[DE]Rebecca

Warframe on Nintendo Switch: ACCOUNT MIGRATION!

3 minutes ago, ragingtonberries said:

The transfer works properly, the game runs quite smoothly on the Switch (although I wish I could turn off bloom and motion blur...), and matches load just as well as on PC.  

I'm uninstalling from my Switch immediately and will continue to enjoy on PC.  All the things I would want to do or use do not transfer over, or it's because the Switch version is on Mask of the Revenant and I'm having too much fun in the new expansion and the new content.  I'm sure this release will be incredibly successful for players who do not have a good gaming PC, are on the go more than in front of a computer, or who have never played Warframe and are starting from scratch.  Great experience for them, literally useless for players like me.

Wouldn't it be great, if you could just jump seamlessly back and forth between PC and Switch on a continuous basis with shared progress 😉

• Upvote 1

I think some players are missing the point of this.  the migration wasn't really targeted to those that play on PC and planned on stay playing on PC, it was more for those that were planning on ditching the PC for the switch.  Now they have the option of having an advanced account while playing in one of the two instead of having just 1 account and having to start over on the other.

I'm liking the option, I missed the PS4 migration thinking the same thing "why would I if no sync" or "why would I play on both" then I downloaded the PS4 and saw myself spending a lot of time just catching up, this made me just switch back to PC even though I have friends playing on the console. 

This time I won't make that mistake, I'll copy my account and if I want to start over I would just make a new frame and play the planets like everyone else, but at least I'll have the option of just jumping into a leveled frame and enjoying some advance play as well. 

Then if I get bored of the switch, I can just jump in to PC.  

Getting my switch to where my PS4 and PC accounts are would probably cost more than buying a new PC.. so this works perfectly for me.  

Edited by lothmak

Just a thought DE maybe you guys can let the veterans keep 1 of the highest rank of each of there arcanes/mods and either replace our current rivens with veiled ones or at least allow you to bring maybe 5 with you from pc. The veteran players are needed to help the new ones getting through content and taking away some of our ability to do so really makes it undesirable . 

Will this option be available after Christmas or can I link it without a Nintendo Switch until then? That's when I will get my new Switch and I'm sure a lot of other people too. Would be a little disappointing if people received a switch for Christmas and hoped to migrate their accounts when the time for it has passed.

Edited by SlowDaBroski

Am 20.11.2018 um 22:35 schrieb (XB1)Lootcifer667:

And why does it work with Fortnite? We need clarification from DE, they are the only ones what can tell us why Console players get the short end of the stick.

Probably because they try out all the new Hotfixes on PC first and then send the perfect version for Cert for the consoles?

Hi.

I'm on Xbox One and I was waiting for those info to see if I would buy a switch but only if there was a shared progression (no way I'm restarting all over again ^^) like on fortnite, I think.

A shame but anyway, welcome to NinTenno!

• Upvote 1

On 2018-11-21 at 10:37 AM, WhiteMarker said:

Like on any platform...
So what does that have to do with anything?

Switch is a mobile platform. That's what it has to do with it.

Just now, Marrond said:

Yeah... and if you want to play an online-game, you will need an internet-connection.
So saying it's a subpar experience because of the needed internet is just wrong.

Just now, Marrond said:

Yeah... and if you want to play an online-game, you will need an internet-connection.
So saying it's a subpar experience because of the needed internet is just wrong.

*Authorization is not required to play Warframe on Nintendo Switch. If you decide to decline and then want to reauthorize later on, go to your Profile in the Main Menu and select the Web Authorization setting.

Ok, so this is the statement on the migration page if you don't link your accounts right away to migrate when you first start playing.  Problem is.... I can't find that option in game at all.  Anyone seeing it?  Because I evidently botched the initial login and now have separate PC and NSW accounts that aren't linked and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them that way.

On 2018-11-17 at 5:01 AM, OrrLine said:

Please allow migration from PC to PS4 My PC will not hold the next update ... it has 32bit (2 ram). I never even got to play in Eidolon, and on earth is already crashing ... lags, bugs ... almost impossible to play. I am Mr 24, My game was very limited with these updates ... Let me migrate my PC account to PS4 and continue with my game Please !!

We only can hope on this .. 

i want to play with this account on ps4 and pc .. but ended up with 2 diffrent accounts instead . so not much of an big deal tho but iam realy feel bad if iam seeing pc to switch migration

and they can play with the same account . ok some items won't be transferd thats an realy big bummer for the Honest people 

but still i think that this should be treathed equaly

Does anyone with programming knowledge know what the challenges are with cross progression? Is it due to it being tied with cross-play? I understand that cross play is very challenging with PC due to the different content release schedules - but being able to sync MR/Affinity/resource farming etc doesn't seem overly complicated? I just migrated my account from PC to Switch, and all my Fortuna items just don't appear, why is it such a challenge to do the same in reverse on a regular basis? ie pulling and updating the same database, and just hiding items that are from future content releases?

Show less

I have a question about this because I migrated my account over and went on the list of things that wouldn’t transfer over but I didnt see argón scope on that list but it’s not on my switch account. So is this intentional? 

I have a question about this because I migrated my account over and went on the list of things that wouldn’t transfer over but I didnt see argón scope on that list but it’s not on my switch account. So is this intentional? 

I would like to know if there is any chance the console players could migrate. I already sold my Xbox a fair time ago to get the switch and it would be really cool to have my account migrated. If it's just not possible to do so, could I ask why? I'm assuming the consoles will all go to the 1 month behind PC state so I dont know if it's a build problem, but Im just curious. Thank you!

I don't know if anyone notice it on the switch, but the build for the switch is before Chroma, but you can buy Chroma from the eshop... I been on PC for two years as this first time I poke my nose in wf on console. Sorry if I sound stupid xD

I'm not sure if anyone else is struggling with this, but I'm finding that when I try to migrate my PC account over, it doesn't redirect me to the Nintendo Switch login page, but simply says "Sorry you need a Nintendo switch account on Warframe first" I have a Nintendo Switch account, is that what it is asking for? Or do I need to do something else? How do I show that I have an account? I've looked all over the web, and no one seems to have any answers, so my last resort is posting here. Please help guys!

12 hours ago, IcyReaper1708 said:

You should check the further restrictions, arcanes, riven and acolyte mods won't pass over, argon scope falls in that category.

On 2018-11-22 at 1:42 PM, WhiteMarker said:

No, this is your assumption - I didn't say it's subpar because of needing internet connection (also according to interview with DE they DO try to figure out how to make Warframe offline available on Switch right now without compromising security), I've added it on top of other problems - there's "and" between these two in my post. It's a subpar experience because of massive input lag, low framerate (game runs below 30fps even in normal missions, on Cetus it's a slideshow) - as in, it's ok to play it on a side from time to time but not to main as a platform. Hence why having sync with any other platform progress is a must if Switch community is to have anyone to play around with.

Remember that Nintendo (and later Microsoft) didn't go for crossplay (and before you make another assumption I don't ask for crossplay, but it addresses these platforms issues) from the godness of their heart but because their playerbase interested in online play is non-existent outside of Splatoon 2. A game like Warframe REQUIRES a lot of people playing it to work for everyone involved.

Edited by Marrond

I am LIVID about these ridiculous restrictions, do you have any concept for how many weapon builds of mine you have broken because you removed my rivens?

You have any idea how many weapons I now have with detrimental D polarities?

Here's a way to fix things: Give us back our PC rivens and MAKE THEM UNTRADEABLE. PLEASE.

Edited by Reynard_Fox