Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gaurda new energy mechanic

(XBOX)Nightseid

First and foremost, I’m a console player and as such it will be a while before I get to play/test Garuda. That said, I have been watching Garuda review videos. So my biggest critique is this:

I like the low life increases damage mechanic, however, I feel her current kit does not exploit that concept more. There is so much potential here.

As such I want to share an energy mechanic idea, I’m loosely basing off two warframe concepts I posted recently.

Garuda stats

Increase Health from 100 to 300 400

Reduce Energy to 0.

New passive - Blood Offering - instead of energy, Garuda abilities cost health to cast.

New passive in addition to current: Bloodstone – instead of energy, Garuda has 5 bloodstones. Whenever an ability is cast it consumes blood stones. Abilities use Bloodstones to activate powers. Each bloodstone has a recharge state of 10 secs after use (fixed). If the ability kills an enemy, a bloodstone will automatically be recharged.

Dread Mirror

Cost – 35 health & 1 bloodstone;

Throw blood orb cost – 10 health; 1 bloodstone

Blood Altar

Cost – 60 health & 2 bloodstones

Bloodletting – @AndouRaiton recommendation. Melee striking enemies may cause them to drop a health orb based on the amount of damage caused.

Cost - 85 health

Duration - 10/12/15/20s

Misc: 20/30/40/50% health orb - drop chance

As each ability now cost health in addition to bloodstones, it would be best to reverse the ability to restore health, vice energy.

Cost – remaining bloodstones – each bloodstone consumed restores 25% health.

Seeking Talons

Cost – 100 health & 2 bloodstones

>Energy efficiency will affect the amount of health that is consumed.

Final comments:

Do I see this change actually happening? No, but I am hoping that DE notices this thread and considers it for a future rework. Because as I mentioned I like the less health, more damage mechanic but see it underutilized with her current kit.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

2 changes i would recommend for this;

1. drop the bloodstone idea and just make it consume health, maybe even increase the base health to 350~400 and increase the cost of skills.

2. Bloodletting should still cut your health, instead of healing you, but provide a buff; such as every enemy hit within the next 15s by a melee weapon will drop a health orb (NOTE: not on death but on hit) and melee attacks have increased status chance affected by power strength.

This way we don't rely on enemies to reduce health, we get a useful buff that can trigger this like health conversion to increase survivability and Bloodletting doesn't become a healing skill as Garuda already has a really good one already.

51 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

2 changes i would recommend for this;

1. drop the bloodstone idea and just make it consume health, maybe even increase the base health to 350~400 and increase the cost of skills.

2. Bloodletting should still cut your health, instead of healing you, but provide a buff; such as every enemy hit within the next 15s by a melee weapon will drop a health orb (NOTE: not on death but on hit) and melee attacks have increased status chance affected by power strength.

This way we don't rely on enemies to reduce health, we get a useful buff that can trigger this like health conversion to increase survivability and Bloodletting doesn't become a healing skill as Garuda already has a really good one already.

point taken. 

I forgot that blood altar was a healing skill, lol. the point of the bloodstones was to control spamming but ... in hindsight, it might be overkill.

edit: I have edited the o.p.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid