Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exodia Contagion --> Hold E to use

Kwikwilyaqa

Exodia Contagion is a very decent arcane, but mostly is a instant suicide button while you are airborne and distracted with a melee build - is not your fault, its a flawed design (you are obligated to unlearn how to play in order to use it properly - you need to restrict your movement using melee, what makes no sense at all).

"Hold E" (like a glaive throw - that can kill you, but don't because the act of "throwing" is separated from the "standard melee" action) can avoid the insanity of trying to remember if you just jumped or double jump - or "i just bullet jump?" - every single time you are airborne falling into a mass of enemies thinking about "can I slam or I will die?".

A simple change like that can make a meme/joke became a useful tool in game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walkampf said:

Yes it is....

You initiate the attak, not the arcane.

It IS your fault.

Just like it is you fault, when you use the Ogris at point blank.

End of discussion.

Is the reason i don't use the arcane. You can't have a proper aim without a proper "launch" mechanic.

And Ogris is a primary, not a melee weapon - probably you do a bit more damage to enemies slapping them instead of shooting with this weapon. And any explosive weapon you CAN avoid damage without eradicate all the acrobatics needed to reach the enemies - what you CAN'T do in melee. This is not a proper comparison...

Is a proposition - hence the comparison with a valid throwable melee weapon (the Glaive) - to improve the arcane and avoid things that interrupt the fluidity and mobility required to MELEE combat.

Why keep it stupid when it can be better?

• Like 1

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Kwikwilyaqa:

You can't have a proper aim without a proper "launch" mechanic. (...) - what you CAN'T do in melee.

If you 'launch* something it can't be considered melee anymore, now can it?

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Kwikwilyaqa:

And Ogris is a primary, not a melee weapon

It doesn't matter in which weaponslot a weapon is set, youa re launching an explosive projectile in both cases.

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Kwikwilyaqa:

And any explosive weapon you CAN avoid damage without eradicate all the acrobatics needed to reach the enemies

Whouldn't 'acrobatics' take you AWAY from an explosion?

If you are jumping right into the center of the explosion, then there is your actual problem.

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Kwikwilyaqa:

to improve the arcane and avoid things that interrupt the fluidity and mobility required to MELEE combat.

So, you want to tie the acrane to a charge attack, which effectivly stops you dead in your tracks instead of an attack tied to an actual movement, a bulletjump. This is the exact opposite of what you claim it's supposed to do.

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Kwikwilyaqa:

Why keep it stupid when it can be better?

Because it's unique in this way. If you want an explosive weapon, which can be fired by holding down a button while standing, then there already are numerous options, The Ogris, the Opticor, there are also several grenade launchers, Sarpa and that other gunblade and even all the different glaives you mentioned yourself and (probably not even) last but not least, Excaliburs exalted weapon.

There are already a vaste amount of other weapons which do exacly what you want. There is literally no creative reason why you whould change the arcane into something more generic than it is, since there are more than enough alternatives.

yeah, the projectile takes a bit of getting used to since they added self damage. I use mine like a long-range tomahawk: mid-air attack with the camera facing roughly where you want it to go, aim really high up for Plains encounter. it's luck of the draw on whether it hits, but it hits hard when it does. it's kinda like having the Throwing Knife/Tomahawk from the older CoD games, only it can kill you. 

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

3 hours ago, Walkampf said:

Yes it is....

You initiate the attak, not the arcane.

It IS your fault.

Just like it is you fault, when you use the Ogris at point blank.

End of discussion.

Last time I used contagion it would fire a projectile downwards when you do a slam attack.... that projectile goes to the same spot you're doing the slam attack and you get self damage.  It's why I only use exodia epidemic.

29 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

If you 'launch* something it can't be considered melee anymore, now can it?

It doesn't matter in which weaponslot a weapon is set, youa re launching an explosive projectile in both cases.

Whouldn't 'acrobatics' take you AWAY from an explosion?

If you are jumping right into the center of the explosion, then there is your actual problem.

So, you want to tie the acrane to a charge attack, which effectivly stops you dead in your tracks instead of an attack tied to an actual movement, a bulletjump. This is the exact opposite of what you claim it's supposed to do.

Because it's unique in this way. If you want an explosive weapon, which can be fired by holding down a button while standing, then there already are numerous options, The Ogris, the Opticor, there are also several grenade launchers, Sarpa and that other gunblade and even all the different glaives you mentioned yourself and (probably not even) last but not least, Excaliburs exalted weapon.

There are already a vaste amount of other weapons which do exacly what you want. There is literally no creative reason why you whould change the arcane into something more generic than it is, since there are more than enough alternatives.

I'm not understanding you.

Why is so important that one arcane - for Melee Weapons - interrupt your mobility just for the reason of "not being as generic as a glaive" (a very popular class of weapons, btw...)?

Wanna be all cool and do some air maneuvers to "charge the arcane to maximum viral potential"? Put a flavor like "after bullet/double jump, while airborne, hold E to throw a infested (...)". That solves the overrated "originality" problem?

42 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yeah, the projectile takes a bit of getting used to since they added self damage. I use mine like a long-range tomahawk: mid-air attack with the camera facing roughly where you want it to go, aim really high up for Plains encounter. it's luck of the draw on whether it hits, but it hits hard when it does. it's kinda like having the Throwing Knife/Tomahawk from the older CoD games, only it can kill you. 

Yeah, i use it with a non-melee oriented frame - in a dagger for some support damage, but I not even remember that the arcane exists most of the time. But for melee builds is suicidal and stupid. Is just a gimmick to test a bit and trow away - a VERY expensive gimmick, from a rare event, and you need 10 copies to make it...

In the other hand, Exodia Epidemic is a really good arcane with the same flavor (after bullet/double jump) because it enhances the slam attack without cripple the melee experience - and is cool as f@#$, one of the best CCs for close range combat in the game.

The projectile moves in the direction of the bullet jump which means you're dead when it hits the mob you're jumping towards and you're dead if it hits any objects you're passing. Thats poor implementation in my opinion considering that aside from the combat aspect the game is littered with narrow corridors and plenty of clutter. I would personally use it again if they removed the self damage completely. Until then I'll stick to Exodia Epidemic.

Bullet & Double Jumps unlock it.

Users need to be self-aware.

If you jumped twice or bullet jumped...do not hit melee unless your reticule is properly aimed/in position.

I typically stand still, double jump & then use the melee. I try not to get too crazy with it.

Also learned NEVER to do a slam after a double jump.

I actually enjoy using exodia contagion though. It such a nice way to deal so much damage with aoe viral proc to group of enemys. just jump 2 times E and repeat and you got yourself a grenade launcher without equip a gun.

tip for it is the higher base damage you have the more damage you have with mod= more damage with exodia contagion. I use it on high damage dohkram of 180 base attack without mod (which is so high) and i got like 20000-40000 damage crit with exodia contagion and if enemy don't die they still suffer from viral proc for me to pcik them off with my gun too (my build is hybrid build that mostly use on any hybrid melee too so I don't fck up my build at all)

in the end it's up to player skills to use everything that game has offer properly got to admit that I still have things that I don't know to learn everyday so with enough practice I'm sure your problem will be gone.

if you really want to have charge attack projectile I suggest on telling DE to make "new" arcane for it since I see that Fortuna has zaw section that still in progress of building.this way we can have more gameplay style for anyone preference charge or jumping attack right?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Bullet & Double Jumps unlock it.

Users need to be self-aware.

If you jumped twice or bullet jumped...do not hit melee unless your reticule is properly aimed/in position.

I typically stand still, double jump & then use the melee. I try not to get too crazy with it.

Also learned NEVER to do a slam after a double jump.

While there is truth in what you say, the problem is that the restriction(s) outweigh any novelty to the game mechanic or damage result.

Being uniquely bad is very different than being uniquely effective or a being a unique, legitimate alternative.

If DE wants this arcane to be in demand, it needs a better payoff for the restriction.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

While there is truth in what you say, the problem is that the restriction(s) outweigh any novelty to the game mechanic or damage result.

Being uniquely bad is very different than being uniquely effective or a being a unique, legitimate alternative.

If DE wants this arcane to be in demand, it needs a better payoff for the restriction.

I see your point. But it is already in demand to those who are aware of its existence.

It's the most powerful melee Arcane hands down on specific weapons. With Exodia Force covering those Contagion doesn't flow with.

Even after the Covert Lethality ner..."fix" for it. It still one shots groups/swarms of high level enemies & guarantees a status proc.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I see your point. But it is already in demand to those who are aware of its existence.

It's the most powerful melee Arcane hands down on specific weapons. With Exodia Force covering those Contagion doesn't flow with.

Even after the Covert Lethality ner..."fix" for it. It still one shots groups/swarms of high level enemies & guarantees a status proc.

Sure, play melee, but don't double jump, don't bullet jump, don't slam attack... just stand in a middle of a gunfire with a butter knife like a proper player with your precious "on demand" arcane. Sound like a solid way to play to me...

Let me add something: "most powerful" and useless arcane for melee builds (the useless part kinda negate his "power"). I don't see the point of a zaw arcane, made for a melee character, for a melee build, have no real use for melee combat. Is to much to have a proper, useful trigger for the arcane than a "direction" after a move?

Tap E channeling, double tap E, hold E, shift E, alt E (all after the double/bullet jump): anything but the slam command. Can you imagine how much fun you can have with the directional slam attacks in melee 3.0? So useful and powerful - on paper. Yeah, in "demand" because is a rare gimmick from an event they can't reach or farm - not because is good.