Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Nintendo Switch: ACCOUNT MIGRATION!

[DE]Rebecca

Le 20/11/2018 à 17:57, Bakim0n0 a dit :

Uhhh I'd rather not grind all the stuff I got on my PC account again just to be on even ground to even start grinding.

Not sure how you can say that people don't want to grind the same stuff twice and not see the point in a transfer in the same breath.

What's your point ?

On 2018-11-16 at 12:37 PM, WhiteMarker said:

And why is that? How would you share progress? I mean, Switch and PC will have different versions of the game. How would that work? It would be way too much work to make that happen. Just play on one platform. Easy as that.

The answer to this is pretty simple. Work on getting both platforms to the same patch number. This would be hugely beneficial to the Warframe community as a whole. Unfortunately it will never happen because Nintendo is simply not going to allow last minute hotfixes that could compromise the security of their platform. DE would have to massively up their QA game.  

1 hour ago, Saleryn said:

The answer to this is pretty simple. Work on getting both platforms to the same patch number. This would be hugely beneficial to the Warframe community as a whole. Unfortunately it will never happen because Nintendo is simply not going to allow last minute hotfixes that could compromise the security of their platform. DE would have to massively up their QA game.  

The benefits will never outweight the costs to so that. So no, it wouldn't ne hugely beneficial. It would ne that, je there were no costs involved... 

The amount of QA time needed, and the money you would have to give Nintendo for quicker Patches... DE won't make more money from Crossplay or Cross-progress. Both things are gimmicks, but nothing else.

People don't play Games because of the Crossplay. People may like Crossplay,  but it doesn't generate a bigger audience. Making Crossplay happen, means DE is just spending money without making money.

So where do i go to actually link my account? on the website it just says successfully migrated but my nintendo account email is different from my PC email is there a way to actually link it still? because i have no clue what my PC account linked to. it never redirected me to the nintendo site

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XB1)CrashKing1:

Why is there no account transfer to switch from Xbox 

A. Probably Because the accounts are saved probably on Microsoft and Sony Servers for their Platform and as they would actually give in and copy the Progress of a game from their company to a different version from someone elses company where they have the game aswell.
B. Its probably really time intense

aside from losing access to my Excalibur prime when porting to the switch, i'm enjoying who im seeing so far. my old PC is just well, too old to keep up with the PC builds of warframe without heavy lag issues, but i can still enjoy warfame on my brand new Switch with Zero lag time. i'm highly impressed! i can get my warframe fix on the go! ❤️

that being said, would love to see the option of being to be able to port my PC account to Xbox one in a similar manner to who it is working currently for porting to the switch. as in PC exclusive stuff doesn't carry over (obviously) and that plats don't carry over from PC to the porting of xbox one, while needing to buy platnium threw xbox1's mumbo jumbo for use on said system. i have friends who moved over to the xbox one early on long before my household acquired the system recently, and would love to have the chance to bring my PC progress over so i can enjoy playing with friends online on the xbox one (since apparently no one i know is porting to switch like i did. but to be fair, that's a slim list of folks to begin with so there's that as well')

all in all im impressed with the port.

On 2018-11-24 at 10:44 PM, Saleryn said:

I think the answer is simpler than that. Why cant they share progress with different patches? Progress sync is really just syncing a database - Im sure this could happen across patches. It is certainly a programme of work, and one that is not directly tied to net new rev, but I think it would give the Switch Port a big boost in getting more existing players. 

Im not sure about everyone else, but i have yet to get into a higher level alert or sortie with another player - perhaps shared progression would be more likely to get PC players to also play on switch? 

On 2018-11-25 at 8:18 AM, Venma said:

So where do i go to actually link my account? on the website it just says successfully migrated but my nintendo account email is different from my PC email is there a way to actually link it still? because i have no clue what my PC account linked to. it never redirected me to the nintendo site

Check if you are connected to your switch account on your browser. If you are, then it linked you with that nintendo account.

9 hours ago, Mesquite said:

Do we have an estimate yet for when the migration option will end? I'd like to do it, but I'm greedily finishing up some final ZAWs and Kubrow/Kavat so I don't have to do them twice.

Nothing official on the migration window from DE as yet - but that's the burning question.

Sets a bar as to how far (content-wise) we'll be able to wait before doing the migration so we don't lose progress. For example if the *rumoured* timeline for Fortuna coming to Switch early next year is accurate, will that fall inside the window, or do we have to cut our losses and migrate before?

Im enjoying the switch version so far but i am concerned about how much trouble it appears other players in my groups are having with the joycon/aiming aswell as the hacking terminals.

Theres allot of major playability issues plaguing switch. hopefully they're resolved fast by the developers.

7 hours ago, CarrotSalad said:

Im enjoying the switch version so far but i am concerned about how much trouble it appears other players in my groups are having with the joycon/aiming aswell as the hacking terminals.

Theres allot of major playability issues plaguing switch. hopefully they're resolved fast by the developers.

I played the PS4 version (before jumping to PC permanently), but I did find it a little hard to aim on the Switch. I wound up slide attacking everything (which was pretty easy to do with the controls). The gyro+right stick aiming feels like it could be good but would take a lot of getting used to. The hacking games, for some reason, seem to have a 1 second input lag that is not present elsewhere in the game. So, after seeing that, it became very easy to just tap the A button a little earlier. I was able to hack the simple terminals in a single pass once I was used to that odd input lag.

It's a crazy achievement though, how well it runs on the Switch. I'd still like to get as much done as possible before I migrate.

44 minutes ago, Mesquite said:

I played the PS4 version (before jumping to PC permanently), but I did find it a little hard to aim on the Switch.

Funny that i've had the reverse effect im finding aiming on Switch almost easier than i do on my gaming PC with a premium gaming mouse and keyboard. If not for the slow FPS of the switch.

54 minutes ago, Mesquite said:

seem to have a 1 second input lag that is not present elsewhere in the game

I would say theres also input lag when doing bullet jumps and trying to move through a level at speed. Doesnt feel as break neck responsive as it does on PC.

On 2018-12-01 at 9:29 PM, MrMemeinator said:

what the hickedy heck, why is there PC --> Switch but no PC --> PS4? I get it was done back in a summer, but why not again?

i think the 2 more logical reasons would be approval from sony, and second being on the same build i guess (second one not sure as much since the switch on older one)

On 2018-12-01 at 10:29 PM, MrMemeinator said:

what the hickedy heck, why is there PC --> Switch but no PC --> PS4? I get it was done back in a summer, but why not again?

(and sorry still signed in on my Migrated account's Forum Name, its the same across PS4 PC and Switch 😄 i sadly got friends who have potato pc's on both sides of the platform spectrum)
it was a limited time thing to populate the platforms quicker, new people dont exactlly want to be in a near empty game, if in the rare case say PS4 or Xbox Communities suffer a Massive Depopulation, Maybe, but doubtful.

as for the window? i think they vaguely said in one of the last 2 dev streams something about shortly after the new year,  the Dec14th deadline that shows on the eShop and Switch blog section is only talking about the beginner Starter pack of credits n plat.  best bet? likely the same time the PS4 and xbox transfer time windows were open originally.

Cross play is something DE is not throwing out the window as you'll haveto go back quite a few streams but they have said its "in our thoughts and plans for sure but not in the immediate Future." given they cant release hotfixes just nilly-willy at when the Mucking ever in the same manner they can with PC to Consoles,  PCs likely will never have cross play w/ any of the 3, However we're likely to see potential crossplay with Switch/Xbox at worst and all 3 at the best of it. since they stated once fortuna hits the switch, Console updates will roll out in a uniform release for all 3. (switch likely got the older build to make it easier to get out before the end of the year and get initial bugs out and get a switch-fortuna build ready for 2019.)

Account cross-sync however wont happen on principle due to steam needs to make thier cut on tennogen/steam paid by plat/Microsoft and sony and now nintendo need to make their share on plat sales and Prime access/Prime Vault access etc. and keeping licensing uniform for tennogen is already likely a nightmare for DE as is (probably why all tennogen was blacklisted on migration, they haveto re-license everything *again*

and w/ Founder items not transferring? the only thought comes to mind is a legal one to save their arses, they cant be certain that the Switch account will be the Founders, stay in the Founder's hands or the Switch itself will stay with the founder, and they are bound by contract to everyone who bought the 100/200USD packages back then that the Skanna Prime, Lato Prime and Excal Prime in its entirety in its original form will never be re-released, or given out to non-founders.  (china Warframe's another kettle of fish with thier laws about Limited content etc. and i share teh same sentiment w/ founds being up in arms Still about how they can still get those and how theres supposedly an Umbra Excal Prime.)

1 hour ago, (NSW)CaelThunderwing said:

Account cross-sync however wont happen on principle due to steam needs to make thier cut on tennogen/steam paid by plat/Microsoft and sony and now nintendo need to make their share on plat sales and Prime access/Prime Vault access etc. and keeping licensing uniform for tennogen is already likely a nightmare for DE as is (probably why all tennogen was blacklisted on migration, they haveto re-license everything *again*

Im not sure about this. I think it would be possible. In fortnite, I can purchase a session pass on my Switch, and it syncs to my Xbox and PC account.  

5 hours ago, Dosed11 said:

Im not sure about this. I think it would be possible. In fortnite, I can purchase a session pass on my Switch, and it syncs to my Xbox and PC account.  

Epic Games can afford to deal with making it work, DE's far deal smaller and not as well off in that respect. it would burn money and along the fact fortnite the game version is the same across all platforms outside maybe one or 2 few platform exclusive cosmetics, game builds do lag a fair deal between PC and console arent always teh same. what is 23.5.0 on the switch (for example) may not be the exact same 23.5.0 build PC saw, data loss prevention is something DE takes seriously(this is why 1: your told to stay in mission when an hotfix on PC is being rolled out, [Server 's Database for Player data likely goes Read-Only while Updated World-Content is installed. while likely player data is also backed up.,] 2: after a hotfix you have 15 mins to finish what your doing if in-mission or if in orbiter you cannot do anything that changes account info (foundry/loudout/market purchase/enter alerts etc.) till you restart to update.

there's more to consider for a small company like DE than "XXX game can do it so why cant they?" (time, Money, Size, Effort, Complexity, additional strain on servers, uniformity of game Data, etc) (and yes Microsoft and Sony do have a Rapid Cert process it costs an absurd amount for a small company to constantly be pushing update after update after update doing so because its an extra charge more than the normal process they already deal with. )

Simply put the ever fast Development phase Warframe is in is Why, it would haveto slow down drastically, (double edge sword of ticking off vets and casuals alike and how they use PC for their bug testing as the millions of PC players  put the game thru so many scenarios that cant be possible in testing at thier offices) and by slowing down More bugs stay longer, more updates will have high chances of getting rejected during QA & Cert processes and longer gaps of Content Drought which not only drive off existing players but drive away new players that just looking into the game or that just started.

Archived