2D3nTe:

but the majority of dead weights joining Tridolon bounties obviously didn't even bother look up what the fight is about.

How are they supposed to know they fights are hard without doing them? Did you look up every single Boss in the game before fighting them? I personally learned the Basic by trying in Pubs.things like "maybe try to void mode the spikes; thats what the Team is doing and they arent getting rekt" and the fact that snipers seems to be used alot instead of the tigris. Most Guides dont even bother with the Basics. The most efficient Way to learn imo is to try and improve upon your experience

Edited by Eisdschungel

30 minutes ago, Eisdschungel said:

How are they supposed to know they fights are hard without doing them? Did you look up every single Boss in the game before fighting them? I personally learned the Basic by trying in Pubs.things like "maybe try to void mode the spikes; thats what the Team is doing and they arent getting rekt" and the fact that snipers seems to be used alot instead of the tigris. Most Guides dont even bother with the Basics. The most efficient Way to learn imo is to try and improve upon your experience

They could at least read the wiki on the Teralyst though. At least know about what they're getting themselves into.

Well... There I go with my 5 forma Volt out the window....

Frankly, I agree there should be gating, 10 Teralyst hunts in under 10 min each or something alike.

But those suggestions of yours? Damn...

1. I've been grouped with MR25s who suck and MR10s who could carry, if this is to be a thing it should be MR5-6 or whatever was TWW

2.  If I had to go like you I'd even ban Rhino, as he is only used by those low to mid tier wana be limb breakers that rarely do anything else. Frame honestly doesn't matter if it's not a healer. If the player can 1-2 shot a limb I don't care if its Nyx.

3. Guess it wouldn't hurt that much to lock Tridolons, not Terry, behind a short quest requiring you to build any amp, but you're enforcing meta so bad its not funny.

4. But Why? Where do you draw the line if a weapon's worthy? What about a Vulkar Wraith with or a Snipetron with godly rivens, what about some secondaries?

5. Easier said than done, I've done it with 2 MR3s and a Trinity that was solely on lure duty in ~20 min, that doesn't quite match your expectation does it?

I've encounter too many intentional leechers or people who think that they should be getting first hand experience at Tridolons at MR5 with MK weapons to not agree there should be gating, but at this point this has been discussed so many times that I'd rather build a godlike frame and if the team is so useless, as long as they're not 100% intentional leechers I'll hard carry.

Your requirements are abit elitest.

While I agree that some gating should be used. Maybe an even easiler 'beginner' version that has to be compleated to unlock the other forms.

But some of the things like restricting warframes or the need for void damage, its downright daft.

If you dont want to risk this in matchmaking, make a party before launching. But dont gate off content.