Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime warframes or regular warframes?

iesous27

Question

I've been a bit curious about this for a while, but very simple question:

Should I invest the time to get prime warframes or just stick with regular warframes?

From my knowledge, there's very little difference between prime and regular warframes for the exception of a bit more shield, health, and mod capacity (and maybe something else I'm missing). 

Originally Prime Frames only had different mod polarities, which you could match with a few more Forma in the base Frame. However, later Prime Frames started getting stat upgrades. At base, they don't seem like much, but when multiplied by mods, those bonuses become more substantial.

Of course, this doesn't make the normal Frame worthless by any means. It just makes the Prime a little better.

Personally, I go with the Prime Frames whenever I can, but if I happen to have the normal Frame and not the Prime, that's fine. Eventually I'll get the Prime Frames; I don't have to have it right this second.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

Originally Prime Frames only had different mod polarities, which you could match with a few more Forma in the base Frame. However, later Prime Frames started getting stat upgrades. At base, they don't seem like much, but when multiplied by mods, those bonuses become more substantial.

Of course, this doesn't make the normal Frame worthless by any means. It just makes the Prime a little better.

Personally, I go with the Prime Frames whenever I can, but if I happen to have the normal Frame and not the Prime, that's fine. Eventually I'll get the Prime Frames; I don't have to have it right this second.

Great, I think I've made up my mind. I'll collect the normal frames first to get the MR points, and then collect the prime frames after I'm done with that.