Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't catch fish properly with controller - shock prompt invisible

Shankster9

Don't know if this is happening for anyone else, but anyway... I can throw the spear and it hits the fish like it should, but I get no prompt to trigger the shock. The frame just stands there with the fish hooked, but no way to reel it in. Frustrating as I need Kriller to make my first K-Drive.

Tested with different frames, pets, loading in and out of Fortuna and Orbiter as well as restarting the game. Nothing fixed it.

Edited by Shankster9
Changed thread title for clarification

I thought I was going crazy. 

Same no prompt to shock fish after you hook them, I am also using a controller.

OP, also can you revise the title so it is more specific about the shock prompt instead of just a generic "fishing is broken" title

Edited by sv650racer

1 hour ago, sv650racer said:

OP, also can you revise the title so it is more specific about the shock prompt instead of just a generic "fishing is broken" title

Done! 🙂

I also discovered the shock prompt is actually there, but we just can't see it. I was able to time the triggerpull a couple of times and actually catch the fish even without seeing the prompt. That's obviously not very reliable though...

9 hours ago, Shankster9 said:

Done! 🙂

I also discovered the shock prompt is actually there, but we just can't see it. I was able to time the triggerpull a couple of times and actually catch the fish even without seeing the prompt. That's obviously not very reliable though...

I also notice that you can't initiate chat typing by using controller buttons, you have to physically mouse over the the chat text line box, left click to start typing on it.

Edited by sv650racer

You can produce this bug by using the chat window.  You will notice that the bug is active when you cannot see the fishing interface in the bottom right corner.

I've noticed this bug since day 1. You should be able to fix the issue if by switching to a weapon then re-selecting the fishing spear. When you see the fishing interface at the bottom right instead of powers you are able to fish again correctly.

Haven't tested today but it was working yesterday with this workaround.

11 hours ago, Wandrecanada said:

You can produce this bug by using the chat window.  You will notice that the bug is active when you cannot see the fishing interface in the bottom right corner.

I've noticed this bug since day 1. You should be able to fix the issue if by switching to a weapon then re-selecting the fishing spear. When you see the fishing interface at the bottom right instead of powers you are able to fish again correctly.

I tried that but didn't work.

Also I have other problem, if I use only mouse and keyboard, can't select bait or another spear. I have to select them with the controller and then use the mouse and keyboard.

And I noticed that when I use my controller if I press the keys 1/2/3 on my keyboard I can use my warframe abilities, but when I use my mouse and keyboard if I press the keys 1/2/3 on my keyboard I can use the fishing spear, bait, or luminos dye.

13 hours ago, Wandrecanada said:

Nope.

It think the prompt was broke before very early at launch then they fixed it, but this NEW bug is recent; it broke again. 

3 hours ago, Wandrecanada said:

Are you using multiple fishing spears on the gear wheel?  Do you also have bait on the gear wheel?

I want to try testing with the same setup so I can try to repro it with you.

I tried everything.

The ONLY way for the prompt to show up is if I move the mouse. Something clearly broke the controller input very recently.

Did some testing.  Confirmed that fishing interface disappears when any controller inputs occur.

Confirmed it is not Warframe specific.

Confirmed it does not matter if there are multiple items on the gear wheel or just the fishing spear.

Confirmed it does not matter which fishing tool is on the gear wheel (or multiple tools).

Confirmed this occurs on both Plains and Vallis.

Confirmed swapping spears using the gear wheel does not fix the problem

Confirmed using the mouse interface will immediately restore the fishing mode.

Edited by Wandrecanada

• 2 weeks later...