Jump to content
[DE]Rebecca

Warframe on Nintendo Switch: ACCOUNT MIGRATION!

Recommended Posts

Maybe allow us like each two month to update account?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Annihilism said:

Great news! Will we be informed when the migration option starts? I really don't want to miss out on this opportunity.

It starts on Tuesday as soon SwitchFrame is available. 

The open question is when it ends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-11-16 at 10:03 AM, (XB1)MerlyBR said:

Wait if PC players are going to be able to transfer their accounts does that mean that warframe will be the same build on switch and on PC?

It'll probably work like the others. Same place at launch then back to console updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a shame looks like I wont even be touching warframe on the switch. I'm not the type of person who starts from scratch, seeing nintendo and MS getting along I would at least think that migration would be possible for them but I guess not. I mean look at fortnite they have cross linked accounts I dont see this being on MS/Nintendo/sony's end since they allow crossplay now. This seems like something on DE's end. Knowing that the PC is ahead in updates, I really don't see a good excuse as to why they cant have account migrations for all system when fortnite has full blown account linking thats shares progress between all devices. 

Edited by (XB1)TVirusPlague
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand why we can’t migrate from other consoles to switch however, could us console players be given the option to apply for a booster pack? Something that would include xp, affinity, and resource boosters? Even a prime warframe and weapon set would be nice 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JaundiceJones said:

So I'll have to wait until Fortuna update in order to keep my K-drive, standing, etc.? Which with my luck will be after the migration period is over.

Please clear this up, I'm starting to wonder if I should have bought the switch or not.

Edit: Ah, they wouldn't do that...

They stated that they are going to do their best to bring anything you unlocked through Fortuna back again on your Switch account once Fortuna unlocks on the switch, but I do not believe anything is set in stone. 

Here is an interview with Rebecca and Steve discussing more on the Switch release along with Switch gameplay in the background (which looks fantastic btw!). Fortuna data mentioned at 10:08, along with some account migration/crossplay discussion prior to that at around 6:25:

 

Edited by Cazador404
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-11-16 at 10:57 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you have purchased Platinum on PC, it will not be transferred to your Nintendo Switch account

What if I traded for all my plat?  That's like saying I just threw away all of my tradeable inventory, with nothing to show for it.  Do I need to spend all my plat before considering an account transfer?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

And who pays DE for all the work this would involve? You? How much do you want to spend monthly for that kind of service? Nothing? I thought so.

Did not expect such a toxic comment, but i honestly don't care. I still say, there's no point then to copy my account into my switch and doubling things to do. As i see, it's pointless talking with people like you defending the game in this way. I did not threw s''t on anybody nor anything. It's just useless. That's it. 

Edited by Adams
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cazador404 said:

They stated that they are going to do their best to bring anything you unlocked through Fortuna back again on your Switch account once Fortuna unlocks on the switch, but I do not believe anything is set in stone. 

Here is an interview with Rebecca and Steve discussing more on the Switch release along with Switch gameplay in the background (which looks fantastic btw!). Fortuna data mentioned at 10:08, along with some account migration/crossplay discussion prior to that at around 6:25:

 

Cool, thanks for clearing that up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Time well spend... yeah... and how does this make any more money for DE?
It's easier, less money and time consuming for DE, if you just keep playing on PC. If you play on a console, the console's company gets a share of the money you pay for platinum.
On PC DE gets all the money.
So it's actually in DE's interest to have you on PC.

And as I said, having it the way you descriped, DE would waste their time and money on that feature without getting more money out of it.

So why would they do that?

And I'm still interested to know if the handheld-Switch can connect to the internet. If not, then there is no "playing on the go".
Therefore I have to wonder, why you would ever want to play on the Switch. (Aside from your computer being broken maybe...)

DE should not make development decisions on the basis of Platinum revenue - that's the territory of EA.
I am pretty sure, that DE already have game versions of Warframe running on Xbox and PlayStation, so it's not really affecting Platinum revenue more or less - than what is already the case.
Besides DE would still have the majority of players on PC because all the new Game Updates will be released on PC first.
Lastly DE should try to make the majority of their customers happy - sometimes that means putting in some extra dev hours - not in the search of immediate profits, but in search of gaming excellence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell, we are coming up on the end of a console generation in 1-2 years at most. What is going to happen to console players when the PS5 Xbox2 come out? Will the new consoles be supported? Not having shared progress is just stupid. I should be able to pick up on any platform and just start playing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how the accounts being copied over but not syncing is good. Was looking forward to this, but no progress sync? No thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, (PS4)Cybrwzrd said:

Hell, we are coming up on the end of a console generation in 1-2 years at most. What is going to happen to console players when the PS5 Xbox2 come out? Will the new consoles be supported? Not having shared progress is just stupid. I should be able to pick up on any platform and just start playing.

I 100% agree with this, at this point I don't want to spend money on platinum if my account is just locked to a certain console. They should at least add cross accounts/progress to consoles since they are updated around the same time unlike PC. This isn't 2013 anymore account migration shouldn't ONLY be for PC players. Everyone should be able to migrate from the console of their choice. I think im done with warframe now to be completely honest until they let us migrate/link console accounts.

Edited by (XB1)TVirusPlague

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consoles don’t let DE push patches out as freely and immediately as they can on PC. 

If and when that changes, then maybe there’ll be a universal account. 

 

All the same, I’m glad to have a chance to play again after my laptop bit the dust a couple years back. ✌🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, (PS4)Rockman2450 said:

hey if anyone knows I have a question. I don't have a Nintendo switch (I'm using a friend's switch). let say that I made my pc copy onto switch on my friend switch and then I get my own. will I be able to play the game with the same account or is going to be locked on my friend switch that have my Nintendo account?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure? Just imagine it's you're own and it broke, you get a new one. Make sure you have you're own Nintendo Login and Warframe account.. migrate the files. I'm sure it'll make a checkpoint you can return to later. Once that data is sync'd online it should be fine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am one of those that play mainly on the PC and was waiting for the Switch version with open arms. I can understand Platinum not transfering, I can swallow quests that have to be played in each console. But at least the inventory should be shared. This beats the whole idea of just playing "on the road". I'm one of those that not really like farming, and the idea of having to do it twice just sits bad with me. I really expected something else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zaratoth said:

I am one of those that play mainly on the PC and was waiting for the Switch version with open arms. I can understand Platinum not transfering, I can swallow quests that have to be played in each console. But at least the inventory should be shared. This beats the whole idea of just playing "on the road". I'm one of those that not really like farming, and the idea of having to do it twice just sits bad with me. I really expected something else...

I mean.  at least this beats the original option which was full blown account transfer (so losing the pc account).  now its just an account copy so its just a headstart for those that want to move to the switch (so we have the option of keeping the pc account as well).  I was prepared to lose my pc account all together so this makes me happy as heck lol

 

better that the ps4 migration mess imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lothmak said:

I mean.  at least this beats the original option which was full blown account transfer (so losing the pc account).  now its just an account copy so its just a headstart for those that want to move to the switch (so we have the option of keeping the pc account as well).  I was prepared to lose my pc account all together so this makes me happy as heck lol

 

better that the ps4 migration mess imo

That's true. Oh, well. We'll see where we go from here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if I migrate my data I will loose the Fortuna progress along with the Garuda bundle?... I mean, yeah, I have that on PC, but I wanted to have it as well in Switch, since I builded up the Nagantaka and Garuda. Not to mention the fashion frame I will loose along if the new prime accesories are not supported yet...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I’m confused, and not understanding correctly (itÂ’s also 7am and my head is dead lol).

 When transferring I get that there’s no shared progress. Does that mean basically you’ll have your warframes and inventory but the starchart will have to be redone? Or does it just mean what you have done (aside from Fortuna) will be on your switch but won’t be updated on your other account if you use one or the other?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-11-16 at 9:36 AM, (PS4)CypherX98 said:

It honestly doesnt make sense why console transfers cannot happen! DE Support can access and help console accounts if there is a problem so transferring that information from one platform to another shouldnt be that difficult. I want to play on the Switch but not if I have to start the entire process over.

Sony and microsoft dont want to lose "their" users to the switch, so theyre probably preventing this option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, IntelPentiumIV said:

So if I migrate my data I will loose the Fortuna progress along with the Garuda bundle?... I mean, yeah, I have that on PC, but I wanted to have it as well in Switch, since I builded up the Nagantaka and Garuda. Not to mention the fashion frame I will loose along if the new prime accesories are not supported yet...

 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

I guess IÂ’m confused, and not understanding correctly (itÂ’s also 7am and my head is dead lol).

 When transferring I get that there’s no shared progress. Does that mean basically you’ll have your warframes and inventory but the starchart will have to be redone? Or does it just mean what you have done (aside from Fortuna) will be on your switch but won’t be updated on your other account if you use one or the other?

Multiple sources have stated that fortuna items will be locked on switch until fortuna releases on switch, and then they will be given back to you.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are duplicate username going to be handled?  I'm guessing it gets copied to Nintendo account name vice keeping original PC username.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, clxrffdman said:

 

Multiple sources have stated that fortuna items will be locked on switch until fortuna releases on switch, and then they will be given back to you.

I get that, but will everything else be carried over then (aside from plat)? It just means that if I play and progress further in my switch it wonÂ’t be added to pc right? I just donÂ’t want to start over from scratch again lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...