Is it worth farming toroids?

JohnKable

Question

Title.

since looking in all the caves is not a thing for me, is it worth to do some long runs in the three locations where enemies can drop those things?

i get that are rare drops so it’s hard to tell an average outcome, but if I do for example an hour run with booster and a farming team will this be worth the time and effort?

must be said that I already have the toroids for Garuda, I just want to start leveling up little duck standing when I’m done with eudico’s daily cap. 

Just for for more clarity, an average of 10ish per hour would be fine for me

Edited by JohnKable

7 answers to this question

Haven't checked since the last patch but I was able to get anywhere from 2-8 in 20 minutes doing solo with a booster for around 20-30mins.  Spaceport was painfully slow as the spawns are/were bugged and the drop rate seemed lower. 

Personally I feel the drop rates are too low because I shouldn't need to be running a booster to get 'acceptable' returns on what is likely to be a commodity resource seeing as it's going onto cosmetics. 

Idk how I did that, but one time I got 3 Toroids (total) in ~5-10min while at the Enrichment Labs by killing unalerted enemies (I wasn't farming, it just... happened), yet people say that you "need" max alert level to get those to drop, so I'm a bit confused.

I haven't used a stealth frame yet in the Orb Vallis, so I haven't tested further. Maybe it was just dumb luck, who knows. 

49 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

emm... i really doubt it's needed. just take a look at Eidolons, thousands upon thousands of cores as drops from hunts.

I know that, but I have nothing to do after capping my Solaris standing. 

Its more for having little duck already level and grab the new amp parts quicker rather than anything else.

just asked to know if it was something feasible or not. So far I didn’t get many toroids overall

50 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

emm... i really doubt it's needed. just take a look at Eidolons, thousands upon thousands of cores as drops from hunts.

As we don't know how many will drop from the various Orbs, along with the fact that we don't know what we will have available to us and at what cost, I stand by my statement.

16 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Idk how I did that, but one time I got 3 Toroids (total) in ~5-10min while at the Enrichment Labs by killing unalerted enemies (I wasn't farming, it just... happened), yet people say that you "need" max alert level to get those to drop, so I'm a bit confused.

I haven't used a stealth frame yet in the Orb Vallis, so I haven't tested further. Maybe it was just dumb luck, who knows. 

RNG :) Max alert level is simply recommended to increase spawns aka increase drop chance.