Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Nintendo Switch: ACCOUNT MIGRATION!

[DE]Rebecca

Everything you need to know:

With the upcoming launch of Warframe on Nintendo Switch™ , you will be able to migrate your account from PC to the Switch!

Don't worry - your PC account remains completely intact and playable after migration.

Read on for full info on account migration:

The first thing you need to know is that you can only transfer accounts from PC to Nintendo Switch. Account Migration is not available from PS4 or Xbox to Nintendo Switch or PC.

To migrate your PC Warframe account to Nintendo Switch, you’ll need an existing Warframe Account on Nintendo Switch. When you perform account migration from PC to Nintendo Switch, a copy of your PC account will be created and transferred to your Nintendo Switch account.

Keep in mind Tenno, once migrated, the two accounts act as separate accounts. Which means that you won’t share progress between them!

All existing Nintendo Switch Account progress will be overwritten by your PC account. All Platinum and goods purchased on Nintendo Game Store before you migrate accounts will be added to your new migrated account. Any items purchased in-game with Platinum on Nintendo Switch will be overwritten and the Platinum will be returned to your new migrated account. If you purchase an item with Credits on Nintendo Switch, it will be overwritten by your PC account.

If you have purchased Platinum on PC, it will not be transferred to your Nintendo Switch account. Same goes for any items in your PC account that are not available on Nintendo Switch, those items will not transfer with your account. (A full list of items that won’t transfer will be available with the launch of the migration program.)

Clan information will also not transfer from PC. You will have to start or join a new clan on Nintendo Switch! If you join a Clan before performing account migration, that Clan information will not be overwritten by your PC account. Similarly, your Nintendo Switch account’s Friend List will not be overwritten, but your Friends List will not transfer over from your PC account.

Account sharing or selling is strictly prohibited by the Terms of Use and Digital Extremes reserves the right to suspend/ban both PC and Nintendo Switch accounts. PC to Nintendo Switch account migration can only be done once and can not be reversed. Be sure to double check all Warframe account details and Nintendo Network ID before you migrate!

We look forward to raising up our Joy-Con™s with you on November 20, Tenno!

Check out our Switch News area for updates and more: https://www.warframe.com/?category=switch

I'd rather start fresh with a new account, but it's nice to have this possibility. However, them acting as separate accounts makes it kinda useless for PC players - few people are willing to farm twice for the same things. So unless one plans on migrating to the Switch and play exclusively on it, I don't see the point.

Thanks for the update, its a shame you cant transfer from PS4 or xbox to switch. Hopefully thats something that will be fixed soon.

I was really looking forward to this on switch coming from pc and ps4 but knowing plat wont transfer kind of kills some of the hype for me. 

16 minutes ago, plope125 said:

I was really looking forward to this on switch coming from pc and ps4 but knowing plat wont transfer kind of kills some of the hype for me. 

It's kind of obvious they aren't going to double your platinum.

43 minutes ago, Parzii said:

So if I transfer my account to switch, I don't lose my progress on PC?

Correct. same as with the PS4 and Xbox "migrations". it really is jut a copy.

42 minutes ago, KapitanArbuz said:

You can migrate, but without shared progress? That's honestly stupid

Its meant to give a user boost. Nothing more.

I was really hyped and happy about the migration on my nintendo switch . Really disappointed after i read that all progress are not shared. I mean, i love the portable way that i can farm all my materials when i'm not at home. But why it's not syncronized/shared? Switch is meant to be portable and it was an amazing idea, but progress MUST be syncronized. Please, work it on because is a mandatory feature at least to me. I mean, i play on both so PC and Switch. It has no sense to me that i have to do double things for what? Sorry but the idea was amazing, the fact that can't be shared it's not.

It honestly doesnt make sense why console transfers cannot happen! DE Support can access and help console accounts if there is a problem so transferring that information from one platform to another shouldnt be that difficult. I want to play on the Switch but not if I have to start the entire process over.

Archived