Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Nintendo Switch: ACCOUNT MIGRATION!

[DE]Rebecca

3 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

This all seems a bit too clunky to me - it should be way easier to migrate and share accounts on the different platforms - let alone possible.

And why is that? How would you share progress? I mean, Switch and PC will have different versions of the game. How would that work? It would be way too much work to make that happen. Just play on one platform. Easy as that.

9 minutes ago, Adams said:

But why it's not syncronized/shared? Switch is meant to be portable and it was an amazing idea, but progress MUST be syncronized.

Different versions of the game...
How would it be possible to share anything? And is the portable mode of the Switch able to connect to the internet? If not, you can't play Warframe on the go...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CypherX98 said:

It honestly doesnt make sense why console transfers cannot happen! DE Support can access and help console accounts if there is a problem so transferring that information from one platform to another shouldnt be that difficult. I want to play on the Switch but not if I have to start the entire process over.

You are customer of Sony. Why would they allow you to leave and spend your money elsewhere?
No, console to console transfer won't happen.

This makes me so sad... As a MR25 1 year player, I will not be playing on switch. There is no reason for me to do things twice if I want my pc account to be my main source of play time. I was really hoping there would be cross save functionality. 

My laptop died a couple years ago, so I’m glad I can pick up where I left off, but...

If we traded for the plat, can we please have it back? =D

If not, I’d accept Chroma Prime or Mesa Prime in exchange, since I already have Mag Prime from way back when! 😜

Meanwhile, Sony isn’t likely to offer account transfers ever, even if they’re hemorrhaging money and about to enter bankruptcy. Also, maybe there weren’t enough lapsed XBox Tenno to make it worthwhile.

And, finally, SwitchFrame will be one update behind Fortuna, going off of this...

https://nintendoeverything.com/warframe-switch-fact-sheet-launch-and-post-launch-content-voice-chat-pc-account-migration-more/

27 minutes ago, Jayxe56 said:

This makes me so sad... As a MR25 1 year player, I will not be playing on switch. There is no reason for me to do things twice if I want my pc account to be my main source of play time. I was really hoping there would be cross save functionality. 

Exactly. Same to me. Idea is amazing, while not at home playing and farming. I hope for a cross save / share too

Lmao people thinking there would be cross-saves. If xbox and ps4 never got that, why would switch. 
Just do AS MUCH as possible on PC before the file copy so you don't have to repeat too much.
I'll have PC as my main play, but my switch will be for roadtrips/family visits

Will there be an option to create Nintendo Switch accout on Warframe Site, so i will be able to migrate my Pc Account even before i buy Switch?

It would be really appreciated, because I am going to buy this Nintendo's master piece but not before the new year, but still want to have copy of my Pc account on it.

Too much pain doing it all from scratch.

1 hour ago, Adams said:

Really disappointed after i read that all progress are not shared. I mean, i love the portable way that i can farm all my materials when i'm not at home. But why it's not syncronized/shared? Switch is meant to be portable and it was an amazing idea, but progress MUST be syncronized. Please, work it on because is a mandatory feature at least to me. I mean, i play on both so PC and Switch. It has no sense to me that i have to do double things for what? Sorry but the idea was amazing, the fact that can't be shared it's not.

I agree completely. The thing I was most excited about with Warframe switch was the ability to grab my switch, and keep playing warframe on the go.  Without shared progress it will be difficult for me to justify playing on two systems.  Could we perhaps have a two way synchronization function? Maybe a send to switch, or send back to pc option? 

Even without shared progress,  If I could synchronize on the regular this would be completely worth it.  If not, I'm sorry but I'll likely stick with the PC.

6 hours ago, KapitanArbuz said:

You can migrate, but without shared progress? That's honestly stupid

That's how it's been the whole time. There wasn't shared progress when pc was able to migrate to consoles, and for sufficient reason because look at where consoles are on the update builds compared to pc.

I have a Switch discuss group which have around 100 player in there, there is someone who sneak in and tell us.

"Hey, if you are new to Warframe and want to play the Switch version develop quicker, why not get the account copy who is veteran player?“

Now the new business has being created, the seller who claim will never touch the switch version, can sell their account copy to these one who want to open the new world with the seller's resource(like rare mod,riven mod, prime parts etc) or the buyer just collect these account to sell these trade-able items to new players on switch version.

So I wonder how DE deal such kind of problems, just group into another RMT problem? Or restrict the trade in some way?

I haven't played in ages. Been maining console for ages but would love to get back into it on Switch. I guess my main question is with all the improvements DE has added, did they fix the map in a way that progressing in the story is a little more linear and easy to follow? I'm afraid to migrate my 460hr account if it means I'll be completely lost as to where I was. I know they've added a ton of story campaign timeline things. 

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

I would have bought a switch for Warframe if the migration was possible from PS4. It would have suit my play style a lot more, only one TV to share with my wife, but to start it over on switch and not be able to still use what I payed on PS4 is too much for me.

Too bad.:sadcry:

A TV could be cheaper than a Switch?

8 hours ago, Retrijeuj said:

I'd rather start fresh with a new account, but it's nice to have this possibility. However, them acting as separate accounts makes it kinda useless for PC players - few people are willing to farm twice for the same things. So unless one plans on migrating to the Switch and play exclusively on it, I don't see the point.

Maybe some people would wanna play with friends who are new to warframe and dont want to start with a fresh account.

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Same goes for any items in your PC account that are not available on Nintendo Switch, those items will not transfer with your account. (A full list of items that won’t transfer will be available with the launch of the migration program.)

is it REALLY so hard to make said items locked until they are available on the switch via patch O_o......why the hek would i want to copy from pc to switch then.......the plat i can KINDof understand....but its still kind of lame.

7 hours ago, JesterTheNight said:

Why not on PS4 and Xbone too? I've been waiting years to migrate on PS4!

Because PS4 and Xbox are competitors with the Switch and are far too greedy to let your Warframe account slip out of their fingers.

Don't blame DE for Sony and Microsoft console greed.

Archived