Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Nintendo Switch: ACCOUNT MIGRATION!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, BeGaDaButcher said:

G'day!

Super excited about the warframe switch version! Really looking forward to playing on the go and to draw friends and family into the game that have switches and no PC's.

The ability to transfer over my 3.7k hours of progress and purchases over for free is just so fantastic! Thanks again DE!!!!

I am trying to prep my PC account a bit before I transfer and I have some questions that I am not sure on if anyone/any DE folks can help me with:

1) Currently active boosters on PC account: Do they transfer to the switch account as well after the migration?

2) At what stage do you have to have the nintendo warframe account at before the migration? (IE can you transfer the account before getting all the basic tutorials completed / modules on the liset 

3) Star chart progress: Is this also transferred? (IE I will be able to play arbitrations for example right away on the switch). Same question but in regards to school/syndicate standings etc?

Thanks so much for this free service!

2. I should be in any stage, it said that some stuff would / would not override the nintendo account.

• All existing Nintendo Switch account progress will be overwritten by your PC account.

So now no plat no arcanes no rivens no acolyte mods. Why bother moving anything now I have every frame with no plat to reforma all the empty riven slots you have left me with to forma for a new mod or to fix all frames that need to be reforma'd since I don't have the arcanes that use to compensate for certain  mods. You where better off not migrating anything since that's pretty much what you did gg DE

I really hope that DE will get their heads around the idea of shared progress, otherwise I feel pity for Switch Warframe community (there's no reason to play Warframe specifically on Switch as while a decent port, it's a subpar experience and require you to be online anyway).

2 hours ago, Marrond said:

I really hope that DE will get their heads around the idea of shared progress, otherwise I feel pity for Switch Warframe community (there's no reason to play Warframe specifically on Switch as while a decent port, it's a subpar experience and require you to be online anyway).

Like on any platform...
So what does that have to do with anything?

2 minutes ago, Hyrenfreak123 said:

so does that mean if i transfer my pc stuff to switch that i will still be able to have all my stuff on pc, but it will also be on the switch, then I will have the exact same stuff on pc and switch?

Yes, you will end up with two accounts, exactly the same.
Only stuff that doesn't exist on the Switch doesn't get transfered.

6 minutes ago, Hyrenfreak123 said:

awesome, do you know how long we have to do this, or do they usualy at least announce when it ends at some point?

No idea, sorry.
I would assume it's open until next year, because a lot of people will get a Switch for X-mas.
But so far I've yet to see an exact date.

3 hours ago, JesmoDK said:

Let me try again: It says after doing the migration it 

• You will now be redirected to Nintendo to confirm your Nintendo Network ID.

This does NOT happen! I am stuck. WHAT TO DO?!?!?!?

I did not get redirected to confirm my Nintendo Network ID, either. Maybe because I was already logged in to it on Nintendo's website, maybe for some different reason? The transfer went to the correct account on my Switch anyway, so when I closed Warframe (which crashed my Switch, btw) and opened it again my things had been copied over.
Rebecca might want to look into this.

3 hours ago, Desalater said:

can i copy my account to a switch my son uses to play seeing as the accounts are seperate and progress seperately once copied? or is that going to be classed as account sharing?

Yes you may. Once you have a Switch Warframe account you can follow the instructions to copy your current PC account to your Switch account. After that the two are separate for both of you to do separate things. Please make sure to read the latest FAQ concerning what will not be transferred over found here:

The transfer works properly, the game runs quite smoothly on the Switch (although I wish I could turn off bloom and motion blur...), and matches load just as well as on PC.  

I'm uninstalling from my Switch immediately and will continue to enjoy on PC.  All the things I would want to do or use do not transfer over, or it's because the Switch version is on Mask of the Revenant and I'm having too much fun in the new expansion and the new content.  I'm sure this release will be incredibly successful for players who do not have a good gaming PC, are on the go more than in front of a computer, or who have never played Warframe and are starting from scratch.  Great experience for them, literally useless for players like me.

Archived