Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #119

[DE]Rebecca

As a console player I got a very upsetting feeling yesterday during devstream.

The suspect is that DE will lock Switch updates day and date with PS4 and XB1.

I remember that Steve during the Fortuna release stream mentioned that the console build was almost ready and would have been delivered very very soon.

Yesterday, after a very very convoluted speech about the love towards console players and such, about the help of PC players testing builds and so on...Fortuna was scheduled before the end of the year; it was a speech that gave a very uneasy feeling.

The impression I had is that DE didn't manage to "cook" PS4 and XB1 builds and send them to cert before the release of Warframe on Switch; basically if we PS4/XB1 got them before November 20th we were served, but now we will have to wait for Switch version.

What I want to say is that locking 3 platforms together on update release in this case is very wrong, especially because 1 version is not developed in house and the same system has a totally different architecture.

I always suspected that Switch release would have been a problem for the old console players because of this, I had expressed many times my concern that it would have held back contents for the existing console player base that have played in some case for 5 years

I'm not against scheduling day and date release, but only once the Switch version is stable and proven, not on player count but on software side, but that's a target achievable in time, not by forcing other old players to wait

Now, I'm sure loads of people will come in dressed in white armors to defend DE, but only facts will prove me or the white knight wrong, and that's how Fortuna update will get released...if it's day and date on all consoles we old players get the shaft

I also think that no PC player would be happy to wait that DE cleans all the bugs, sends to cert, waits Sony and Microsoft, then have the PC build

6 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

As a console player I got a very upsetting feeling yesterday during devstream. 

I think you basically brought this on yourself, Fortuna as a map is HUGE comparatively, it's far bigger than any other map in the game and takes considerably more resources than PoE to run.  Considering I remember PoE having issues running on consoles due to load time etc anyone thinking optimising fortuna for consoles would be a quick job was to put it bluntly deluded, not to mention we've only had fortuna for like a week and a bit. 

Also Steve might have said the console build was almost ready which based on the fact they have it running and had screenshots it is technically 'almost ready' but that doesn't mean it had the QC it needs before cert or any of the adjustments that have been done on the PC version.  Remember consoles can't be updated as easily as pc builds. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived