Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Nintendo Switch: ACCOUNT MIGRATION!

[DE]Rebecca

On 2018-11-17 at 7:28 PM, (XB1)TVirusPlague said:

What a shame looks like I wont even be touching warframe on the switch. I'm not the type of person who starts from scratch, seeing nintendo and MS getting along I would at least think that migration would be possible for them but I guess not. I mean look at fortnite they have cross linked accounts I dont see this being on MS/Nintendo/sony's end since they allow crossplay now. This seems like something on DE's end. Knowing that the PC is ahead in updates, I really don't see a good excuse as to why they cant have account migrations for all system when fortnite has full blown account linking thats shares progress between all devices. 

Yeah this really bubbles my Piss 😞. In Minecraft i use my Xbox account on the Switch, i have the same worlds, texture packs and all the fancy stuff now on my Switch, i really hoped this would also work for Warframe. I have also read that Switch players can link their Smite Console account to the Switch, (in the near future), so what´s the proble here? After more the 1k hours on my Xbox i´m not starting all over again that´s for sure. I was pretty pumped to play Warframe on my Switch with some of my Friends but it guess this will never happen. 

I'm not sure if this was asked or not, but will there maybe be an option to transfer your account from ps4 to switch in the future? I never had a gaming PC till now but my main is on PS4 and i would hate to have to grind 900hrs again when i could add another 900 on my main account.

11 hours ago, clxrffdman said:

Multiple sources have stated that fortuna items will be locked on switch until fortuna releases on switch, and then they will be given back to you.

thank you....this is what i really wanted to know.

that being said, i would also like to know what WOULDNT be copied over apart from purchased plat. I have Chroma's Prime accessories and would be rather annoyed if i lost that on the switch version (along with the boosters)

It's a bummer that now, especially with the Switch and the opportunities it brings, account syncing isn't a thing. I knows these things aren't simple by any means and I'm sure there's red tape involved.

Hell I wouldn't mind if hotfixes, big-updates, and items took twice as long to hit the Switch if it meant I could sync progress between my PC and Nintendo accounts.

On 2018-11-16 at 5:11 PM, Kyoresh said:

well....maybe in a distant future 😞

No never because none of the walled gardens will even allow you to play on their platform while having the possibility to purchase premium items outside their ecosystem.

If they are locking you in then they sometime allow it once (like this) but that's it

1 minute ago, SilentMobius said:

No never because none of the walled gardens will even allow you to play on their platform while having the possibility to purchase premium items outside their ecosystem.

If they are locking you in then they sometime allow it once (like this) but that's it

nope. many games allow that. at this point its most likely a thing DE has to decide, if its worth it for them.

2 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

nope. many games allow that. at this point its most likely a thing DE has to decide, if its worth it for them.

I will put money on this simply being exceptions for specific powerhouses, and not available at all for any other game or company.

Other devs have been very clear on how strict the financial arrangement are, De have never been able to arrange this (despite trying) and I don't see that changing.

Just now, SilentMobius said:

I will put money on this simply being exceptions for specific powerhouses, and not available at all for any other game or company.

Other devs have been very clear on how strict the financial arrangement are, De have never been able to arrange this (despite trying) and I don't see that changing.

I dont think its a rarety as even smaller games like Rocket League have Crossplay through different consoles/pc

29 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

I dont think its a rarety as even smaller games like Rocket League have Crossplay through different consoles/pc

Rocket league locks purchased items to the platform of purchase. Which is what I was saying, purchaces will never be allowed outside of the walled gardens that affect the walled garden accounts unless it is a one-off lock-in (Like it been for ever console release of this game, including the switch)

Crossplay is a different matter, that is simply different platform players being able to play the game together (Not a player being able to use their account on a foreign platform) that is limited by the platform owners but in DE's case most importantly by patchlevel and DE are not going to change that, as they have said, many times, that update speed is their #1 concern so they will never sacrifice the PC's head start.

(Also rocket league has notable limitation on its crossplay, XBox and PS4 players can't play together for example)

29 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Rocket league locks purchased items to the platform of purchase. Which is what I was saying, purchaces will never be allowed outside of the walled gardens that affect the walled garden accounts unless it is a one-off lock-in (Like it been for ever console release of this game, including the switch)

Crossplay is a different matter, that is simply different platform players being able to play the game together (Not a player being able to use their account on a foreign platform) that is limited by the platform owners but in DE's case most importantly by patchlevel and DE are not going to change that, as they have said, many times, that update speed is their #1 concern so they will never sacrifice the PC's head start.

(Also rocket league has notable limitation on its crossplay, XBox and PS4 players can't play together for example)

This argument doesn't really work anymore when Hi-Rez is adding account linking for both of their current third party games Paladins and Smite in mid january.  Microsoft and Nintendo are very open to allowing cross account progression. It just seems like DE isn't really pushing hard enough to make it a reality.

13 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

soo? why even bring that up? All I ever talked about was crossplay, not purchases.

And the easiest thing to do would be a seperate Beta Build thats similar to a test server in other games. There everything would remain normal and people wouldnt notice a difference.

At the same time they should make a PC Build that is at the same level as the console build, so that crossplay works

3 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

soo? why even bring that up? All I ever talked about was crossplay, not purchases.

And the easiest thing to do would be a seperate Beta Build thats similar to a test server in other games. There everything would remain normal and people wouldnt notice a difference.

At the same time they should make a PC Build that is at the same level as the console build, so that crossplay works

The post of yours I replied to was quoting Rebecca talking about synchronized accounts between platforms (AKA porting purchases between platforms), not platform crossplay.

I brought it up because you replied to Rebecca bringing it up and opined it might be possible, it won't be.

As far as enabling crossplay is concerned, It's a notable, persistent outlay for DE that has minimal return value, as each platform has a self sustaining-playerbase, it gains them very little. As a 20+ year developer myself, I wouldn't be able to sell that to the accountants and I doubt DE even care to try. It's functionally lose-lose for them.

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎17 at 10:56 PM, WhiteMarker said:

And who pays DE for all the work this would involve? You? How much do you want to spend monthly for that kind of service? Nothing? I thought so.

What a ridiculous comment. Completing the work to provide this option would provide a better experience for players who wish to play warframe on the go. Not all of us can be chained to our PC's for the amount of time that this game requires. Being able to farm, chip away at MR etc would keep me more invested in the game, thus provide me a better experience and likely to purchase more plat. 

Not every action is directly tied to increased revenue - and DE seem to be one of the few devs that really get that.

Any sort of Database sync that syncs materials, affinity/MR, Mods and weapons/gear etc would greatly increase the experience for me, so when I sit down to play on my PC (which does not happen as much as id like) i can do activities that I want (not mundane tasks that I need to do)  

19 minutes ago, (XB1)TVirusPlague said:

This argument doesn't really work anymore when Hi Rez is adding account linking for both of their big games Paladins and smite.

It really does, if you don't grasp the difference between PvP-focused games and Warframe as far as content, engine updates and the need for unified player base are concerned I can't help you.

I mean their game is so simple they can crossplay on different patchlevels, that's how little they change their game, That would not work with Warframe (as Steve has said, many times)

...and finally, regarding Smite/Paladins porting paid items:

Additionally, some items contained in DLC bundles may only be available on the platform where the DLC was purchased, due to platform requirements.

I mean DE have (almost) launched on 3 consoles now, same every time: copy PC accounts to the console for a limited time with item and plat restrictions, every time DE have stated this is because of platform restrictions.

I see no reason for them to lie about it.

9 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

I mean DE have (almost) launched on 3 consoles now, same every time: copy PC accounts to the console for a limited time with item and plat restrictions, every time DE have stated this is because of platform restrictions.

I see no reason for them to lie about it.

A lot has changed since they released on PS4 and X1. Microsoft seemed to see an opportunity to one-up Sony by playing nice with other consoles (starting with Minecraft). Sont seemed to hold out as long as they could, but overwhelming consumer push back forced their hand. 

Im not say that there are still not technical challenges, but its seem the walls around these consoles have come down quite a bit, especially in the past 12 months. 

4 minutes ago, Dosed11 said:

A lot has changed since they released on PS4 and X1. Microsoft seemed to see an opportunity to one-up Sony by playing nice with other consoles (starting with Minecraft). Sont seemed to hold out as long as they could, but overwhelming consumer push back forced their hand. 

Im not say that there are still not technical challenges, but its seem the walls around these consoles have come down quite a bit, especially in the past 12 months. 

Sure, For limited (Not PS4 <-> Xbox) crossplay of games where they are simple enough to be capable of play across patchlevels or the company is happy to hold back PC. Often with the financial pressure of a PvP game where a bigger player pool is always a net good.

Paid item transfer seems to be as limited as ever.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

Another question- will Warframe on Switch be affected by Nintendo’s online service where you pay 20 a month? 

I was thinking of making a new account to play warframe on (rather not be caught with my anime name lol) but if it is, I won’t have a choice.

no, you are able to play warframe with/without the Nintendo sub

On 2018-11-16 at 10:52 AM, Jayxe56 said:

This makes me so sad... As a MR25 1 year player, I will not be playing on switch. There is no reason for me to do things twice if I want my pc account to be my main source of play time. I was really hoping there would be cross save functionality. 

I'm gonna migrate my account. Might as well... I bought my kids and myself a Switch for Xmas. Should be fun to play it on my switch for S#&amp;&#036;s and giggles. Still have my steam link for messing around on the PC while sitting on the couch when I want that game. 😝

8 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Sure, For limited (Not PS4 <-> Xbox) crossplay of games 

Actually PS4 and Xbox crossplay is happening, starting with Fortnite (soonish i think). 

Anyway - as you mentioned, Warframe is infinitly more complex than those games. I am more interested in a database sync for gear/MR/affinity/weapons etc, those playing with poepl across platforms. That seems more feasible in the future (as i think that could happen across patches?)  

15 minutes ago, Dosed11 said:

Actually PS4 and Xbox crossplay is happening, starting with Fortnite (soonish i think). 

We'll see if the is actually a policy change on Sony's part or if jut them bending to Epic due to not wanting to miss out on their part of the fortnite pie.

15 minutes ago, Dosed11 said:

Anyway - as you mentioned, Warframe is infinitly more complex than those games. I am more interested in a database sync for gear/MR/affinity/weapons etc, those playing with poepl across platforms. That seems more feasible in the future (as i think that could happen across patches?)  

The one thing that the walled gardens fear is giving people the ability to buy content that manifests on their platform without them getting a cut, that is their #1 red-line-in-the-sand. Warframe has so much of that I just don't see the walled gardens giving DE a deal that makes it remotely worth it for them.

And frankly, while some players may want it, it really doesn't actually have much ROI for DE.

9 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

The one thing that the walled gardens fear is giving people the ability to buy content that manifests on their platform without them getting a cut, that is their #1 red-line-in-the-sand. Warframe has so much of that I just don't see the walled gardens giving DE a deal that makes it remotely worth it for them.

And frankly, while some players may want it, it really doesn't actually have much ROI for DE.

Yeh, but again times - they are a changing. I bought a session pass for Fortnite on my Switch and there it was on my Xbox. Even so, just doing it between the Switch and PC would be a great start. The Switch has a feature (portability) that makes it desirable as a second device 2 play on. Not really my point moving from one non portable device to another. 

16 minutes ago, Dosed11 said:

Yeh, but again times - they are a changing. I bought a session pass for Fortnite on my Switch and there it was on my Xbox. Even so, just doing it between the Switch and PC would be a great start. The Switch has a feature (portability) that makes it desirable as a second device 2 play on. Not really my point moving from one non portable device to another. 

Maybe the walled gardens demand a percentage of off-platform sales to enable paid item sync, maybe the big boys can negotiate that down to a feasible level but no one else can. All we do know is what DE have said for Warframe, and what we know of the walled garden vendors, and they do not open up unless there is money in it for them.

Feel free to ask the question on a devstream, reference fortnite, I doubt you'll get a different answer but DE might let something slip, especially a few beers in.

Archived